Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 3rd, 2007, 01:12 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000
What's the best ratio of Blasts to Glads, in your opinion?

I currently have one Blast and two Glads... I'm tempted to pick up another Blast pack to field 2B and 2G together so that I can more easily absorb a Blast loss without immediately losing squad strength.

Considering a 530pt army build.

Thoughts?
530 is an unusual total -- my suggestion (given you have 2 of the commons):
2x Gladiatrons
2x Blastatrons
Major Q10
Major X17
Old October 5th, 2007, 06:07 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx
Why dont you just round up your total to 550 or 600 instead of something so random?
Because the Tree Town Open has a point limit of 530...

I play tested a Glad-Blast army against my primary army choice. The first wave took out about half of my melee defenses, but just a few ranged barrages took down all of the Glads. My primary army won, +210.

Old October 6th, 2007, 02:05 AM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
I got to play the Glad+Blast combo tonight, and while it took me a couple games to really get a good feel for the combo, it was a BLAST to play!
Old November 16th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
The army I took to the TTO was 6x 4th Mass + Airborne Elite. I almost went with 3x Gladiatrons, 3x Blastatrons, and the Airborne Elite for 530 points. It probably would have been better against Q9, but ... meh.

I had never really played them much before, and I finally got a chance to this week. They're pretty murderriffic against a melee army. A 4th Mass army like Gibberish's can be tough though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 4th, 2008, 02:11 AM

lhhgbh has disabled reputation
Let me make sure I did this right.. I play tested with 8 glads and 4 blasts against HULK.. A friend of mine is wanting to try out HULK this weekend so i wanted to see if they would be alright against him..

Anyhoo, I surrounded Hulk with 6 glads.. Then I stood back with 4 blasts and got to roll 7 dice, four times.. It did some major damage on HULK, knocking out 6 lives.. It was just a play test, but my friend will not be expecting it as he has already stated he will be coming gung-ho on me from the start... It seemed to me that they were a good counter for the green maniac... What do you guys think?

(and I agree... these guys would knock out a double-spaced character easily)

I appreciate the break in spending on HS pieces, but come on already!
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:44 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhhgbh
Let me make sure I did this right.. I play tested with 8 glads and 4 blasts against HULK.. A friend of mine is wanting to try out HULK this weekend so i wanted to see if they would be alright against him..

Anyhoo, I surrounded Hulk with 6 glads.. Then I stood back with 4 blasts and got to roll 7 dice, four times.. It did some major damage on HULK, knocking out 6 lives.. It was just a play test, but my friend will not be expecting it as he has already stated he will be coming gung-ho on me from the start... It seemed to me that they were a good counter for the green maniac... What do you guys think?

(and I agree... these guys would knock out a double-spaced character easily)
lhhgbh, are you still hurting from when my two Blasts took down your squad of sentinels by surrounding them with Glads?

I'm surprised that Hulk is medium so he can be hooked by a Gladiatron. I would have guessed that you needed X17 for him, but that is not the case. That's good news. I'll be using a Vydar army as well, so we'll see who prevails. Now that I know that he will bring on Hulk, I might just bring X17 just to keep Hulk on a leash for a while, but 4+ Glads could do the job as well while diversifying the risk.

I think that the Glads defense of 4 is better than the average melee unit against Hulk's Stomp Special Attack. He'll have to choose between Rage Smash 5+ and Stomp Special Attack if he is surrounded. Rage Smash 5+ is more certain, but can only take care of one Glad per turn, while Stomp Special Attack, although less certain, might get rid of more than one Glad in one turn. If one of us uses X17, Hulk might go all Rage Smash 5+ on him, while with the Glads, he'll have to choose.

We can become allies just to take down Hulk together and decimate his army right then and there. Just don't let Hulk get to your Blasts. We'll have to roll for starting spots so he might not be next to you. However, a super leap of 10 is just brutal.

It's a good thing that a Glad is enough to prevent Hulk from using Super Leap. Otherwise, depending on how many lives he has left, he might choose to risk a few leaving engagement attacks and Super Leap right where your Blasts are. Don't tell him that if he is not hooked to a Glad, he will Super Leap onto your Blasts the first chance he gets. The Glads' attack is not much against Hulk, and the Blasts are nothing either without the Glads. As such, he will go for the Blasts first if he knows what's at stake and avoid cyber claw by super leaping timely and tactically. He is not as deep into Scape as we are so he might not know yet. He has not used Hulk yet either, and as we know, it takes practice.

One advice is to mitigate the risk of Hulk super leap onto your Blasts is to keep your Blasts tactically scatered or in blocks of 4 so that he cannot take down more than one or two at the same time. Hulk's Stomp Special Attack is more effective when used against Blasts than against Glads. In other words, the Glads/Blasts combo looks good against Hulk by preveting him to Super Leap and obliterate your range units in one turn or two. We just have to make sure that we get two or three Glads on him as soon as possible.

We'll have to place some labels on the Blasts/Glads so that we can keep track of who controls them. This is looking exciting already. Agent Carr seems like a good alternative against Hulk, but X17 is a better alternative than Agent Carr because X17 has more staying power than Agent Carr and the priority is to keep Hulk on a leash for a while. Two X17s, one mine and one yours, would be even better keeping Hulk on a leash longer.

Abomination seems like a good counter draft, but I don't want it to become a Marvel fest so I will not draft any Marvel units.
Old January 4th, 2008, 08:50 PM

lhhgbh has disabled reputation
When I play tested the match-up the key is getting to surround and attack HULK first.. I think that Jose will not realize the Blasts strength and ability to take him out so that should play in my favor.. Jose did use the blasts, but he did not quite use them right and I am counting on him forgetting or underestimating them.. I thought of putting something out there to draw HULK in and then surround him with the blasts. I had 6 around him and he did not stand a chance. four would also do nicely.. The blasts 4 def stood up nice against the multi-hit from HULK so you are right..

I also play tested Capt. America and he is very decent using his range attack.. He can take out small/med characters easily..

I did gain a lot of respect for the blasts after I seen them used against me.. that won't happen again...

I appreciate the break in spending on HS pieces, but come on already!
Old January 5th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch
I think that the Glads defense of 4 is better than the average melee unit against Hulk's Stomp Special Attack.
Sorry, but Melee Defense only helps the Glads against adjacent normal attacks. Although if you wanted to try and convince the Hulk player that it works on specials too, I guess we could all understand that.
Old January 5th, 2008, 10:13 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch
I think that the Glads defense of 4 is better than the average melee unit against Hulk's Stomp Special Attack.
Sorry, but Melee Defense only helps the Glads against adjacent normal attacks. Although if you wanted to try and convince the Hulk player that it works on specials too, I guess we could all understand that.
Good correction. Thank you. It changes the picture no doubt.

I was thinking about rage smash 5+ and forgot that the stomp is a special attack. I guess that the way out for Hulk would be to stomp his way out if there is more than 1 Glad holding him as 3 attack vs. 3 defense is skewed towards the attack to prevail. I guess my Glads will be stomped on today. X17 can't use his bonus defense either but he has 5 lives. It still seems better to use the Glads to diversify the risk IMO.

The Glads/Blasts combo still look like the best bet against Hulk. How else can you keep him on a leash and roll up to 8 attack dice X 4 with height advantage and 6 Glads surrounding him that you control? That of course is the most ideal theoretical scenario. The most likely (average) scenario is 5 attack dice X 4, which is still awesome.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old April 16th, 2008, 01:34 AM

CaptainCanuck is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Blastatrons

I am setting up a 500 pt team centered around the blast Glad combo

2XGlad 160
1 Blast 60
Q9 180

So I have 100 left what should I do with those points?
Old April 16th, 2008, 09:44 AM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

Another set of Blastatrons and Guilty and Isamu.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:27 AM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
I am setting up a 500 pt team centered around the blast Glad combo

2XGlad 160
1 Blast 60
Q9 180

So I have 100 left what should I do with those points?
Raelin is always nice to have for any army, but also another figure that works well with Q9 is Saylind. Saylind can fly around the map hopping to high points and summoning Q9 to join her!

Please keep signatures short.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units