Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old January 24th, 2015, 05:32 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Answers

As TAF guessed I pulled pretty heavy inspiration from Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood though I haven't seen the original series yet) and the symbolic personifications of the seven deadly sins and really just the symbolism dripping throughout that series. Once I realized how I could make Ctrl+Alt+Del (which usually helps you restart your computer) and have that work together I knew I had to even if it wasn't precisely what I wanted it to be.

Congrats TAF. I figured you would be a tough one to beat as your story was really well written.

~Dysole, who will bring back his point on length of story and victory correlate. :P

Last edited by Dysole; January 24th, 2015 at 05:35 PM. Reason: I also totally wasn't listening to the opening/ending themes from that show while writing <_< >_>
Old January 24th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

Hooray, that was one heck of a contest. Sorry for the sloppy writing, TGRF, but I literally had to rewrite all of SOLIS' dialogue to mirror the quotes he used from Frankenstein (which stuck out like a sore thumb before but now seemed to blend in with the rest of his needlessly wordy speeches). Now I remember why that book took so long to read. Word counts for the rest of eternity! Yaaayyyy!

Anyway, i guess I will think of a Prompt and issue one tomorrow or whenever--I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

~TAF

(P.S. I'd suggest you watch the original FMA; it's not as good as Brotherhood, but it's still a good anime on its own even if it does differ drastically from the Manga)

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 24th, 2015, 06:02 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Don't Worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post

(P.S. I'd suggest you watch the original FMA; it's not as good as Brotherhood, but it's still a good anime on its own even if it does differ drastically from the Manga)
That's the plan at some point. I was recommended to Brotherhood for being the better story.

~Dysole, who thinks Brotherhood might be his favorite anime he's seen
Old January 24th, 2015, 07:15 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Don't Worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
That's the plan at some point. I was recommended to Brotherhood for being the better story.

~Dysole, who thinks Brotherhood might be his favorite anime he's seen
Brotherhood is definitely the best anime out there. The original 2003 FMA is probably the second best anime out there IMO.

~TAF, out to think of a prompt now

Old January 24th, 2015, 11:37 PM

SheapCreaper Woo who?

Congrats once more to TAF! In an interesting sequence of events, a back-to-back winner!

I am he who rules the world, don't you know? One little piece at a time.
Old January 25th, 2015, 03:50 PM

Arrow New Prompt

Okay, it's time for the new prompt. I decided to keep it fairly basic so hopefully that keeps its presence here short and sweet. Here we go:

Quote:
A massive army lingers on the horizon. You and your small band of loyal soldiers stand no chance of winning. But you don't have to win. You just have to kill as many of them as you can before you are overrun. This fortified position has everything you need. Tonight will go down in Valhallan history.
So that's that. Basically, you command a small force (it can be ten soldiers, it can be a thousand so long as you're still heavily outnumbered), defending some sort of fortified position (it can be the last stand at a Valkyrie's capital or an enemy fort you just took over and now reinforcements are on their way, or anything--the point is, there's no running from this fight one way or another). Your soldiers can hail from any General or Generals (a ragtag team or an organized battalion?) fighting any sort of Army (a bunch of B-movie bad guys or an elite battle hardened force?), so much of it is up to you. How do you hold them off? What clever tactics might you employ? What's your motive for staying? How strong are your foes? Basically, how impressive will this feat of yours be? I will be judging based on good writing, original scenarios, clever tactics, impressive feats, and overall wow factor.

You've got a maximum of 14,001 words.

And that's it! You have one week (or month)! A new prompt has been issued! Spread the word! Mention the mentions! Gather all the writers from the four corners of this website!

~TAF
(One last rule: No Spartans )

Old January 25th, 2015, 05:26 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Friend leapt to a rock. The battle churned beneath him. A foul wind picked up the scent of blood and flung it in his face. His long coat flapped about him as he withdrew a pen from an inside pocket. Lifting it on high, he lifted his voice to the five winds and uttered an undying battle-cry.
"This tale will be told! Never shall blackness or the hordes of evil consume the spirit of the writer! Long live Valhalla! Long live pen and paper! Long live the world of our imaginations! And death to all those who would support writer's block!"
He turned his terrible gaze to his allies. They were hard pressed. The enemy was closing in. The end was nigh. Lifting his pen and spreading the pages of his Word document wide, he thundered in a voice like a thousand keyboards typing:
"Let the tale be told! Let the words be forged! And let the knowledge be passed from generation to generation, until its worth is utterly spent on those who died defending it!
"Now! Now! To the screen!
"CHARGE!!!"

~TGRF, who recently watched the Two Towers.
P.S. And no, that is not my entry.
Old January 26th, 2015, 12:09 AM

"If this is to be our end, then I would have them make it such an end as to be worthy of remembrance!"

Remember, points for originality

~TAF

Old January 26th, 2015, 02:39 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
"If this is to be our end, then I would have them make it such an end as to be worthy of remembrance!"

Remember, points for originality

~TAF
Yeah yeah. Therein lies my problem.
~TGRF.
P.S. You can only expect so much when your prompt is basically the Battle of Helm's Deep.
Old January 26th, 2015, 03:21 PM

To be fair, I had some difficulty coming up with original ideas for "Soulborg Invasion" prompt at first, as there's no shortage of robot apocalypse movies and media. With a medium as varied as Heroscape, I'm certain you could come up with something new (or find a way to shed some new creative light on the scenario the prompt has given you) given some brainstorming.

Heck, I guess you could tell the story from the attacking army's perspective. I'd be okay with that. As long as there's some sort of "Alamo-style" battle in there somewhere.

~TAF
P.S. If it is a big problem universally, I guess I could try to think up another prompt if it's that big of a deal.

Old January 26th, 2015, 05:47 PM

LET THERE BE EPICNESS!
Nine pages. Just over 4000 words. That is what I have. Prepare, my challengers, for the editing process!
~TGRF, way too pumped up about this.
Old January 26th, 2015, 10:11 PM

Anyone else willing to give this one a fling? Maybe we can actually get it done in a week this time!

~TAF, ready to judge people.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction