Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 9th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Rules Team HQ - VOTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
We already said a figure who can't move because they are stuck can't use an instead of moving power. They're being prevented from moving by a special power in the game.
Link, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 9th, 2022, 05:00 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Would you be able to use instead of moving powers that don't move your figure itself when you're stuck or otherwise prevented from moving? My understanding was yes.

To be able to discuss this in concrete terms, take Amazo's Amazing Lasso for instance.

Let's say Amazo is stuck. Can he still use his lasso?

Quote:
Instead of moving with Amazo, you may choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Amazo. Place the chosen figure adjacent to Amazo. The chosen figure rolls 2 fewer defense dice if attacked by Amazo this turn. Figures moved by Amazing Lasso will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
So trying to parse it...(this whole thing makes my head spin a bit.)

1) First we need to determine if the power is referring to the act of moving Amazo (instead of moving) or the part of Amazo's turn during which he moves (instead of moving normally)

2) I'm assuming this power was intended to refer to the part of the turn.

3) We've ruled that a design like Cyclops II that lets you take a turn with a figure "during which it cannot move" cancels out the 'move' part of that figure's turn.

4) I don't think the language on Cyclops and the language on Blob are necessarily different. So I think under our current understanding, Blob cancels out the 'move normally' part of a figure's turn, in addition to stopping a figure from physically moving. But I think that's also down to the fact that we still don't have an easy way to distinguish between those two effects wording-wise.
Quote:
I won't get into 1 and 2, as that's a whole different conversation.

4 seems the relevant area for discussion. On something like Psionic Grip, I guess you're actually beginning to move, so it's not relevant for something where you choose to do it instead of moving. You'd choose to do the instead of moving power before Psionic Grip could take away your move. The same way with something like Weather Wizard's Fog Cover and attacking.

I guess if you were next to a figure and they had a power that said "Figures engaged with this figure cannot attack" then you wouldn't be able to give up your attack to do an instead of attacking thing either.

Seems reasonable.

Back on 1, though, I'm 90% sure that we defined "moving" as any move and "moving normally" as moving on your turn, so pretty sure, regardless of intent (who remembers?) that Amazo can do that instead of any move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
We already said a figure who can't move because they are stuck can't use an instead of moving power. They're being prevented from moving by a special power in the game.
Link, please.
Just two pages back in this same discussion.
Old March 9th, 2022, 06:46 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Reworded with LP's suggested since that's no change in the ruling, just preferred wording by two of y'all.

Not making the other change since it'd change the ruling and go against where the discussion took us.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 9th, 2022, 06:47 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just need a vote from Tickle and a clarification for where this leaves quozl's vote.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 9th, 2022, 07:12 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep, definitely agree with the power Stuck. I was talking about when you can't move because there are no open spaces or you're in a hole you can't climb out of.

Quote:
Old March 9th, 2022, 07:15 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yep, definitely agree with the power Stuck. I was talking about when you can't move because there are no open spaces or you're in a hole you can't climb out of.
You can choose to "move" zero spaces! So there's no issue there.
Old March 9th, 2022, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
You can choose to "move" zero spaces! So there's no issue there.
Yep, so we should add it to the examples.

Quote:
Old March 9th, 2022, 08:02 PM

Feels unnecessary to me, since the fact that you can move zero spaces is a previous, well-known ruling. But if you write up what you want to see, I'm willing to consider adding it (as much as I'd like to just wrap up this current vote as is to get something off my to do list).

Old March 9th, 2022, 08:09 PM

Re: Rules Team HQ

Here you go!

Quote:
Agreed with LP about the wording. "If the figure does not have a target for an attack, it still has an attack to give up."

You should probably also add the equivalent for move:

If the figure cannot move because it is stuck or has no open space to move to, it still has a move to give up.

It gets the point across I guess so Yea after those changes.

Quote:
Old March 9th, 2022, 08:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yea to what Bats already had. Nay to anything else without more discussion.
Old March 9th, 2022, 08:24 PM

Seems better to say “if a figure could move 0 spaces, it has a move to give up.”

Old March 9th, 2022, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Seems better to say “if a figure could move 0 spaces, it has a move to give up.”
That wouldn't have the symmetry of the attack sentence and also moving 0 spaces is a weird rule. We should strive for clarity.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy