Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old April 27th, 2010, 10:44 PM

jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby!
Shooting Over "Voids"

Okay I've been using the search function and searching through the boards for quite sometime now, if this has already been posted i apologize.

My question basically is whether or not u can target units if the spaces betweeen you and him have no terrain tiles on them. Okay, Let's say you have a map in the shape of a "U" Can Syvarris located on the left tip, shoot Marro Stinger, located on the right tip? Or would Syvarris have to traverse all the way around the U ? Sorry if this is an obvious question, its not to me.
Old April 27th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Shooting Over "Voids"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwindjackal View Post
Okay I've been using the search function and searching through the boards for quite sometime now, if this has already been posted i apologize.

My question basically is whether or not u can target units if the spaces betweeen you and him have no terrain tiles on them. Okay, Let's say you have a map in the shape of a "U" Can Syvarris located on the left tip, shoot Marro Stinger, located on the right tip? Or would Syvarris have to traverse all the way around the U ? Sorry if this is an obvious question, its not to me.
You may, as long as there exists line of sight. However, you must count the spaces around the hole, as opposed to counting tiles as if there were tiles in between.
Old April 27th, 2010, 10:57 PM

jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:

You may, as long as there exists line of sight. However, you must count the spaces around the hole, as opposed to counting tiles as if there were tiles in between.
I think i get it, but woud that mean in my theoretical "U" i wouldn't be able to shoot across the gap. My range would still have to be counted with actual tiles thus i would proabably end up only being able to shoot somewhere in the middle of the "U". Is that all correct.

P.S. Thanks!
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think i get it, but woud that mean in my theoretical "U" i wouldn't be able to shoot across the gap. My range would still have to be counted with actual tiles thus i would proabably end up only being able to shoot somewhere in the middle of the "U". Is that all correct.

P.S. Thanks!
Correct. And you're welcome.
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:07 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you searched for the exact term you used, "void," you would have found this, so you couldn't have searched that hard. Also, this is in every single master set rulebook in the section about range, so again, you didn't search very hard.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
If you searched for the exact term you used, "void," you would have found this, so you couldn't have searched that hard. Also, this is in every single master set rulebook in the section about range, so again, you didn't search very hard.
I apologize, i did search void, but didn't find that post, I think me and the search function have a problem....everytime i search up something find nothing and then two minutes later someone else is like just search up (exactly what i did search up) and then you woulda found it. Oh well. Thank you though!
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:02 AM

oni is surprisingly tart

You get points in my book for trying.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:04 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
I apologize, i did search void, but didn't find that post, I think me and the search function have a problem....everytime i search up something find nothing and then two minutes later someone else is like just search up (exactly what i did search up) and then you woulda found it. Oh well. Thank you though!
Search by TITLE first not by POST
Old April 28th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

When I shoot over holes, I generally say "Skeet, Skeet, Skeet".

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old April 28th, 2010, 02:11 AM

Agent Mike has disabled reputation

I would need a visual to help me on this...when I think of this rule, I refer it to a "[" shape where you would be on the bottom and the opponent would be on the top.

If you counted completely around the [ to the top tip, you would be not be able to shoot the unit. So, say your figure had a range of 7 and the "l" part of the [ was 6 long, would your figure would be able to attack the top one. Yet, since you count along the [ you would be our of range by two (totaling 8 tiles of distance).

I think I origionally thought the first rule would make sense because you would be counting the terrain tiles that CONNECTED to the void directly. Am I close?? I might have to elaborate on this in a different post.
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:

Agent Mike, Mr.M described it perfectly. You kay not count over the "Void", you must count on tiles around the void.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:41 AM

Agent Mike has disabled reputation

I guess as long as I don't join a tourniment I will just go with my way of doing things. I would really have to show what im talking about...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's