Old July 28th, 2009, 01:29 AM

Zhoom45 Woo who?
Which Kyrie squad is the best?

Point for point, which of the 4 squads is the best in an average situation,
Minions,
Sentinals,
Imperium,
or Protectors?

Personally, I believe that it is minions. They may have a low move, but they can take attacks while they fly up to the opponent with 6 defense and flying to get the high ground, then they can attack for devastating amounts.

Zhoom45 is every character in his own little world which no one has heard of, or wants to enter for that matter.
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:51 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Which Kyrie squad is the best?

Unfortunately for discussion's sake, I have to agree with you. I've seen the Minions take down to many "Squad Killers" to not be the best. Their deadly strike obviously makes every skull count, and honestly it isn't hard, even with 4 move, to get height on your target. I'm not great at calculating the odds of it, but I think 4 hits with 3 dice is a 35% occurrence.

.5x.75=.35 Sound right?

I had a 3 game streak yesterday against my brother with:
Minions x2
Protectors x1
Raelin (1.0)
Atlaga
500 points, 11 spaces
The Protectors didn't really do anything... I just never needed them. I beat KoW, Marro, and MRT/Vipers 3 in a row.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I'm not quite sure what an "average situation" is, but for the defensive game I tend to play, on average, the Sentinels of Jandar are the most effective of the four kyrie squads. (Note, I say "most effective" rather than "best" which is a somewhat more slippery term, in my mind.)
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:56 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd have to agree with the good Reverend. I have an uncanny ability to always roll exactly the defense I need with the Sentinels. Their 3-Attack is not as much fun as it could be, but for consistency, I'd have to go Sentinels.

Minions are a close second.

Protectors just need the right map.

Imperium just need . . . help.
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:58 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Minions are tops.

EI would belong in the general conversation if they were 110 like the rest. They aren't worth 140.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:02 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
I'm not great at calculating the odds of it, but I think 4 hits with 3 dice is a 35% occurrence. .
For Minions, the odds of getting 4 hits with 3 dice is 50%.

I don't see too many average situations in Heroscape. If I have a glyph I want to hold, I will go with Sentinels (Especially if that glyph is a defense + 1). Do you have a KoW with Sir Gilbert Army? Then Sentinels are a great choice. Expect to see a lot of heros? The protectors can be quite deadly.

For the sake of this thread though, I'll have to say my favorite overall is the Sentinels.

Old July 28th, 2009, 09:08 AM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

The EI need Kiova and can't be used in as large groups as the others due to higher cost.

The Sentinels shine when they have knights and concan (and Raelin).

The Minions seem to work well in squads of 3.

The one thing to remember about the protectors, though, is that they are a flying ranged squad.

I have seen good minion and sentinel armies.
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:25 PM

Zhoom45 Woo who?

Just as a side note on the Minion Vs. Sentinal debate, a I'd take a 3 attack on 6 defense, sentinal attacking a minion, over a 2 attack on 4 defense, minion attacking a sentinal. Before anyone tried to argue, because when a minion is attacking a sentinal they are both doubling their roll, the effects negate each other, so it's just 2 attack on 4 defense.

Zhoom45 is every character in his own little world which no one has heard of, or wants to enter for that matter.
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:33 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhoom45 View Post
Just as a side note on the Minion Vs. Sentinal debate, a I'd take a 3 attack on 6 defense, sentinal attacking a minion, over a 2 attack on 4 defense, minion attacking a sentinal. Before anyone tried to argue, because when a minion is attacking a sentinal they are both doubling their roll, the effects negate each other, so it's just 2 attack on 4 defense.
Sort of, but only when they roll against each other.
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:52 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhoom45 View Post
In a head-to-head matchup on flat ground, the difference in kill probability is only three tenths of a percent, which is pretty negligible.
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:59 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am simply a fan of every single Kyrie squad! I loves me some Sentinels and their shields of valor though I am a firm believer that skulls beat shields in the long run. Deadly strike is, in fact, awesome. Einar Emperium's base move of 5, help from the Empress and double attack can be devastating despite the higher cost. Protectors of Ullar are my go to army against hero heavy armies though I could take or leave Bolt of the Witherwood. Dragons beware of combined arbalest! Bwaaaaahahahahahahaaaaaa!
</IMG>
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:04 PM

panheadman1995 is surprisingly tart

Sentinals or Minioins... tough choice...

To me... I can't decide.... I love them both

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units