Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 11th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Marro Gnids

Yup, the link is messed up. I'll fix it momentarily (I think).

edit: Fixing it is beyond my meager html-fu skills. It'll be fixed as soon as I can recruit sufficiently talented help.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 11th, 2011, 11:48 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Thanks! I'd had no difficultly getting the other C3V cards, and I had begun to think that it was a problem on my end!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old September 11th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
CLING
When a card with Marro Gnids on it is destroyed, the Marro Gnids remain on the card and, like the card, are removed from play. They do not count as destroyed, nor may they be brought back into the game by the Marro Hive, the Glyph of Revival, or any other means.

Like this?
They are like undropped Airborne Elite, or unsummoned Rechets of Bogden. We're working on the OP FAQ's.

Old September 11th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Thanks! I'd had no difficultly getting the other C3V cards, and I had begun to think that it was a problem on my end!

Just grab it from the downloads section.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3395

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 11th, 2011, 06:54 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I fixed the link to the .pdf in the OP.

Old September 13th, 2011, 09:16 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There's enough uber-positive support for these guys that I don't feel too "mean" voicing some skepticism which I hope the community can address.

How hard is it to get Cling off? I mean, you need a low defense hero to attack, which isn't really what most games are riddled with. Generally these will have to face a good number of squads, so how do they stack up?

My initial impression of these guys is that they're outclassed by the Blade Gruts. 10 less points, and they bond with a few fantastic heroes. Is Cling less than situational enough to overcome this? There's already been a lot of backlash against powers that destroy your own figures.

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about Cling in realistic terms. I haven't played with these guys yet so I'm just a skeptic and not much more. 2 attack just doesn't seem like enough to crack it. I really want to hear some address to this.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old September 13th, 2011, 09:52 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
There's enough uber-positive support for these guys that I don't feel too "mean" voicing some skepticism which I hope the community can address.

How hard is it to get Cling off? I mean, you need a low defense hero to attack, which isn't really what most games are riddled with. Generally these will have to face a good number of squads, so how do they stack up?

My initial impression of these guys is that they're outclassed by the Blade Gruts. 10 less points, and they bond with a few fantastic heroes. Is Cling less than situational enough to overcome this? There's already been a lot of backlash against powers that destroy your own figures.

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about Cling in realistic terms. I haven't played with these guys yet so I'm just a skeptic and not much more. 2 attack just doesn't seem like enough to crack it. I really want to hear some address to this.
I think one thing in favor of Cling is using the Gnids with the Hive. Then they don't necessarily have to get a Cling shot before being killed... they can get killed and try again.

Another thing is it's a passive power. You don't opt to lose an attack die for a chance to cling, you don't roll the d20 instead of attacking, if you strike a wound, you can cling. It's a bonus feature on something you're going to be using anyways (the normal attack).

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 13th, 2011, 09:58 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Any more attack die and Cling would be far too powerful. Yes it can be tough to get it to work, but once it does (even if it's just once) the hero you just hit is now critically hampered.

The loss of a defense die I think is what jumps out at everyone first, but I think the loss in movement is much more devastating and now add to it that it just got easier to get a 2nd Gnid to Cling to the same Hero since their defense has now dropped.

-insert signature here-
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:09 AM

During playtesting, we found, as NYYS said, that once a single Cling works, even on a Defense 4 or 5 hero, they really start to add up fast, since the Defense of the hero drops, making it easier to Cling.
Add to that the fact that the Gnids have Move 7 and a climbing ability, which lets them get out to the enemy quickly and then easily gain height where possible.
We initially tried them with Attack 3, but with four figures, they were a very formidable force in their own right, like a fast squad of MacDirks with a permanent +1 Attack. They didn't even need to Cling - you could just field three or four squads of these guys and kick butt.
And don't forget, even as is, if you send four of these guys at Move 7 out against a squad of anything with Defense 3 or less, they aren't a bad swarm unit, though in that role, the Blade Gruts are probably better, in spite of being a bit slower than the Gnids (especially with Orc Champion Bonding). And that is as it should be! The Gnids' role is to hamper heroes, but to still have some ability to send a few out to engage enemy squad figures as a screen or even as a minor offensive while one or two of them try to get Cling to work against Nilfheim or Eltahale.

Old September 13th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

This design looks like a lot of fun guys. Nice work team.
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Nothing to add to the responses to Sir Dendrik except that (a) I agree with the others who have responded but (b) input like this is more than welcome, it's encouraged.

Nobody should feel shy about asking questions.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If your worried about not having the attack power to pull off a cling, you can always look at the attack boosting units. Khosumet, for example has lots of options now with all of the Relentless love. Just pair the Gnids with him and your throwing 3 dice. Adjacency shouldn't be much of an issue either, mainly because of access to bonding the Wolves of Badru and the Death Knights as well as his already good 6 movement(plus he doesn't need Scale). I guess you can always toss in Raelin if your concerned about Khosumet staying in one piece, but he's a cheerleader anyways so he can try to draw some fire from your enemies so your Gnids can advance on their position.

These guys look like they'll be awesome versus range, they can raelly close the distance(plus the typical ranged figure has less defense than it's melee counterpart).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs