Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 12th, 2022, 11:54 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I wonder if the main thing holding the campaign back is the constant stream of negative commentary. How is a new potential purchaser supposed to feel inspired to spend the money when most of what they read are complaints from gatekeepers?

That's like blaming the children for the parents being meth addicts.
My kids drive me to drink occasionally...just sayin'...

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 12th, 2022 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Apples are sometimes just apples...they don't even speak to oranges.
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:56 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
I wonder if the main thing holding the campaign back is the constant stream of negative commentary. How is a new potential purchaser supposed to feel inspired to spend the money when most of what they read are complaints from gatekeepers?

No not at all. I’m not blaming anybody for Hasbro’s wonky launch, I’m blaming people for their attitude about it, and their obsessive griping.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:59 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As Rÿchean said, angry fans are definitely a deterrent, but I struggle to believe it's the "main thing" holding this campaign back.

Again, for the lurkers, Heroscape is my favorite board game of all time, and we're rabidly discussing this because we want Heroscape to return.

Maybe I'll just put this in my signature!
Old October 12th, 2022, 12:00 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No not at all. I’m not blaming anybody for Hasbro’s wonky launch, I’m blaming people for their attitude about it, and their obsessive griping.
I understand the gripes...I've even griped myself but know it hasn't done any good since it was a business decision. But AH hasn't changed the campaign page yet...from what I've seen...and aren't really likely too; so the griping seems to be falling on deaf ears. Someone said Hasbro's like a sinking battleship (or something like that) but we can only hope 'scape keeps afloat.

Positives;
I think the fact they asked the community to have a say in the new cards was awesome.
Their are community members helping flesh out the new units.
The package is certainly worth $250.
A promise of new 'scape and terrain sets have been made assuming the campaign succeeds.
Heroscape may be coming back...

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 12th, 2022 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Stay positive...the paint point's still there but stay positive...It's a good thought at least.
Old October 12th, 2022, 12:01 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's what forums are for. If they had showed a "good product" we would all be gushing instead of griping. Its been like that for 20 years. Hasbro knows it too. They could have avoided negativity by doing some market research beforehand.

Everyone here thinks they could have handled the campaign better. None of them are wrong, because it would be hard to have handled it much worse. Its like handing in a book report when you're halfway through your second draft.
Old October 12th, 2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's what forums are for. If they had showed a "good" product we would all be gushing instead of griping. Its been like that for 20 years. Hasbro knows it too. They could have avoided negativity by doing some market research beforehand.

Everyone here thinks they could have handled the campaign better. None of them are wrong, because it would be hard to have handled it much worse. Its like handing in a book report when you're halfway through your second draft.
Been there, done that!

Last edited by AMIS; October 12th, 2022 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Got a B anyway!
Old October 12th, 2022, 12:04 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's what forums are for. If they had showed a "good" product we would all be gushing instead of griping. Its been like that for 20 years. Hasbro knows it too. They could have avoided negativity by doing some market research beforehand.

Been there, done that!
I bet you didn't get 8,000 backers though.
Old October 12th, 2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Been there, done that!
I bet you didn't get 8,000 backers though.
Just 1 old and grumpy teacher!

Last edited by AMIS; October 12th, 2022 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Who told me I could do anything I put my mind to. And then said the same thing individually to the rest of the class.
Old October 12th, 2022, 12:20 PM

FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Are potential new purchasers really reading this thread or the Discord servers, though? The remaining 5,000+ backers are likely elsewhere IMO. They're on BoardGameGeek or stumbling upon the campaign through social media or news articles.
I don’t know about you, but if I’m going to spend $250+ on a game, you bet I’m going to do a few Google searches and see what people are saying. I’m certain newbies are seeing these discussions which are perpetuated primarily be disgruntled old school fans.

You know what they say. “Fans ruin everything”
It’s funny how people equate criticism with negativity; but here we are.

Are you saying we should be stifled and shouldn’t express our concerns to improve a large purchase in fear we’ll be at fault for the campaign failing? That we are the reason someone may not find this worth their time and money? The responsibility isn’t on us to sell it or even risk our money for a product a large corporation wants to profit from. If their multimillion dollar advertisement budgets cannot overcome criticism to improve a toy/game, whelp, that’s on them. As it is, right now, many are not impressed for a variety of reasons. If Hasbro doesn’t hear the criticism, they won’t know why many are refusing to back the product. It’ll fail and they’ll only know that there are not enough supporters.
Old October 12th, 2022, 01:02 PM

FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankensteinsMonster View Post
Quote:
Gatekeepers? Besides feeling the onus on the backers with these campaigns, we now feel the responsibility of trying to improve the game by pointing out what we dislike, and being the reason new backers are not joining?

Hasbro has done little to sell this to new buyers and many veterans of the game. Sell it, right the wrongs, provide the material that people are waiting for before dropping car payments on an unnecessary item.

I just find it funny that those speaking up about what they dislike are the negative ones that are responsible for holding people back when Hasbro rushed a campaign and their flaws are showing; drastically…but we, we are the problem?
i posed a question. You don’t have to agree. But I’m wondering what’s being accomplished by page after page of complaints about basically everything. Does that appear like a community that is fun to be part of?
It isn’t the question per se, it’s the disparaging use of the word “gatekeeper” that you threw in the end. We’re not gatekeeping (unless you’re implying that not forking over $250 on something we see as not of value (yet?) as gatekeeping). I can say many positives about the game as it was; now, I don’t know, Hasbro has been the gatekeepers here.

It’s been how many weeks since anyone has seen gameplay or game mechanics for this iteration of the game? We haven’t seen anything and may not for weeks to come.

All other crowdfunding projects I’ve participated in had game play videos, current rules and even other reviewers/peoples videos on day one of the campaign.

As for the mere question, I see it as being critical of criticism.
Old October 12th, 2022, 01:10 PM

DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you don't like it, don't read it.

We're under no obligation to shill for Hasbro and be subjected to tone policing. I don't have positive feelings about the direction this campaign is taking, so my posts are going to reflect that until they change direction. And make no mistake, if they don't change course, and soon, this campaign is going to fail. That will be 100% on Hasbro, not the community.

This community has gone above and beyond the call to action on this campaign. We've got people buying multiple copies they don't even need, offering to buy for overseas sellers, setting up "meme campaigns" to provide free viral advertising, people using PayPal financing just to stretch out their finances to afford this, and even a store offering $25 store credit just for backing. I find the insinuation that this is somehow our fault to be beyond ridiculous.
Old October 12th, 2022, 01:22 PM

So being positive about something is shilling and consistently criticizing the same points is not negative...

Okay got it!

Last edited by AMIS; October 12th, 2022 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Trying not to be overtly shilly or negative.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion