Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 19th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Terrain Influenced Special Abilities - Definitive List

The new swamp water got me to thinking about this one. Corrections and additions are, as always, valued. Updated 6/16/08 through Waves 8 and 8.5.

Terrain Influenced Special Abilities

DUMUTEF GUARD – Road Strength
Add 1 to Dumutef Guard’s attack and defense while on a road space.

MARRO DRUDGE – Swamp Water Strength
When a Marro Drudge is on a swamp water space, add 1 to its attack and defense.

MARRO DRUDGE - Swamp Water Tunnel - If a Marro Drudge ends its normal movement in a swamp water space, you may immediately place it on any empty same-level swamp water space within 5 spaces. If a Marro Drudge is engaged when it starts to tunnel, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

MARRO WARRIORS – Water Clone
Instead of attacking with all of the Marro Warriors, one at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each Marro Warrior in play. If you roll a 15 or higher, place a previously destroyed Marro Warrior on a same-level space adjacent to that Marro Warrior. Any Marro Warrior on a water space needs a 10 or higher to Water Clone. You may only Water Clone after you move.

NERAK THE GLACIAN SWOG RIDER – Snow Strength
– Add 1 to Nerak’s attack and defense while on a snow space.

OBSIDIAN GUARDS – Lava Resistant
Obsidian Guards never roll for molten lava damage or lava field damage and they do not have to stop on molten lava spaces.

OBSIDIAN GUARDS – Lava Throw
When an Obsidian Guard is on a molten lava space it may add 2 to its range.

OBSIDIAN GUARDS – Water Weakness
An Obsidian Guard on a water space rolls 2 fewer defense dice.

BRUNAK – Lava Resistant
Brunak never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and he does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

DZU-TEH – Glacier Traverse
If a Dzu-Teh is adjacent to a Glacier Mountain, the Dzu-Teh may Glacier Traverse instead of moving normally. You may do this with any or all Dzu-Teh you control each turn. To Glacier Traverse, move to any unoccupied space adjacent to that Glacier Mountain.

DZU-TEH – Glacier Camouflage
If a Dzu-Teh is adjacent to a Glacier Mountain, opponents’ figures must be adjacent to that Dzu-Teh to attack it with a normal attack.

DZU-TEH – Snow and Ice Enhanced Movement
Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving.

VENOC VIPERS – Slither
Venoc Vipers do not have to stop their movement when entering water spaces.

ARMOC VIPERS – Slither
Armoc Vipers do not have to stop their movement when entering water spaces.

ELITE ONYX VIPERS – Slither
Elite Onyx Vipers do not have to stop their movement when entering water spaces.

VENOC WARLORD – Slither
Venoc Warlord does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces.

MICROCORP AGENTS – Water Suits
Microcorp Agents do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space. Add 2 to a Microcorp Agent’s defense while he is on a water space.

WO-SA-GA - Slither -
Wo-Sa-Ga does not have to stop her movement when entering water spaces.

note: when flying, figures do not have to stop when entering a water space

Last edited by Revdyer; June 16th, 2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old September 19th, 2007, 04:34 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
I'm not sure you want to list every figure, but Flying and Stealth Flying ignore stopping on water spaces.

Then there is the can of worms related to terrain shape as opposed to terrain type. Powers like Grapple, Stealth Leap, Sighting, etc...

And there is no "w" is Marro.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old September 19th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Maybe we can split this list:

Specific Terrain Influenced Ability List (any bonuses/detriments or abilities gained by a specific terrain)

and

Special Movement List (special types of movement besides normal groundpoundage)

Newb.
Old September 19th, 2007, 04:47 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
As to flying, I don't see that different types of terrain influence it at all.

I do see the point of splitting the list between movements and other bonuses, but doing that creates another category for a future list as well, which would list the terrain detriments too. I thought about dropping out the movements, but Hasbro already combined movement and ability in the Water Suits, so I used that as my precedent.
Old September 19th, 2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASmiles
I'm not sure you want to list every figure, but Flying and Stealth Flying ignore stopping on water spaces.

Then there is the can of worms related to terrain shape as opposed to terrain type. Powers like Grapple, Stealth Leap, Sighting, etc...

And there is no "w" is Marro.
I added a note about the flying. I do not know why my fingers always add that "w"...thanks for reminding me.

The some of those other things are special movements, I think, and a different list, yet to be created.
Old September 19th, 2007, 04:53 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Slither: Venoc Vipers do not have to stop their movement when entering water spaces.

Flying: When counting spaces for Raelin's movement, ignore elevations. Raelin may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Raelin starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Maybe I'm being too literal, but the bolded parts seem to be saying just about the same thing. Just one is in the water and the other is over it.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old September 19th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Brilliant Rev.

This is a great addition. It will be one that we use when we sit down to create our scenarios. There are good considerations here for map design and army design.

Thanks amigo...
...Matt
Old September 19th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Slither: Venoc Vipers do not have to stop their movement when entering water spaces.

Flying: When counting spaces for Raelin's movement, ignore elevations. Raelin may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Raelin starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Maybe I'm being too literal, but the bolded parts seem to be saying just about the same thing. Just one is in the water and the other is over it.
Slither is specific to water, flying is well flying it ignores all kinds of things...I agree with Rev on this one.
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:

No, silly. The question is simply, "Do you really want to obliterate this list by listing every flying figure?" I don't.
Old September 19th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Don't forget about "Swamp Water Tunnel" for Marro Drudge.
Old September 20th, 2007, 07:55 AM

Thanks, Gary...I don't know how that one slipped by me. Adding it now.
Old September 20th, 2007, 12:01 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Hey rev, I have an organizing suggestion. Why not list the terrain type, then list what units have effects involving it? That way, if someone is going to be playing on a map with terrain type "X", they can just skip right to that part of the list.

TERRAIN TYPE

unit name - special name - what it does

TERRAIN TYPE 2

unit name -special name - what it does
etc.....

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's