Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old June 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
George Tiller's Murder

So I don't know how many of you have been following the Tiller scandal in Kansas. Long story short, Tiller was accused of performing super late-term abortions (he is one of the few clinics in the US that still did late-term at all). He was given enough time to dispose of evidence and then brought to trial and acquitted. Not much happened after that until yesterday when he was shot and killed in the foyer of a church that he was ushering at. This blew me away. I didn't like the guy at all, but a cold-blooded murder in the middle of a church?

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old June 1st, 2009, 03:03 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: George Tiller's Murder

It's certainly a mess.

~Aldin, reminding everyone to play nice

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 1st, 2009, 03:25 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just goes to show that we don't have to go to other countries to find fanatics that are willing to kill to incite fear into people. Nothing new, sad to say.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 1st, 2009, 04:44 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

People have long thought that the way to stop other people from killing is to kill them. It is, indeed, most sad.

W. B. Yeats' poem might be appropriate at this point:

The Great Day

Hurrah for revolution and more cannon-shot!
A beggar on horseback lashes a beggar on foot.
Hurrah for revolution and cannon come again!
The beggars have changed places, but the lash goes on.
Old June 1st, 2009, 05:31 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
So I don't know how many of you have been following the Tiller scandal in Kansas. Long story short, Tiller was accused of performing super late-term abortions (he is one of the few clinics in the US that still did late-term at all). He was given enough time to dispose of evidence and then brought to trial and acquitted. Not much happened after that until yesterday when he was shot and killed in the foyer of a church that he was ushering at. This blew me away. I didn't like the guy at all, but a cold-blooded murder in the middle of a church?
The way of the coward. Always was, always will be.

The law of the land states that abortions are legal. To brutally kill a man who chooses to do those procedures won't change anything. I hope the sicko who did it rots in prison for life.
Old June 1st, 2009, 05:46 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
The way of the coward. Always was, always will be.

The law of the land states that abortions are legal. To brutally kill a man who chooses to do those procedures won't change anything. I hope the sicko who did it rots in prison for life.
While you are spot-on on the first point, I would disagree on the second point. Abortion was made legal by, IMHO (AND that is a key word - "Opinion"), a very bad supreme court decision that superceeded Constitutional boundries. It created a whole new "right" out of whole clothe that is not found in the Constitution.

My personal views of Abortion aside I think that Roe v Wade was very bad case law built upon a weak foundation.

That being said I do not believe that the solution to stopping an abortionist is to commit murder. Two wrongs do not a right make.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old June 1st, 2009, 06:30 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

But you contradict yourself. It is the law of the land, regardless of whether you like that law or not. Your personal views are not binding or legal so his second point is entirely valid.

You can pretend that law of the land is just the constitution, but it is not. The law of the land is very clear - they are legal. So both points are completely valid.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 1st, 2009, 06:35 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Two United States Army recruiters were killed here in Little Rock today. The news says they were killed "for political and religious reasons."

Sad, but, unfortunately, not rare, I guess.
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:32 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

For some reason, my first thought was that it wouldn't surprise me at all if the murder had somehow stemmed from Fred Phelps and his church of the mis-informed. Like I said, I didn't like the man at all, but we're not the ones to judge; God is. It probably didn't help that they closed down his clinic. That, to me, sends the message that murder can be a solution rather than a temporary patch.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:01 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
But you contradict yourself. It is the law of the land, regardless of whether you like that law or not. Your personal views are not binding or legal so his second point is entirely valid.

You can pretend that law of the land is just the constitution, but it is not. The law of the land is very clear - they are legal. So both points are completely valid.
Exactly.
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:04 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post

Yes. Abortion is legal. That is not the point I was arguing. I was making the point that any legal position that has a foundation on CASE LAW (or Legal Precedent) is not really law. The United States Supreme Court could overturn Roe v Wade tomorrow and then where would you be?

They could just as easily overturn Heller v DC, but I would argue that that case was decided upon much stronger Constitutional grounds than Roe v Wade. Keep in mind the only thing that has made Abortion legal on the federal level was a majority opinion of nine men sitting in a building in the center of Washington, DC. Nine other men can just as easily say it isn't so.

Buddy Lee

Edit: I'm am sorry to hear about the deaths of the two reecruiters. As my brother was an Army Recruiter for four years this hits a little close to home. It is a shame that anyone feels they must react with violence to resolve a political dispute. May God comfort and bless ALL families involved in these tragedies.

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker

Last edited by Buddy Lee; June 1st, 2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
For some reason, my first thought was that it wouldn't surprise me at all if the murder had somehow stemmed from Fred Phelps and his church of the mis-informed. Like I said, I didn't like the man at all, but we're not the ones to judge; God is. It probably didn't help that they closed down his clinic. That, to me, sends the message that murder can be a solution rather than a temporary patch.
While that may be true for that one particular clinic, women can go somewhere else. So it really isn't any kind of solution at all. All it did was rob a family of a loved one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General