Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 7th, 2010, 08:35 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Warzones of Valhalla Discussion Thread

Warzones Of Valhalla
In this project, our goal is to choose, produce, review, and approve the best competitive multiplayer maps. Maps will be judged by fairness, fun playability, and how balanced it is when fighting ranged vs melee. To view our approved maps, click here. Our judge panel consists of:

-Dredd Stev (DS)
-Infrared Fog (IFF)
-LordEsenweinIV (LEIV)
-odbo255 (O255)
-PersonWhoLives (PWL)
-Scapemage921 (SM921)
-Yamissflash (YF)

Or in short, our roster is: DS, IFF, LEIV, O255, PWL, SM921, YF

Past Judges:
-Dfonse
-LordEseneinIV (Has rejoined)
-Fedex Worker
-GeneralRolando
-Dualahorn
-AgentDex
-Quozl

Administrative notes:
Spoiler Alert!

Honorable Mentions (Maps that didn't make it all the way through)
Contamination by Warlord Alpha
Skirmish by flameslayer93
Tr3s by Ch1can0
Canyon Flares by scapemage921
ReqMan The Maze - 3 Player
Dignan's Molten Fortress
GromBloodboy's Axegrinder's Forge
Canyon by Ch1can0
Rampart by Ch1can0
Wellspring of Asclepius by Soul Shackle
Mogdell's Bridge by Sherman Davies
Fulcrum Fusion*by*Piherculis.
Tombspawn's Trench*by Warlord Alpha
R˙chean's*Rock Creek Way
Watchtower of Elsyn Hill*by Lamaclown
Pine Springs*by Nyys
Inferno by Fen Hydra
Battle for Irefare Hill by Smoweeks and Lamaclown
Trinity Road by Lamaclown
Quicksilver Fane by Typhon2222
TRIP by Draconius
Crossfire Marsh by Soul Shackle
Kampfzone by Dignan
Overrun by Warlord Alpha REVIEWED
Remnants of Crumland by Soul Shackle REVIEWED

Maps Pending Review:
-

Maps Being Reviewed:
Venus by Quozl
COMPLETED REVIEWS: NONE
PENDING REVIEWS: 4 (SM921, O255, IFF, DS, YF, LEIV)

Margins of Error by Typhon2222
COMPLETED REVIEWS: O255 SM921
PENDING REVIEWS: 2 (LEIV, DS, QZ, YF, IFF)
ALTERNATE REVIEW (UNOFFICIAL GLYPH PLACEMENT): PWL

Seeking Solitude by Soul Shackle
COMPLETED REVIEWS: O255 DS
PENDING REVIEWS: 2 (SM921, LEIV, QZ, YF, IFF, PWL)

Legendary Snap bySoul Shackle
COMPLETED REVIEWS: O255
PENDING REVIEWS: 1 (SM921, QZ, YF, DS, LEIV, IFF)
ALTERNATE REVIEWS (UNOFFICIAL GLYPH PLACEMENT): InfraredFog PWL

Merchant's Ruin by GroomBloodBoy
COMPLETED REPORTS: O255 DS
PENDING REPORTS: 3 (QZ, SM921, YF, LEIV, IFF, PWL)
Requires 2 RoTV and 2 RttFF, 2 on 2 matches

Sealocked by Nyys
COMPLETED REPORTS: DS, FW, SM921
PENDING REVIEWS: 1 (LEIV, O255, YF, QZ, IFF, PWL)
SUPPLEMENT REVIEW (Played as a FFA map instead of a Team map): O255
Requires 3 RoTV, 2 RttFF, team 2 on 2, 15 hex starting zones per player

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Last edited by Scapemage; August 27th, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:50 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Warzones of Valhalla Discussion Thread

Requirements and Process
Our Process:

Anyone can propose a map for review. The judges will then vote on whether or not to review the map. If a map is nominated by a judge, their endorsement is assumed but not counted.

If a map is to be reviewed, judges will play on the map and write reports. After at least 4 reports are completed, the judges will vote on whether or not to induct the map into the Warzones of Valhalla.

If a map passes, the map will be inducted into the Warzones of Valhalla, and will go into the display thread.

At any time in the process:
3 "No" votes will prevent a map from being reviewed, and 4 "No" votes will prevent a map from being inducted.
4 "Yes" votes will proceed a map to the review phase, and 5 "Yes" votes will proceed a map into the Warzones of Valhalla Display Thread.

Requirements:
If you wish to propose a map for the Warzones of Valhalla, it must follow these requirements:

-The map must be either 3 player, 4 player, or team (2 teams of 2 players).

-The map's requirements must not exceed 2 ROTV + 4 expansions
  • 1 SOTM may replace 1 ROTV
  • 2 BFTU may only replace 1 ROTV
  • 1 FOTA counts as 2 expansions
  • 1 ROTV or 1 SOTM or 1 BFTU may be used as 2 expansions
  • MARVEL follows the same rules as BFTU
  • There may be no more than 3 master sets on any map
-The map's start zones must be 24 hexes per person (unless it's a team map, in that case the start zones can be anywhere from 12-24 hexes per person, not per team).

-If the map includes any Treasure glyphs, you must state what the Treasure glyph trap is (standard die roll, or something else).

-The maps should be built for these point costs:
  • 3 way FFA: 400-600 per player
  • 4 way FFA: 350-600 per player
  • 2v2: 250-500 per player
-When submitting a map, please try to note which areas of gameplay the map excels at.

Last edited by Scapemage; February 19th, 2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old July 7th, 2010, 10:48 AM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd like to nominate Warlord Alpha's "Contamination" and his "Overrun" when we get enough judges

Old July 7th, 2010, 11:04 AM

Hold on! We need to wait for at least 4 judges (this includes ourselves). I was going to nominate my own Canyon Flares, Ch1can0's Tr3s, and Darkmage7a's Cross Trails anyways. Let's do one map at a time, Starting with Contamination. If you wouldn't mind posting a download link and requirements for Contamination, I'd be happy to start with that. We'll hold off on Overrun until later.

EDIT: I've added maps pending review and maps being reviewed to the first post. Active means we're currently voting on it, and pending means we aren't voting on it yet.

Old July 7th, 2010, 11:09 AM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV View Post
I'd like to nominate Warlord Alpha's "Contamination" and his "Overrun" when we get enough judges
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Hold on! We need to wait for at least 4 judges (this includes ourselves). I was going to nominate my own Canyon Flares, Ch1can0's Tr3s, and Darkmage7a's Cross Trails anyways. Let's do one map at a time, Starting with Contamination. If you wouldn't mind posting a download link and requirements for Contamination, I'd be happy to start with that. We'll hold off on Overrun until later.
I know. I just couldn't resist.

Old July 7th, 2010, 01:27 PM

Re: Warzones of Valhalla Discussion Thread JUDGES WANTED!

Just 1 more judge 'till we're good to go! I'd say 10 judges at maximum, but we'll start reviewing at 4.

Old July 7th, 2010, 01:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Funny, I was just planning on making my first-ever multiplayer map; if it comes out the way I want it I'll post it here.

I'm not sure we really need a BoV-style judging process for multiplayer maps. But if we do, it would be good to have some of the more experienced multiplayer map makers involved in the judging process. It's not the protocol for nominations and judging that makes the BoV so highly-regarded. It's the experience and reputation of the judges themselves.
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:36 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

I think might work out real well though I think we need just a few changes.

As for judging: Like regular BoV each map may only get up to 1 no vote and still pass in each process. I don't think we need to be that strict as we are less experienced in the BoV life and these maps are unlikely to be used in many tournaments. So if there are going to be only 4 judges then I think you should only need 50% of the judges to say yes. If we are going to have 6 judges maybe we should put it up to at least 4 yes votes.

Also for judging: (to the judges) We must obviously be completely fair judging each map. Maps will be judged by fairness, fun playability, and how balanced it is when fighting ranged vs melee. I would suggest taking notes on things that are good/bad about each map and evaluate carefully if each map deserves to be called the best of best multi-maps.

Set Limits: 3 master sets are a bit much. If someone were to use 3 ROTV we would have HUGE maps. I think it should look more like this.

Max 2 ROTV + 4 expansions
1 SOTM may replace 1 ROTV
2 BFTU may replace 1 ROTV
1 CASTLE counts as 2 expansions
1 ROTV or 1 SOTM or 1 BFTU may be used as 2 expansions

This is based sort of on the original BoV limits but we might see changes as we begin to play on some of the maps.

For Judgment Results: Like I said before a map should need either 2 or 4 yes votes to be inducted into WoV. This way there are no ties and no need for a role of a die or something.

Page formatting: Look at the BoV thread to see what I think the first page should look like when listing the maps in review and stuff.

All this I think will improve on the effectiveness of the program.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:38 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Just 1 more judge 'till we're good to go! I'd say 10 judges at maximum, but we'll start reviewing at 4.
10 is a ton dude. stop at 6 like BoV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Funny, I was just planning on making my first-ever multiplayer map; if it comes out the way I want it I'll post it here.

I'm not sure we really need a BoV-style judging process for multiplayer maps. But if we do, it would be good to have some of the more experienced multiplayer map makers involved in the judging process. It's not the protocol for nominations and judging that makes the BoV so highly-regarded. It's the experience and reputation of the judges themselves.
I do agree but I don't honestly know who is. For the moment I think we can start here with our silly little inexperienced selves and if other people come along that ARE good multi-map makers and if they want to be judges we could have a change of staff.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
Quote:
10 is a ton dude. stop at 6 like BoV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

I do agree but I don't honestly know who is. For the moment I think we can start here with our silly little inexperienced selves and if other people come along that ARE good multi-map makers and if they want to be judges we could have a change of staff.
I am making changes regarding your other post. Thanks.

About this, I think that as we go along, we will become more experienced with multiplayer maps ourselves. Don't doubt us, noone starts out experienced.

EDIT: I don't want to copy BoV, I think the formatting is fine. I'll getl inks and further detail once we get started.

Last edited by Scapemage; July 7th, 2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is a very cool idea. I almost always make maps for 2v2 or 1v1v1 in mind, so this appeals to me even more so! I'd love to be involved in this project ScapeMage, PM sent!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old July 7th, 2010, 02:00 PM

Dredd Stev is on the panel! Let's get started. I'll find a link to Contamination aswell as the other maps.

Judges, you may post first thoughts and a vote whether or not to review Contamination.

Of course there is still 2 judge spots left if anyone wants one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios