Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which Zombie ability would you like to see?
Horde Movement (Similar to Marro Drones) 6 4.80%
Hit Zones only on the head 18 14.40%
Bonding with Seduma (or Undead Queens) 15 12.00%
Horde Attack Bonus (Add 1 attack die for every zombie that is adjacent to the defending figure) 12 9.60%
Zombify (when a zombie destroys a human figure, you may place a previously destroyed zombie in its place) 74 59.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 1st, 2006, 11:42 AM

Naiko has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
any guesses on points per zombie?
anyone remember how many of them will be in a squad?
IIRC, 2 squads of zombies will come in the same blister.

my guess is 3 zombies for 40 points.
I'm pretty sure there are 4 per squad.

As for abilities, I'd like anything but the marro movement, since it's already been done.
Old September 1st, 2006, 11:55 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like the head shot target zone and the zombify ability. I think they would be both pretty cool, and the extra zombies in the pack may be for replacing figures that you munch on. I also think that they will be pretty slow.

Although instead of making them speed 4 or something, it would be cool to give them the same movement as in the meat grinder scenario.
Old September 1st, 2006, 12:07 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
any guesses on points per zombie?
anyone remember how many of them will be in a squad?
IIRC, 2 squads of zombies will come in the same blister.

my guess is 3 zombies for 40 points.
I'm pretty sure there are 4 per squad.
The word from Craig at GenCon is that there are 3 zombies per squad and two squads will be packaged together.

I voted for Bonding with Sudema but I don't think that will happen. Movement bonding, maybe.

I can see them having an attack of 1 plus 1 for each zombie adjacent to the target figure.
Old September 1st, 2006, 12:10 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
As nifty as the head target zone sounds, there are already enough LOS arguments in the game for my taste.
Old September 1st, 2006, 12:23 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
All great abilities...what if the zombies are the first army card with 5 abilities
Old September 1st, 2006, 12:41 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmodaily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
I wanna request a special power called "Eat Brains", cause as we all know, that's really what Zombies want.
From Buffy (or was it Angel?):
"Zombies do not in fact eat brains unless specifically ordered to do so."
That's not a bad idea. What about:
Eat Brains-Zombies may add 2 extra attack dice when atticking figures that are not Soulbourg.

...Or something like that.

BTW, that definitely sounds like a Buffy/Angel quote. Though I can't remember which.
I'm not sure. I've never seen either Angel or Buffy!! I did however vote for Zombify. That would be a wicked skill to have.
Old September 1st, 2006, 12:55 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced

Although instead of making them speed 4 or something, it would be cool to give them the same movement as in the meat grinder scenario.

Yeah, you're an undead fan too.
Old September 1st, 2006, 01:09 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
I think the zombies should eat brains...how that translates into a special ability/attack....i dunno...
Old September 1st, 2006, 01:42 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
I got your 'zombies eat brains' themed ability: Sentient Feast--When an adjacent figure other than a Soulborg, all zombies add +1 (or whatever) attack die. Or maybe gets to roll the d20 to add another figure if an enemy figure was destroyed?

Though I am more excited about the ghosts/banshees. I'm hoping they have either a move and attack through obstacles/figures ability or a moaning/howling/screaming special attack.....

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old September 1st, 2006, 02:11 PM

DemoDougie has disabled reputation
Zombify would rock the hizzy fa shizzy, yo!

Dragon's Dungeon Games...Where everyday is gameday!
Old September 1st, 2006, 02:24 PM

TopHatCat64 has disabled reputation
Yea the ghosts pretty much have to have some "improved" version of ghost walk. A logical upgrade would be the ability to pass through terrain and trees as well as figures. I don't think they should be able to be cyberclawed as well.

They certainly seem like they should fly

And their third ability would likely be some sort of offensive Fear/Haunting power. Perhaps instead of attacking they could "scare" enemy figures into moving in the opposite direction.

Or possibly a defensive Phasing-type power where ranged attacks have a chance to pass through them.

Anyways, just my
Old September 1st, 2006, 02:32 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHatCat64

And their third ability would likely be some sort of offensive Fear/Haunting power. Perhaps instead of attacking they could "scare" enemy figures into moving in the opposite direction.
Except for Soulborgs who know no fear....

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units