Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old May 15th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: I'm gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I'm not sure you can compare homosexuality to obesity. Obesity is a health condition that carries a negative cost on your health. As far as i am aware, there is no negative health as a result of being a homosexual.
The comparisons that are getting made here are not supposed to be direct. The point is that there is essentially no trait that you can plug into MoD's comment in place of homosexuality and make it a post that deserves anything other immediate deletion and some sort of warning.

I realise that the admins see this differently, and frankly that makes me a little less proud to be a member of the community, but MoD's post is (or at least should be) unacceptable in reasonable society.
The bottom line is that in this world we (none of us) have the right to NOT be offended. We admins cant be in charge of who gets offended and who doesnt in threads such as these. I also cannot control your pride meter nor do I really care what shifts it makes either up or down. That's your choice.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 15th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I agree with GB. Any time you post something personal on a message board, somebody might say something rude or hurtful, which is what happened here.

It's a message board. You need a thick skin, particularly if you're going to post something personal about a sensitive subject.

I don't understand the disapproval for homosexuality & for homosexuals, but I've been around the block long enough to know there's some on this board, and I'm not surprised at the turn this thread has taken.

Sujoah got, I think, what he was looking for, which was a response from our community. He appears to have been ready to receive something other than complete adoration, which is good, because that's what he got. Again, no surprise.

This is a message board, not the Hangout or a support group, and mean people can have accounts too. Sujoah seems to have a good grip on what's going on, and if he wants to talk to someone I'd encourage him to PM Taeblewalker, who kindly offered his expertise.

Moving on...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:11 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

GE, I think you may be missing one huge point:

If MoD's comment was about black people, or Jews, obese people, or any other minority (or majority) group, it would have been removed. However, it was not removed when about homosexuality. And yes, I do have a problem with that. I do believe that homosexuality should be mentioned in the ToS (along with bisexuality and transgender people). I haven't said anything because I've been at work since 6:30 this morning, and just got off a bit ago.

And thank you to those of you who have said that it's not a choice. When I first realized that I was gay, I really didn't want to be. Eventually, I got to the point where I knew there was nothing I could do about it, so I just accepted it as part of who I am. And if you do think it's a choice, then try dating a guy. It's not going to work. No matter how close you are to him (he could have been your best friend since before you could even walk), you can't love him. Because you are attracted to females, not males. (Obviously this is directed at straight males, but it would work for females to, just make the person you're dating female.)
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And, you are missing the point. This is not about race, religion or health, this is a sexual preference. It would be like coming out as someone with a foot fetish. It is what it is. I don't get it, but to each his own. I would still question why it was brought up in public. It goes back to what I stated before, bringing out your sexual desires in a public forum is very different than discussing race or religion.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:21 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So that makes it okay to openly discriminate against him, when it wouldn't be in those other cases?
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
So that makes it okay to openly discriminate against him, when it wouldn't be in those other cases?
Nobody has been discriminated against. MoD shared an opinion openly about Sujoah's announcement. If Sujoah is entitled to make announcements MoD is entitled to an open and honest opinion about said announcement. It's when we hide from opinions that we create closets.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

As with any sexual preference, some will find it strange or even repulsive. If you plan to bring it out in public, expect this reaction as it will be the norm.

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:37 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

But if he had reacted that way to any of those other traits, wouldn't his post have been hidden?

I'm not saying it should be either way, I'm just trying to understand the situation here.
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
But if he had reacted that way to any of those other traits, wouldn't his post have been hidden?

I'm not saying it should be either way, I'm just trying to understand the situation here.
My instincts tell me that Sujoah picked this time in his life to proclaim openly his sexuality, because he feels that he is strong enough emotionally to read honest disapproval. It is my belief that his thread exists for this very purpose. He is being honest with the world and asks for honesty in return knowing all the while that he may not like what he reads in these responses.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Quote:
This is not a race, religion or health issue. This is a sexual preference, period. When discussing sexual preferences there will be very strong opinions, because you either get the preference or you don't. I don't get foot fetishes (absolutely disgusting to me), nor pain, but there are those that that desire this and only this.

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:

My instincts tell me that Sujoah picked this time in his life to proclaim openly his sexuality, because he feels that he is strong enough emotionally to read honest disapproval. It is my belief that his thread exists for this very purpose. He is being honest with the world and asks for honesty in return knowing all the while that he may not like what he reads in these responses.
I see your point. Thank you for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi View Post
This is not a race, religion or health issue. This is a sexual preference, period. When discussing sexual preferences there will be very strong opinions, because you either get the preference or you don't. I don't get foot fetishes (absolutely disgusting to me), nor pain, but there are those that that desire this and only this.
I'm not sure I understand this argument. Some people have strong opinions concerning race, religion, and health, also. Those opinions are in a minority, but they are there. I still don't understand how it is any more or less acceptable to speak out against someone's sexual orientation that it is to do so about someone's religion or race.
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Q9 Sux!

Sorry to rain on your parade here, but if i was you i would be ashamed of what i was.

One of the things that makes my blood curdle the most is playing Q9. Personally, i would rather have been ignorant to the fact that your a Q9 player. Sorry for my rudeness, but i am being ruthlessly honest with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General