Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 26th, 2010, 09:12 AM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fen Hydra Pre-Release Discussion

My bonding-galore idea

2x Hydras- 240
Ornak- 340
2x Blade Gruts+Nerak+Fillers 500
or 4x Blade Gruts, 500

I really like this idea. You move both your Hydras with Ornak, then move the blade gruts to get Ornak further up the battle field. Nerak just stays behind your orc pod, and once the Hyrdas are killed, you still have a pretty good army left with Ornak's orc battle cry and Nerak's defence boosting.
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:26 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
My bonding-galore idea

2x Hydras- 240
Ornak- 340
2x Blade Gruts+Nerak+Fillers 500
or 4x Blade Gruts, 500

I really like this idea. You move both your Hydras with Ornak, then move the blade gruts to get Ornak further up the battle field. Nerak just stays behind your orc pod, and once the Hyrdas are killed, you still have a pretty good army left with Ornak's orc battle cry and Nerak's defence boosting.
I like adding Marcu+Isamu here, as it gives Ornak 2 more good targets to activate, and you get the extra bonus of avoiding Eternal Hatred when you activate Marcu.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 26th, 2010, 04:12 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I don't really any squads with Ornak, feel hes a lacking hero in the end. And you dont want him actually fighting. You want your #1 and #2 best heroes going first. Thats the real advantage, because having to move ornak is a big pain.

So Ornak works best with heroes that have great mobility and firepower.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 26th, 2010, 05:05 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I don't really any squads with Ornak, feel hes a lacking hero in the end. And you dont want him actually fighting. You want your #1 and #2 best heroes going first. Thats the real advantage, because having to move ornak is a big pain.

Actually, an orc-centered build with Ornak and any combination of Krug, Mimring, Tornak, Grimnak, or Nerak is pretty impressive. The entire army is able to keep up and you can throw a lot of attack dice in one round.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 26th, 2010, 05:08 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Just realized how close the Reach ability is to one of the figures I made sometime ago.(Jan 2008 it appears)

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...9&postcount=40

Feels kinda cool to know my ability is close to something that the designers came up with.

Last edited by Kinseth; February 26th, 2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old February 26th, 2010, 05:15 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:

Actually, an orc-centered build with Ornak and any combination of Krug, Mimring, Tornak, Grimnak, or Nerak is pretty impressive. The entire army is able to keep up and you can throw a lot of attack dice in one round.
Yeah, Ornak is the one figure out there that really made me want to play 1000+ point games. You could do something like:

160 Arrow Gruts x4
100 Swog Rider x4
280 Heavy Gruts x4
50 Nerak
80 Raelin
100 Ornak
120 Grimak
120 Krug
150 Mimring
1160, 46 hexes

All OMs go on the Gruts, except some OM1s on Ornak. At this point level, he looks pretty sweet. Nowadays, you toss in a couple Fen Hydras for 1400 points, and maybe Kelda for 1480.

I don't play those sorts of epic battles, but if I did... that would be a really cool army.
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:37 PM

Acinonyx has disabled reputation

So how do you handle hydra vs. hydra show downs?
'Welp, you won initiative, gg!' You'd lose 1-2 heads on average from the first attack and then it would be all down hill.

I also think the hydra will actually turn out to be pretty good against Krug and other melee only big hitters. If you got some wounds on Krug from range, the hydra could polish him off effectively when he got close, or you could tie him up with a squad or two, and crush him with a reaching hydra. Two OM's on a 4 headed hydra should finish a healthy Krug on average I think. I'm not sure I'd want to wade right in with a big hitter like Jotun or Tor-Kul-Na if there was a hydra waiting in the wings.
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:41 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acinonyx View Post
So how do you handle hydra vs. hydra show downs?
'Welp, you won initiative, gg!' You'd lose 1-2 heads on average from the first attack and then it would be all down hill.

I also think the hydra will actually turn out to be pretty good against Krug and other melee only big hitters. If you got some wounds on Krug from range, the hydra could polish him off effectively when he got close, or you could tie him up with a squad or two, and crush him with a reaching hydra. Two OM's on a 4 headed hydra should finish a healthy Krug on average I think. I'm not sure I'd want to wade right in with a big hitter like Jotun or Tor-Kul-Na if there was a hydra waiting in the wings.
Krug if he had enough wounds and good enough rolls could massacre the fen hydra.
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:49 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I agree. The Hydra can get in a few wounds, but then he'll lose a few heads and it's all downhill from there. (One gets stronger while the other gets weaker.)

I think Acinonyx was suggesting you shoot Krug with something else, then have a Hydra move in and finish him off before he can retaliate. In that case I ask why not have something else shoot the Hydra first for the same effect?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:53 AM

Krug is still better, he's better as the game gets later(when games are won). He has more bonding options.

The Reach plays a part, but really only a real advantage when you have 4 heads attacking.

Hyrda has the advantage that its uncommon and you may have more than one. Too bad you have to split order markers between the two of them. That definitally brings the power of them down.

Old February 27th, 2010, 12:56 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I still prefer Krug. Rats will really slow down the Hydra. After the first attack, two other rats scatter and the Hydra is stuck. To Krug, disengagement hits are generally not a problem. To the Hydra, they are a big problem.
Old February 27th, 2010, 02:04 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Just realized how close the Reach ability is to one of the figures I made sometime ago.(Jan 2008 it appears)

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...9&postcount=40

Feels kinda cool to know my ability is close to something that the designers came up with.
keep digging, Reach has been around since like 2006 in one version or another. We had big debates on it back in the day.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units