Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old October 11th, 2006, 01:52 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Can Morsbane Kill Unique Squads?

Morsbane can target a unique figure (card does not specify squad or hero). If he is successful with his rod, does it eliminate the abilities / kill the entire unique squad of the figure that was targeted?
Old October 11th, 2006, 01:55 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
If successful, yes you negate the abilities of the entire squad.

If you roll a 20, the targeted figure is destroyed, but the not the entire squad.
Old October 11th, 2006, 02:55 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
morsbane

I'm not saying you are wrong on this one, ASmiles, but I think that could possibly be the worst ruling I have ever heard on this game, especially if it comes from the creators themselves. Think about it. PART of the special ability works on squads but not ALL. Yes, it negates them all, but it would only kill the targeted figure. Makes no sense. Someone really needs to explain this to me, because I am "the rules guy" in my group of players and I think if I tried to explain Morsbane's special power this way they would lynch me. I say, it would kill them all. Either that, or negate only one. Doesn't make sense any other way. Thoughts?
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: morsbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyhedwig
I'm not saying you are wrong on this one, ASmiles, but I think that could possibly be the worst ruling I have ever heard on this game, especially if it comes from the creators themselves. Think about it. PART of the special ability works on squads but not ALL. Yes, it negates them all, but it would only kill the targeted figure. Makes no sense. Someone really needs to explain this to me, because I am "the rules guy" in my group of players and I think if I tried to explain Morsbane's special power this way they would lynch me. I say, it would kill them all. Either that, or negate only one. Doesn't make sense any other way. Thoughts?
how can you reasonably indicate which one of a unique squad is negated? It is easy to indicate which has been destroyed.

also, if you read the card, that is exactly what it says; negate powers on the card(therfore, negating all figures in the units powers), Destroy the figure
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:03 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Yeah, there's no practical way you can represent a single Negated figure in a squad without adding some new mechanic. Those round little markers already existed, so it was easy to use familiar mechanics.

If you wanted to house rule that Negation affects single figures, I suppose you could get a bunch of brown rubber bands to put around figures' feet...
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
Yeah, there's no practical way you can represent a single Negated figure in a squad without adding some new mechanic. Those round little markers already existed, so it was easy to use familiar mechanics.

If you wanted to house rule that Negation affects single figures, I suppose you could get a bunch of brown rubber bands to put around figures' feet...
you could make it look like they are tied up, thus 'hobbled'
Old October 11th, 2006, 04:57 PM

Pattar007 has disabled reputation
Someone should submit this to Hasbro.

Old October 11th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattar007
Someone should submit this to Hasbro.
Why? I think it is quite clear.
Old October 11th, 2006, 05:58 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
It seems like they intended him to only affect heroes, but inserted figure where they should have inserted hero into the text.

From the card: "All of that figure's powers are negated for the entire game."

Figure is singular, so the token is not negating the army card, but the figure's powers only. The players must track which squad member is affected. I suppose you just put the token on the portrait of the guy that's affected. Morsbane shouldn't be wasting his time negating squad members if that's the way this thing works.
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I dunno, JR. The card seems awfully clear to me. If they'd wanted to say unique hero, they'd have said it. Targeting a Unique Squad with Morsbane simply isn't as good as targeting a Unique Hero should you happen to roll a 20, that's all.

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:15 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
My house rule is it effects Heros only not squads.

What we have argued about is wether or not a marker is lost in the case of a roll that had no effect
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
As per the card on 1-15 nothing happens. Nothing.

On 20 you get a kill, keep the markers.

Only on 16-19 do you lose/use a marker.

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's