Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old November 3rd, 2018, 12:35 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NHSD Tournament! Hagerstown, Maryland ~11/03/18

Uh, it's after midnight the night before the tournament, and we have to drive three hours in the morning. How "last minute" do you want this?

I have to admit, I'm torn between the army that's actually competitive, but [yawn] must we always see the same hands? Or the army that sticks closer to the "My Turn To Shine" theme and includes some units that never see play.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 12:59 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, in that case I've caught up and passed you, because I now have an army selected. And a second army, suitable for newbie drop-ins, should there be any.

There are lots more choices for those who have fleshed-out C3V collections. I wish I had more of our own goodies, but both armies I've picked for tomorrow have some.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 3rd, 2018, 06:59 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I would like to register an objection that @Elstree is already figuring out his army. I think he should have to wait until the last minute, like I am.
Your objection is duly noted. The customary penalty for such offenses is an asterisk next to all wins. Now on to figuring out my army.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 10:57 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks for running a great tournament, G-O!

It’s greay to see so many at their first-ever tournament. And they were so good, too!

= =
Old November 4th, 2018, 09:46 AM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Thanks for running a great tournament, G-O!

It’s greay to see so many at their first-ever tournament. And they were so good, too!
Well, great is a stretch, but fun it was. Thanks for helping out and I want to thank everyone for being so patient with the chaos. It will be better next time with screens and a computer handling the pairings. Speaking of next time, I am thinking early February to give everyone time to enjoy and wind down from the holidays. For the locals, I plan on leaving maps built at the store, so if you want to do small 2-? person get together, just let me know. Quite a few people asked afterwards when the next event would be, so these get togethers would be a good place to teach new people instead of at a tournament.

Special thanks to @Elstree and @bunjee for bring some really cool 3D printed waterfalls for prize support. Thanks again everyone.
Old November 4th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks to G-Onfor running things. I think it went pretty smoothly overall, and it was great to have the chance to play some Heroscape again.

The space was great for a tournament, and I look forward to seeing the new location come together.
Old November 6th, 2018, 08:54 AM

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yes, thanks for organizing this! I really loved the space and the way you have the store and the event spaces set up. It'll be even better once you've got the last few touches in place!

It was great meeting everyone. February definitely seems doable for us, but it can be hard to project that far out. I think quarterly is about as frequently as Bunjee and I might make the trip down and back from State College, but it sounded like you may have enough local interest for more frequent events.
Old November 6th, 2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Yes, thanks for organizing this! I really loved the space and the way you have the store and the event spaces set up. It'll be even better once you've got the last few touches in place!

It was great meeting everyone. February definitely seems doable for us, but it can be hard to project that far out. I think quarterly is about as frequently as Bunjee and I might make the trip down and back from State College, but it sounded like you may have enough local interest for more frequent events.
Thanks Elstree. I forgot to mention you won and took home the new Valkrill Flagbearer as your trophy with Nakita Agents, 3x Microcorp Agents, and Tarn Viking Warriors. @akden came in 2nd with I believe a Kato Ashigaru build and @bunjee cam in third with a slightly different Ashigaru army. Sadly I did not secure the army sheets after the tournament and they were thrown out.
Old November 7th, 2018, 08:21 AM

Bunjee and I took ours home with us as souvenirs, but I think she photographed all of them with her phone. If you want I can ask her to send you the picture.
Old November 7th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I came in fourth with a (mostly) C3V build: Xualtiacan Fire Ants x4 (sit one ant), Sentinels of Grax, and Nakita Agents.

I highly recommend both of those C3V units to those shopping for new 'Scape goodies. They were fun and thematic, though (as the tournament format would suggest) neither is likely to overwhelm a high level build.

I won't write a whole tournament report, but I will say that I had a great time meeting several first-time tournament attendees. And then, in the last round, I got matched up against Akden's WTF army on dignan's excellent Fragment:

Which was just an awful shooting gallery for my (mostly) melee army. It was a Gallipoli situation, for sure.

Thanks again for running the event, G-O. I had a great time and met lots of new 'Scapers. Excellent!

= =
Old November 7th, 2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I came in fourth with a (mostly) C3V build: Xualtiacan Fire Ants x4 (sit one ant), Sentinels of Grax, and Nakita Agents.

I highly recommend both of those C3V units to those shopping for new 'Scape goodies. They were fun and thematic, though (as the tournament format would suggest) neither is likely to overwhelm a high level build.
Thanks again for the help, D_S. You aren't @kldonnelly , but you'll do.
As it turns out, I must have thought Sentinels of Grax were going to be common because I have a bunch of squads worth. I will try to remember to bring them to the next event to hand out.
Old November 7th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

It's a cheap mini, or it was, and they are lots of fun. I hope people enjoy playing with them.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day