Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 14th, 2009, 08:28 PM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart
Einar's Warband - Competitive Army?

Einar's Warband

2x 10th Regiment of Foot
Crixus
Izumi Samurai
Tagawa Samurai
Gurei-Oni
Old Raelin

I am playing this army on Ticalla Sunrise, Which can be found in the BOV display maps thread.

Strategy:
Move my 10th Regiment of Foot up with Raelin for defense, and have the have the Tagawa act as body guards for Raelin. Crixus would be there as backup for the samurai, and Gurei-Oni would be mop up crew.

Thanks for strategy advice.
Also, I would put more 10th Regiment of Foot, but alas, I have no more.

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Last edited by STEALTHRULER; January 16th, 2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old January 14th, 2009, 09:31 PM

tchop is surprisingly tart
Re: Einar's Warband - Competitive Army?

It's okay but you could probably do without guilty and shiori, crixus is pretty sweet for 90. Hell, alot of people are sweet for ninety. It's also a crap load of army cards so you will most likely get repeatedly screwed out of order markers.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I doubt your army will do very well. Sorry dude.

Nix guilty, shiori, and izumi to get 2 more squads of 10th mass. 3 less cards will help your order marker management a grip.
Old January 14th, 2009, 09:46 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

I agree with tchop. That's a ton of cards. The Izumi won't soften up anyone with their attack of 2. I would suggest dropping Shiori and the Izumis and grabbing the Ninjas of the Northern Wind.

Even going with Marcus instead of the Ninjas gives you a movement boost and attack bonus to those Redcoats.

Or...scrap the Izumis, Shiori and Guilty and pick up Keamon Awasome! I've found that typically too many cards is a sure path to disaster. Jexik wrote two threads that illustrate that point. His Order Marker thread http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=12071 and his Efficient Play thread http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22613 explain why. I have found both of them to be very helpful.

Last edited by legoboy; January 14th, 2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: just thinking a bit more... and more...
Old January 15th, 2009, 05:26 PM

I see. I'll either go with crixus, marcus, or the ninjas. You guys are completely right. Also, is that a pic of macchu picchu T-chop? (I doubt I spelled that right.)

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Old January 15th, 2009, 07:02 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchop View Post
Nix guilty, shiori, and izumi to get 2 more squads of 10th mass. 3 less cards will help your order marker management a grip.
Man, you got Wave 9 already?

Quote:
2x 10th Regiment of Foot
Guilty McCreech
Shiori
Izumi Samurai
Tagawa Samurai
Gurei-Oni
Old Raelin
I would have to say take out Guilty, Gurei-Oni, and Shiori. You need more 10th Foot.
Old January 16th, 2009, 02:13 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm in the "this has too many cards" camp.

I'm guessing you don't have 2 more squads of 10th Foot. But if you did, I would suggest dropping the Izumi, Shiori and Guilty and grabbing 10th Foot x2 more. That leaves you with:

10th Foot x4 - 300
Gurei-Oni - 100
Tagawa Samurai - 120
Raelin - 80

Total = 600

This army is FAAAAR more cohesive. I would play the 10th Foot early, using the Tagawa as bodyguards for Raelin. Gurei-Oni is saved for cleanup. You want to target figures with special attacks and high attack values first, so that Oni is left against figures with small ranged attacks (but not too many of them - even with Evil Eye, he won't beat 3 squads of Mass). You won't have too tough a time staying within Raelin's aura either.

EDIT: I also just realized that Gurei-Oni might be pretty good against Deathreavers in this build as well. I never saw it before, but Oni (especially backed by Raelin) would be great at killing Reavers with the Tetsubo, and your opponent is afraid to shoot at him!

Won't do much against Q9 and Nilf, but might be pretty cool against Stingers + Rats.....

Not too get off-topic, but I really gotta try a Thorgrim / Oni combination for fun....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 16th, 2009, 09:43 PM

Unfortunately, no I dont have any more
10th reg of foot, but I did replace shiori and guilty with the awesome crixus, as suggested. Don't know what do do with the samurai though.

My Customs My Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion