Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 30th, 2008, 02:47 PM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Non-definitive Handedness List

Ok, after reading rev's initial post again, here is what went through my over-active imagination.

I imagine rev sitting there in the lobby at the mechanics. (I used to work at Firestone, so I can picture this very well) Anyway, he is sitting there, and older gentlemen with a tub of what appears to be toys, sitting at his feet. After about five seconds of waiting, he gets bored, and decides to flip through his cards. After a couple minutes of flipping, he gets bored and pulls out the figures. He sets out the Krav Maga on the magazine table, pushing the magazines aside first, and looks closely at them, noticing that one of them is a lefty. This gets rev thinking, Hmmm... I wonder how many lefties there are in HS? This is when the light bulb goes off in his head. Before you can say, "I think rev has gone to far this time," he has a couple dozed figs set out on the table, magazines placed on the floor, and a notepad in hand. As he begins his project, he is starting to get some strange looks from the sales people, other customers, and perhaps even a bored mechanic or two. After much staring, I imagine the following conversation happening between rev and the onlooker brave enough to ask...

Other Person (OP): Uh... if you don't mind me asking, what is that stuff?

rev(r): It's Heroscape!

OP: Heroscape?

r: Yes, HS (Yes, he uses the abbreviation. It's what addicts do.) is an awesome board game!

OP: I've never heard of it. Is it like Monopoly?

r: No, it's more like chess, but not really.

OP: How does it work?

r: Well, first you build a gameboard with these. <holds up a couple of terrain pieces> Then you build an army with these, <holds up a handful of army cards> and finally, you use these to represent your army. <gestures to the figures strewn about the table>

OP: ... Ok, so what are you writing? Are you planning maps or armies or something?

r: Nope. I'm writing down whether they're right or left handed. It's not too bad till you get to someone like this: <holds up Mimring> I mean, how do you tell what hand a dragon is? Or how about this guy? <holds up Grimnak> Do you go by the dino, who is probably Grimnak or by the orc?

OP: ... Ok... Does your mommy know your here?

I know what actually happened was probably not as interesting, but when you have an overactive imagination and too much time to think (like me) this is what happens.

Last edited by SVD997; May 30th, 2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old May 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Apparently August 13 is International Lefthanders Day http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Lefthanders_Day.
Cool and interesting! Thanks for providing that link!
Old May 30th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Not too far off, SVD997. Saturn Dealership waiting-room. Just the human figures and no terrain. Early appointment (7:00 a.m.), so only two other people there. No conversation as they all "slid away from me on the bench."
Old May 30th, 2008, 04:31 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I think Master Woo is left-handed.

His right hand is out in a defensive position, while his left is tucked in, ready to punch.
I seriously thought about rating the monk one hand and the Woo repaint the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman View Post
I never,ever want to go against you, good Rev, in a game of Trivial Pursuit.
My wife thinks it hilarious that I usually win games of trivial knowledge in our family gatherings but still can't remember where my car keys are or even find my own eye-glasses.
They are in your pocket, and you are currently wearing them.

Please keep signatures short.
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:31 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Apparently August 13 is International Lefthanders Day http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Lefthanders_Day.
Cool and interesting! Thanks for providing that link!
Your welcome!

Now back to the list, I think the Zettians and Major X-17 could be considered Right-handed, since their other arms don't really have a real hand at the end.
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:02 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
... Saturn Dealership waiting-room. Just the human figures and no terrain. Early appointment (7:00 a.m.), so only two other people there. No conversation as they all "slid away from me on the bench."
So all the figures felt at home with their cousins- the plastic Saturn door and quarter panels.

Can't wait to see "Rev on the Redline"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion