Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 30th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of Su-Bak-Na

Su Bak Na is great. My problem using him with the Nagrubs is that the 'grubs seem to hinder Su Bak Na's mobility if you're trying to keep them together.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old November 30th, 2008, 06:52 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Mobility? SBN should keep back as far as I'm concerned. Hive supremacy, dude.
Old December 1st, 2008, 02:49 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation

I'm with you Brewster, Su Bak Na should be protected at all costs, but sometimes you really want to use that 7 attack. A flying figure with 7 attack dice should see some action in any given game. Even if Su Bak Na is used for the clean-up, you still want your Nagrubs nearby. The fact that the Nagrubs can't fly, can sort of hinder how well they work with Su Bak Na.
There are times ( ex.Q9 is on the field) where you want to get Su into the mix, and not just spend 160 points on Hive Supremacy (as good as it is).

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quick question that came up in a game today:

Does Su-Bak-Na's Hive Supremacy bonus apply even if Su-Bak-Na has been killed? There is no wording on the card to support that it does, and I know "Say what the card does, not what it doesn't," but there are always exceptions to that rule where something is omitted for a reason, like Taelord's stealth flying.

Me and my friend played it that it doesn't continue, and luckily there were no times that occurred after he died where the bonus would have been needed, but it will still be useful for future reference as Su-Bak-Na gets a lot of play at my house.

Thanks.
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:32 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Does Su-Bak-Na's Hive Supremacy bonus apply even if Su-Bak-Na has been killed? There is no wording on the card to support that it does, and I know "Say what the card does, not what it doesn't," but there are always exceptions to that rule where something is omitted for a reason, like Taelord's stealth flying.

Me and my friend played it that it doesn't continue, and luckily there were no times that occurred after he died where the bonus would have been needed, but it will still be useful for future reference as Su-Bak-Na gets a lot of play at my house.

Thanks.
Based on most other boosting heroes, I can't see how Su-Bak-Na could give the bonus after he is dead.

Old August 14th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post

Thanks.
Based on most other boosting heroes, I can't see how Su-Bak-Na could give the bonus after he is dead.
Well, the thing is, there is no wording like "has to be within 10 spaces" or "as long as Su-Bak-Na is in play." If that was the case then you would be right, but Hivelord Supremacy states "Su-Bak-Na gives a bonus" and that is all it says.
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Obsidian is correct. Unless otherwise stated, powers are only in effect while the figures with those powers are in play.

~Aldin, bonus bustingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 8th, 2010, 11:51 AM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just noticed that the Marrow Dividers aren't on "Synergies Offered" list.

Just wanted to give a heads up...

EDIT:Thank you; this has been updated.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.

Last edited by R˙chean; February 5th, 2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Acknowledgment and notfication of update ~ R˙chean
Old February 5th, 2010, 12:45 AM

Halo'scaper Woo who?

bring the little nagrubs as fresh food for SBN so that if you do fight out in the open you can regenerate health. Enemies focuss on the nagrubs cause they heal and then you can kill them with SBN.

Just when you thought heroscape was good Masterchief was born
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:44 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo'scaper View Post
bring the little nagrubs as fresh food for SBN so that if you do fight out in the open you can regenerate health. Enemies focuss on the nagrubs cause they heal and then you can kill them with SBN.
I agree that they pair well together, but if your opponent is targeting the Nagrubs first, they're doing it wrong.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; February 5th, 2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How so, CL? I know in playing against Tor-Kul-Na, the general consensus is to go after the Nagrubs first to prevent the Hivelord from being able to regenerate a life. After the Nagrubs are dead, then go after the Hivelord.

Unless, of course, you were going for the sarcasm, and I totally missed it, what with the lack of a proper emoticon and all.

See? Like this one.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 5th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think CheddarLimbo's right here, rym. Since SBN has such a low defense, you don't want to miss the extra skulls that would be overkill on a Nagrub. Plus, he can only recover one life per activation and you should be able to hurt him at a faster clip than that. TKN's high defense makes the equation different.

~Aldin, who thinks the BEST answer is explosive attacks that hit ALL of them

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units