Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 9th, 2016, 10:08 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: JerseyScape - Flex Tourney Sunday, 9/11/16 Hamilton

Well I guess I will see whoever shows up in Hamilton on Sunday, since I am now planning to be there myself. I spent most of today creating two maps that I will bring with me #1. a slightly expanded and embellished "Badru Valley" by GameBear; and #2. since I could not decide between "Battle Bridge," "Burning Desire," "Castle Ruins of Source," and "Derelict" - I let my imagination loose and kind of rolled them into my own creation, which I am calling "An Ancient Island Fortress." I still had a box with a dozen Armies I had prepared for the last HeroScape event I attended and it was easy to rework them to fit this format. So I am bringing a dozen separate armies with me, all of which I consider 'competitive' and would play myself, although I do have my favorites. These will be available for anyone to use that wants to participate, but does not have an army with them.

Have A Nic e Day tomorrow and I'll see you s0^0n ; o )
~ John G.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 9th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

God love Johngee, but if you want the map to look like the designer intended, maybe have someone else build it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 10th, 2016, 05:31 PM

9BelowMadness is surprisingly tart

I will bring the map called "Fossil." If I have time, which is very doubtful, I can also bring "Sidewinder." But if we still need maps I can make it work.
Old September 10th, 2016, 06:28 PM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9BelowMadness View Post
I will bring the map called "Fossil." If I have time, which is very doubtful, I can also bring "Sidewinder." But if we still need maps I can make it work.
I think we are in great shape if you bring Fossil 9Below. We'll have a nice selection. Looking forward to tomorrow!
Old September 10th, 2016, 08:10 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
God love Johngee, but if you want the map to look like the designer intended, maybe have someone else build it.
But you have to admit, that they're always symmetrical... (~~~lol~~~)

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 12th, 2016, 11:48 AM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
But you have to admit, that they're always symmetrical... (~~~lol~~~)
I was thoroughly impressed with John's map making skills! The island fortress was absolutely phenomenal. Its a shame though, that his Sentinals found it difficult to produce 1 shield to defend it !

Great to see you Johngee - hopefully we can do it again soon.
Old September 12th, 2016, 12:01 PM

Since we had an odd number at this event, we elected to split into a group of 3 and a pair of 2 for the last two rounds. We used DadScaper's Multi-player madness format for the three player matches. This had the effect of limiting us to three rounds (big point armies for this format) but did maximize interaction.

What everyone brought and how we fared:

Man_At_Arms, BugbearsX3, RatsX2, Racheim, 6 points
9BelowMadness, 4th MassX3, Sgt Drake, Denrick, Finn, 5 points
Johngee, SentinelsX3, Super Raelin, 3 points
Paul, AnubianX1, Khosumet, Arrow GX1, Krug, Marro Warriors, Feral Troll, 3 points
EpicAlpaca, KOWX3, Denrick, Gilbert, Eldgrim, 3 points

I had a great time. Thanks everyone for coming out.
Old September 12th, 2016, 01:04 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

Thanks man at arms for organizing the event. I had a great time and hope we can continue to get together for more games
Old September 12th, 2016, 06:01 PM

mathjedi is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thanks for all being understanding while I am still learning the game! I went home and ordered some new figures taking all of your advice into account - next time, I will be a force to be reckoned with! Appreciate you introducing me to this awesome game Man At Arms....
Old September 12th, 2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjedi View Post
Thanks for all being understanding while I am still learning the game! I went home and ordered some new figures taking all of your advice into account - next time, I will be a force to be reckoned with! Appreciate you introducing me to this awesome game Man At Arms....
You played great Paul and I've honestly never seen a Feral Troll played to such perfection. BTW, kudos for the the coolest name on the board MathJedi.
Old September 12th, 2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEpicAlpaca View Post
Thanks man at arms for organizing the event. I had a great time and hope we can continue to get together for more games
Great to meet you Matt. I'm sure DadScaper will be posting pretty soon. Hopefully it's a weekend many of us can drive down together.
Old September 12th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Working on it. . .

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events