Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old November 2nd, 2006, 01:55 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

OK I just got this for the 360. The opening cut scene is fantastic. But the game is awesome fun to play. It is like a suped up Diablo. The effects are great and the game is easy to get into. Best of all, the Marvel characters are all really well done and capture the comics perfectly. I highly recommend checking this one out.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:21 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
OK I just got this for the 360. The opening cut scene is fantastic. But the game is awesome fun to play. It is like a suped up Diablo. The effects are great and the game is easy to get into. Best of all, the Marvel characters are all really well done and capture the comics perfectly. I highly recommend checking this one out.
Yeah I got it last week, Love it. I play for about an hour every night before I head off to sleep.

I will say that the LIVE experience still leaves a little to be desired,

One of the most exciting things you can do is an Arcade match with 3 other buddies, that's fun!

Present Team.

Colossus
Night Rider (will become Black Panther when he is unlocked)
Deadpool
Moon Knight/Blade (this would be Silver Surfer but I haven't unlocked him yet)

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 04:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I can't wait. GO CAPTAIN AMERICA!!!

I'm getting it for the Wii, since I'm too lazy to switch around moves.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:14 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I might get it for the wii too - and now that i have confirmation that it is a good game i will give it a go!
Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:29 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
What's the difference (besides graphics) between the Next Gen consoles and the PS2/XBox versions? Are there more characters or levels with the next gen? Are the graphics that much better?

Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:30 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
What's the difference (besides graphics) between the Next Gen consoles and the PS2/XBox versions? Are there more characters or levels with the next gen? Are the graphics that much better?
And next-gen exclusives!

The Wii verson has more combos and makes using special abilities easier to use. The other two make it prettier.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:58 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
At first I was going to get the PS2 version. I couldn't justify the extra $20 for a prettier game. I then took advantage of a buy 2 get 1 free sale on video games at Toys R Us, when I found out that Guitar Hero was considered a game. I decided to go with the 360 version to get the bigger bang for my buck and settled on Call of Duty 2 Game of the Year edition as the other game. I haven't had a chance to play Ultimate Alliance yet, but I'm considering returning either it or CoD2 and exchanging it for Gears of War in another week. Any advice?

Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:15 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
At first I was going to get the PS2 version. I couldn't justify the extra $20 for a prettier game. I then took advantage of a buy 2 get 1 free sale on video games at Toys R Us, when I found out that Guitar Hero was considered a game. I decided to go with the 360 version to get the bigger bang for my buck and settled on Call of Duty 2 Game of the Year edition as the other game. I haven't had a chance to play Ultimate Alliance yet, but I'm considering returning either it or CoD2 and exchanging it for Gears of War in another week. Any advice?
I love HALO and like CoD2 but not enough to buy it. It is a fun game, but it is much like any other Shooter game. If you're a history buff then by all means ditch Ultimate Alliance. UA is still a fun game and it will take a good while to beat it, if you love working with a group, taking advantage of certain players abilities and searching for goodies hidden along the way, then ditch CoD2.

It is a HARD choice, both games have MANY great reasons to keep them. It really comes down to what kind of games you like playing, check some reviews, read up on both games then make a descision,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:00 AM

Chameleon has disabled reputation
This looks like a cool game. I've dowloaded the trailer from Xbox live.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:14 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Anybody else think that this was the best opening cgi cut scene of any game?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:34 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Ha! I was going to start a thread about this game yesterday. Too bad I forgot.

Yes this is definatly the best CGI opening scene ever. In fact all of the cutscenes I have seen are great. Sadly, I do not own the game. I will probably get it with the Wii. I see my team revolving around Dr. Strange. He is just so fun to play. When I get the game I will give a review. (Along with a Twilight Princess reveiw.) Until then, have fun playing!

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:44 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt

Present Team.

Colossus
Night Rider (will become Black Panther when he is unlocked)
Deadpool
Moon Knight/Blade (this would be Silver Surfer but I haven't unlocked him yet)
How well does Deadpool work? My friend said he was useless and wouldn't let me try him.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games