Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 5th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Rectangular C3V-SoV cards, now with Artscow option, 10-2

Could you give me a brief explanation on how to use Artscow to print C3V/C3G cards? Or if there already is one, direct me to the proper thread.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old October 5th, 2011, 05:54 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this. Appoligies if it is not.

I know the Artscow playing card sale has been on for a while but thought it still may be news to some. Basically the deal is that you can create a custom deck of playing cards (or 54 cards that do not feature the standard playing card symbols) for $5.99 with free shipping.

I thought the Heroscape quest cards created by Malechi et al. looked like a lot of fun, but I never got around to printing and cutting all the cards. When I came across the artscow sale I thought it was a perfect way to create these cards without a lot of effort on my end. I thought that others here may also like a deck of these great cards without too much effort. Here is the link to the gallery I created http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=eqk0ghde

It will take just under two decks to create all the cards (including the expansion set series).

If you are unsure on how to create a deck here is a good tutorial that was posted on BGG.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/395699
Old October 9th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great work on the cards! Will you be updating the common unit page so we can just print that one several times or maybe post the individual cards so we can prepare the page ?

When using ArtsCow, what is the printing size for a playing card size print? I know Poker cards are 2.5 X 3.5 Inches, and the default it seems on Artscow is 4 X 6, should I be switching the sizes to Wallet??

Last edited by Rocktroll; October 9th, 2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old October 9th, 2011, 09:42 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
Great work on the cards! Will you be updating the common unit page so we can just print that one several times or maybe post the individual cards so we can prepare the page ?

When using ArtsCow, what is the printing size for a playing card size print? I know Poker cards are 2.5 X 3.5 Inches, and the default it seems on Artscow is 4 X 6, should I be switching the sizes to Wallet??
I wasn't planning on doing a commons page, since one only needs one for one army. But I could make one.

I think the you can use whatever size since the image would rescale. I myself prefer the playing cards (2.5 x 3.5 as you wrote). I printed them as part of a whole 54 card deck, along with C3G cards.
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

forgive my ignorance, but when I opened the album you shared and clicked print it gave me larger sizes, am I missing something or should I be looking for some sort of Deck offer ?

Ill search the site again , I must be missing something.

Edit:

Found it! Thanks for the information playing with an album now, making 4 of each common squad plus a few extras

Last edited by Rocktroll; October 9th, 2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old October 10th, 2011, 09:01 AM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Glad you figured it out. What size cards did you end up getting?

You could also make a customized "design" deck. You could read the good tutorial in the link in post #14 above. You could also see the deck I made which has C3G cards and C3V cards in it, as an example:

Pages 13-16 (54 cards, mini image front, comic image back, extra cards filled with C3V, SoV, and some glyphs)
Old October 15th, 2011, 06:19 PM
math olympian

Re: Rectangular C3V-SoV cards, now with Artscow option, 10-1

Artscow update: I just uploaded a fixed Varkaanan Blade Dancers image (the previous card had a font size error that pushed off the last line of text - stupid msword) to the artscow album. I can't seem to delete the old image (until every design that uses that old image has deleted the use of that old image?).
Old October 18th, 2011, 10:11 AM
math olympian

artscow test print

My Artscow test print came back (2.5 x 3.5 rectangular playing cards).
This was done using the images with no zoom out.

Here is a close up of a card. The text is crisp and clear.
I am happy with the way these cards turned out.
Old October 18th, 2011, 06:01 PM
math olympian

Re: Rectangular C3V-SoV cards, Artscow testprint, 10-18-11

I just noticed the same font problem with Haduc and Zaeus I had with the Blade Dancers before. (The title of the first power wrapping to a new line. Stupid MSWord) The fixed images are uploaded to artscow. I can't delete the old bad images though.

Also adjusted Vydar to a lighter gray.

Last edited by mathguy; October 18th, 2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old November 7th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Re: Rectangular C3V-SoV cards, Artscow testprint, 10-18-11

These look great! I need to order a deck soon! I just paid $18 at office Max to print out the cards and had to cut them all by hand to then place in sleeves. I should have done this instead
Old November 10th, 2011, 06:03 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Rectangular C3V-SoV cards, as of Sept 13, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathguy View Post
Let me know if there are any typos on these cards.
mathguy, thanks so much for this Artscow design, mine is waiting to be printed out.

I've just proofread your cards. There are three errors in your Wave 14 ArtsCow set:

1) Nicholas Esenwein, Bloodborn Rising -- Even though it's not capitalized on the C3V card, the term "Undead" should be capitalized, as it's referring to a Species type.

2) Van Nessing, Divine Mission -- The first word should be "When," not "After."

3) PreyBlood Thrall, Blood Hunger -- A sentence is incorrect.
- Should be:
To use Blood Hunger, the Preyblood Thrall must end its move adjacent to the chosen figure and must attack that figure if possible.

- Is:
To Use Blood Hunger, the Preyblood Thrall must end its move adjacent to the chosen figure if possible.
Old November 11th, 2011, 07:24 PM
math olympian

Re: Rectangular C3V-SoV cards, as of Sept 13, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathguy View Post
Let me know if there are any typos on these cards.
mathguy, thanks so much for this Artscow design, mine is waiting to be printed out.

I've just proofread your cards. There are three errors in your Wave 14 ArtsCow set:

1) Nicholas Esenwein, Bloodborn Rising -- Even though it's not capitalized on the C3V card, the term "Undead" should be capitalized, as it's referring to a Species type.

2) Van Nessing, Divine Mission -- The first word should be "When," not "After."

3) PreyBlood Thrall, Blood Hunger -- A sentence is incorrect.
- Should be:
To use Blood Hunger, the Preyblood Thrall must end its move adjacent to the chosen figure and must attack that figure if possible.

- Is:
To Use Blood Hunger, the Preyblood Thrall must end its move adjacent to the chosen figure if possible.
Thanks for proofreading. I'll fix them when I get a chance.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs