Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 4th, 2007, 06:33 PM

Flex1 has disabled reputation
possible suggestion to HS makers for Console/PC HS

Have any of you, HS players, ever thought of a console or PC version of HeroScape? Well after seeing the game BoB, Band of Bugs, for the Xbox 360(its an Xbox Live Arcade game) I think a HS based game would be a very good idea and perhaps could generate good income.

Is there anyway people can contact Hasbro HS department with an idea like this?

The game could simply be a success. Content could be developed for it, like new Waves or expansions as those are released in real life. The game could have a map editor similar to the fan made map editor for PC. Games could be played online with the option to make perhaps Team/Clan/Guilds(whatever you might wanna call it) and there could also be a leaderboard to keep track of what players are very competitive and just good players.

Of course this doesnt have to be a downloadable Marketplace Arcade game, I think if done properly and the right way it could even be released as normal Xbox 360 games and new stuff be made for DLC.

also it can be done for the PC too, I just used the 360 as an example because I got excited.

So is ther anyway this can be suggested to them?
Old July 4th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: possible suggestion to HS makers for Console/PC HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex1
Have any of you, HS players, ever thought of a console or PC version of HeroScape? Well after seeing the game BoB, Band of Bugs, for the Xbox 360(its an Xbox Live Arcade game) I think a HS based game would be a very good idea and perhaps could generate good income.

Is there anyway people can contact Hasbro HS department with an idea like this?

The game could simply be a success. Content could be developed for it, like new Waves or expansions as those are released in real life. The game could have a map editor similar to the fan made map editor for PC. Games could be played online with the option to make perhaps Team/Clan/Guilds(whatever you might wanna call it) and there could also be a leaderboard to keep track of what players are very competitive and just good players.

Of course this doesnt have to be a downloadable Marketplace Arcade game, I think if done properly and the right way it could even be released as normal Xbox 360 games and new stuff be made for DLC.

also it can be done for the PC too, I just used the 360 as an example because I got excited.

So is ther anyway this can be suggested to them?
Do you really think that Hasbro doesn't have a huge R&D Department that get paid to come up things like this? Market research, development, and a whole lot more would go into anything done in that direction.
Old July 4th, 2007, 07:12 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
15 minutes, I think that's a new record!

6 x 9 = 42

Old July 4th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Flex1 has disabled reputation
yeah, I do think they have that department but its a very different thing when a company recieves I dont know, mail or emails concerning an idea from its fans or encouragement to come up with one.

Its like what happened with Starcraft. Ever since the original fans have been asking for a sequel well now I think 10 or more years later they get the most desired sequel.

I think they kind of encouraged Blizzard to make a sequel(well, Korea most have done all the encouragement, they ar crazy abid fans) but of cource it could have also been special long term hype marketing. Get all your world wide fans hyped about the game for a decade then make the game.

Anyway it was just question sinces if a game about HS is done properly it could be quite a seller.
Old July 4th, 2007, 07:56 PM

tmacdagreat has disabled reputation
Give it up. I've seen countless threads like this. The games are going to be fan-made ones like Sir Flak's. If you have any experience in game making then help him. He doesn't know 3-D skinning.

«cookie - once you have it, you love it.»
http://www.heroscapers.com/images/05.gif
Old July 4th, 2007, 08:39 PM

ron3090 Woo who?
As for Starcraft 2, the fans' begging didn't do much. It has been developing ever since Starcraft 1. What I want to know is simply:

HOW COULD THEY KEEP SUCH A BIG SECRET FOR SO FREAKING LONG?!

ron3090 is 'Shotgun' Sullivan...
in the ECRU CAVE...
Old July 4th, 2007, 10:10 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
The people working on it were put in solitaire completely cut off from all other human contact until their tasks were finished and approved.

Long live Heroscape.
Old July 4th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by champrjk
The people working on it were put in solitaire completely cut off from all other human contact until their tasks were finished and approved.
You can always tell Blizzard buildings apart from those of other software companies-- they're the ones where the barbed wire slants inward.
Old July 4th, 2007, 10:16 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
Sounds to me like your just to lazy to build the boards and move the figures yourself.

I would rather not stare into a tv screen that gives me a headache. And besides I would rather have the luck of the dice instead of a computer generated roll of the dice.

Monopoly for playstation is for people who can't count.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:45 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron3090
As for Starcraft 2, the fans' begging didn't do much. It has been developing ever since Starcraft 1. What I want to know is simply:

HOW COULD THEY KEEP SUCH A BIG SECRET FOR SO FREAKING LONG?!
There's one for every occasion:

Old July 4th, 2007, 11:49 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
You know what would be cool? Dice with blue tooth. So we can roll the dice manually while playing scape on Xbox, PS2 or other consoles. Is this cool or is this too lazy?

(Yes, I know the basic 'duh' reasons why Heroscape should not be a console game.)

Old July 5th, 2007, 02:32 AM

Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker
Show me a computer

-- that will say, "Really beautiful base flocking job on those Maros."

-- that will pull its hair and make gargling sounds when its crack Minuteman unit fires a volley and rolls all sheilds.

-- that will supply everybody with funky hats appropriate to their army's theme

-- that will stay up all night painting weird figures and making props for some scenario inspired by a Monty P ython skit

-- that will shoot your hotshot Agent off the roof of the castle, and insist that you replay the fall in slow motion, Sam Peckinpaugh-style.

-- that will take a pottery course with his wife and come back with a kiln-fired ceramic Foreign Legion outpost

-- that refers to your samurai as "the Elmer Fudd ronin"

-- that will pass out machine gun water pistols to the Airborne players

-- that will humor your fetishes by building a cardboard steam-tank for the great landships game because he knows you will humor his with a cardboard native sailboat for the giant lake battle.

-- that will notice that inverted Yoplait containers would make perfect towers for that Elvin hill-fort.

-- that will cry out in despair, "They're all dead, and I only painted them last night!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion