Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old March 27th, 2010, 04:20 PM

Knight_Of_Einar is surprisingly tart
difference between common and uncommon heroes

I know there may be a form for this already but I was unable to find it. I i was just wondering if anyone could help tell me what the difference is between a common hero and a uncommon hero, like how many uncommon heroes u can have or what special qualities they might have.

Great Traders - Padlock, Colnago, Archiver, Tai - pan
Old March 27th, 2010, 04:29 PM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker
Re: difference between common and uncommon heroes

The main difference is the number of cards needed and number of lives

For uncommons you need a card for each fig (and a way to keep track of which fig goes with each card). And they have a life higher than 1 (so far).

For commons you need only 1 card and you can then choose to activate any of them. And they have a life of 1.

My custom Terrain and Units.

My HS pics
Old March 27th, 2010, 04:40 PM

Knight_Of_Einar is surprisingly tart

Thank you, this has been bugging me all day

Great Traders - Padlock, Colnago, Archiver, Tai - pan
Old March 27th, 2010, 05:50 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Basically, Uncommon units count as Unique for any power, and are pretty much Unique Heroes except that you can use more than 1 as longas you keep track.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Page 19 or the DnD rulebook

Uncommon Figures:
Each Army may have any number of an
Uncommon Army Card with the same name. If your army has two or
more of the same Uncommon Army Card, you must keep those figures
separate (that is, keep track of which figure belongs to which card).
For example, if you are using two Feral Trolls, you must clearly mark
each Feral Troll figure and a matching Feral Troll Army Card so you can
tell which Feral Troll is being activated by which order markers and
which wound markers belong to which Feral Troll. Uncommon figures
are considered to be Unique figures in every other way. See also: Army

Card, Unique Figures, and Common Figures.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB View Post

For uncommons you need a card for each fig (and a way to keep track of which fig goes with each card). And they have a life higher than 1 (so far).

For commons you need only 1 card and you can then choose to activate any of them. And they have a life of 1.
To expand on this just a little bit, an order marker on the common hero card allows you to activate any of that common hero. Uncommon heroes must have the order marker on the card that represents it. (eg An order marker on the Dumutef Guard card allows you to take a turn with any of the Dumutef Guards you control that are still in play, but to use the "blue" Feral Troll the order marker must be on the "blue Feral Troll card.)
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:57 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:

To expand on this just a little bit, an order marker on the common hero card allows you to activate any of that common hero. Uncommon heroes must have the order marker on the card that represents it. (eg An order marker on the Dumutef Guard card allows you to take a turn with any of the Dumutef Guards you control that are still in play, but to use the "blue" Feral Troll the order marker must be on the "blue Feral Troll card.)
If you don't know what he's talking about a "blue feral troll" the uncommon hero's aren't all different colors. The D&D masterset comes with 8 stickers of 4 different colors, that's 2 stickers per color. If you have more than one feral troll you would stick 1 color on the base of the figure and then the other same color sticker onto the card. This signifies that this particular troll belongs with this particular card.
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

If you don't know what he's talking about a "blue feral troll" the uncommon hero's aren't all different colors. The D&D masterset comes with 8 stickers of 4 different colors, that's 2 stickers per color. If you have more than one feral troll you would stick 1 color on the base of the figure and then the other same color sticker onto the card. This signifies that this particular troll belongs with this particular card.
I don't know what you're talking about. I have a blue and a black one.
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:22 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know what you're talking about. I have a blue and a black one.
lol nice warpaint! Because the trolls take a lot of hits, it makes sense they'd be black and blue. but why are the bases green?
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Quest Quitter

That way I easily know they are mine when someone else is using the same figures at a game day or tournament. And I like how they look with the green.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's