Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: What is your religion?
Christian 164 62.12%
Muslim 2 0.76%
Buddhist 3 1.14%
Hinduist 1 0.38%
Jewish 8 3.03%
Pagan 5 1.89%
Agnostic 25 9.47%
Atheist 28 10.61%
Other (please do tell) 23 8.71%
Super Atheist 5 1.89%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old July 19th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
And so it begins.

One person says I believe this or I son't believe that. Another says why. Another anwers. Someone takes offense and slings mud. Slippery slope.

The lock is coming.

EDIT: Dang you Dictatorbilbo and CA, You beat me to it!
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:13 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I agree. If we want to keep this civil I suggest simply stating your views however you wish to do so and keep comments about other's views out of it. Otherwise I'd fully support GB's option to Lock.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
This thread could easily get out of hand. Usually i'm the instigator. Luckily, I don't have the time nor energy to go on another warpath crusade (ironic ).

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:17 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
"For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven." Mathew 5:17-20

Now the Pharisees followed the laws of the old testament religiously, so I come to understand it that those laws should still be in effect if you want to get to heaven.

There's also a passage or two, I can't remember the verses exactly, but it basically goes like this:

A guy comes up to Jesus and asks him "What do I need to do to inherit eternal life?" He says "Love God, love your neighbor, don't steal, commit adultery, etc." The man says " I have done these since I was a boy." Jesus responds "No, you are missing one thing. Sell everything you own and give it to the poor. Only then will you inherit eternal life."

There's also another passage that says it's easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven.

Sell everything? Your house, your car, your tv, your furniture, your appliances, your clothes, your Heroscape collection... everything...

EDIT: Yes, this is turning a bit into a debate, but why don't we keep it civil? I mean it's natural people will get offended, but I do not direct any bad comments toward the individuals, as I said. Ideas don't have feelings.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:21 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13
"For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven." Mathew 5:17-20

Now the Pharisees followed the laws of the old testament religiously, so I come to understand it that those laws should still be in effect if you want to get to heaven.

There's also a passage or two, I can't remember the verses exactly, but it basically goes like this:

A guy comes up to Jesus and asks him "What do I need to do to inherit eternal life?" He says "Love God, love your neighbor, don't steal, commit adultery, etc." The man says " I have done these since I was a boy." Jesus responds "No, you are missing one thing. Sell everything you own and give it to the poor. Only then will you inherit eternal life."

There's also another passage that says it's easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven.

Sell everything? Your house, your car, your tv, your furniture, your appliances, your clothes, your Heroscape collection... everything...
He was showing that it's impossible to get to Heaven by your own means. Only by the grace of God and through His Son can you inherit eternal life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja a little bit ago
I thought the HUGE Religion thread on HQ was great.
And also, I take it no one (except Bannister of course) agrees with me on this? I like the debate.

EDIT: I see blue has a similar feeling.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:22 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Yes, this is turning a bit into a debate, but why don't we keep it civil? I mean it's natural people will get offended, but I do not direct any bad comments toward the individuals, as I said. Ideas don't have feelings.
Good luck with that.

Where's my AD&D rulebook quote?
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja a little bit ago
I thought the HUGE Religion thread on HQ was great.
And also, I take it no one (except Bannister of course) agrees with me on this? I like the debate.

EDIT: I see blue has a similar feeling.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:26 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
I grew up in a christian home, going to church / sunday school every Sunday and was confirmed methodist. By the time I graduated high school I was very anti religion.
A few years ago I took a class on religion just to learn a little more about some of the others. Hinduism and Buddism were the most interesting but I am still Agnostic.

Why do people get offended so easily?

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:

Usually I stay out of conversations like this. I am a Christian, but my knowledge of the Bible is rather lacking, so I generally do not have the knowledge required to make a proper argument.

However, I can comment on this one. One thing you have to consider is who Jesus was talking to, and that Jesus is able to look into people's hearts. He knew that a weak area for this man was his wealth. God wants nothing to be placed ahead of him, and this man likely valued his wealth above all else. So, if you look at it in this light, you will see that this was not a command for all believers, but specifically for that person.

There are plenty Christians, I am sure, who are rich but still in good standing with God. The key is not to have no wealth, but to not let it take a higher place in your life and heart than God.

Old July 19th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja

There are a couple of us with the same outlook. Unfortunately, most of the people here are from the US, so 80% are going to be some kind of christian religion. Even thou Christianity makes up only 20% of the worlds religion, it's all here. So when this verbal war happens, it feels like 300. There is a small band of us fighters, but the sheer numbers are overwelming odds.

WE ARE SPARTA!!!!!!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:39 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Fortunately, your skills are honed from fighting so many battles against such overwhelming numbers, whereas those you are "fighting" are often inexperienced and overconfident.

Hate to say it, since I'm part of that horde.

I mean, AHEM.

A THOUSAND SECTS OF THE CHRISTIAN EMPIRE RIDE AGAINST YOU. OUR PARABLES WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General