Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:15 PM

Jed Starkiller has disabled reputation
Tournament Rules

I appologize up front if this has been asked and or covered elsewhere I did a search but nothing jumped out as the exact correct thread for my question.

I've never been and probably will never make it Gen Con but I was curious how do they run the Tourney's there? Are there any special Tourney rules? I was thinking maybe doing a small tourney for fun in my area. And wondered how they did them there.

THanks

Jed

"Bob, Im not Kirk, Im Skywalker, Luke Skywalker." - Col. Jack O'Neill
Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:17 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Tournament Rules

Go to the EVENTS section, look up "Dayton, Ohio" tournaments. Those are the way to do it. Marduk Rocks.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:34 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

There is not currently a unified way of running tournaments.

A couple regions have rankings and granular ways of scoring matches and events. Others regions may be more game day oriented. It all depends on the individuals in the area that are actively setting up events to promote the game.

The way events are run at GenCon only represent one way of doing it. Most all events use third edition rules (Swarm of the Marro rulebook) along with the Advanced FAQ (in the download section) as the governing rule set. More times than not, the tournament is centered around a variant of some sort, such as this past weekend's event, "Alliance Oh, Summer Slugfest!!" where armies could only be constructed with range 1 cards.

Poking around in the events area of the forum will certainly give you all you need and then some.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; June 22nd, 2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:39 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
More times than not, the tournament is centered around a variant of some sort, such as this past weekend's event, "Alliance Oh, Summer Slugfest!!" where armies could only be constructed with range 1 cards.
Wow...I feel special, Ry. Glad my tourney could be a good example.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 06:14 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Starkiller View Post
I apologize up front if this has been asked and or covered elsewhere I did a search but nothing jumped out as the exact correct thread for my question.

I've never been and probably will never make it Gen Con but I was curious how do they run the Tourney's there? Are there any special Tourney rules? I was thinking maybe doing a small tourney for fun in my area. And wondered how they did them there.

What is your area? It's not specified in your ID.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:42 PM

Jed Starkiller has disabled reputation

Thanks for the info gang! I'll check the events section.

cmgames Im in Missouri.

"Bob, Im not Kirk, Im Skywalker, Luke Skywalker." - Col. Jack O'Neill
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:01 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

You might check out the KC tournament set for July.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=24954
Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:25 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Special like Corky...

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's