Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 29th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
Need help with an MS Excel Script/Formula

I'm working on a form for my job (A monthly mileage statement). We record end of day mileage from the bottom up in column A, and the daily use in column B. 31 lines on the form. So Day 1 is Cell A41. (There are header cells)

What I'd like to do is have Cell B40 and up scan down to the next filled A cell and subtract out the Current day's end from the prior day's end to give the actual use. Essentially B40=A40-A41. However it has to be smart enough to skip a null cell (weekends, days out, etc).

Do I need a script or can this be done in a straight formula in a cell?

Thanks
~Dennys

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General