Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 23rd, 2008, 09:54 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Motorcycle Safety or Why are some people stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco View Post
If I have a bike, I won't be wearing my helmet when I'm riding. I'm pretty sure my head is harder than the pavement.
LOL

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old April 25th, 2008, 06:47 AM

Grok Rider is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Helmets seems like a good thing to use to protect the gulliver since it would be hard to replace it.

I dislike the principle of helmet and seatbelt laws however. I don't think that the government should be involved in choices that individuals make about their own health.

Helmet and seatbelt laws for young children is a different matter. Young children aren't considered to be mature enough to make such decisions, adults should be.

Recently played games:
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:41 PM

Bazooka has disabled reputation

As someone who always wears protective gear when I ride(currently a Gen 1 FZ1) and active practioner of the "Invisible and Hated Rider" Strategy I do not agree that Helmet Laws should be mandatory.

Then again, I also think that there should be a nonintelligent animal above humans on the foodchain to keep the herd thin...

Society protects stupid people from Evolution and the stupid people are breeding.

Old April 25th, 2008, 02:42 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

I just found out today that my friend's best friend was involved in a motorcycle accident (no helmet) back in the Philippines. It's early to know but the surgeons are using words like "sight restoration," "hearing restoration," and "reattach the jaw."

Whether your state requires one or not- please, on behalf of your Mothers, Fathers, siblings, children, and friends, wear a helmet. The worst news could be that you could actually survive.
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
This is shocking.
Last night, my wife told me she spoke to one of our neighbors. That person related the news that her next door neighbor had died this past weekend while riding on his motorcycle. Not much details, but he did die in a traffic accident. His wife is in a coma.

I knew this guy and we always exchanged greetings when I passed by his place. I even gave my condolences to him when his father passed away last year.

We never spoke at great lengths, but he seemed like an alright dude. When I saw him on his ride, he always wore a helmet.
Apparently it wasn't enough to save his life on Sunday.

Be safe out there, cyclists.
Just an update: My neighbor was riding and hit a pothole. Gusty wind conditions coupled with the hole brought him, his fiance, and the bike down.
Imagine that.
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:51 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This thread contains the highest amount of good posts I have ever seen. That is, until this one. Good job everyone!

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:54 PM

syvarris0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Even though I am half a country away,I feel sorry for the poor souls.

Haven't posted in 7 months,found out about PS3 and more recently WOWTBC
Old April 25th, 2008, 09:24 PM

Hatchetbill has disabled reputation

I've been riding for maybe 6 years now and never had an accident but motorcycle accidents still scare the heck out of me. Even the safest rider is increadibly vulnerable out there.

I knew a guy who was on the transcanada and the spring on his kickstand failed (must have been rusted out) and it dropped into position. When he leaned into the turn the kickstand hit the pavement and he was killed.

Like any place that sees a real winter we get a lot of gravel on the roads after the snow melts and there's nothing scarier than hitting gravel on a turn. My father went down on his bike like that but luckily he was going slow in a housing subdivision area and only the bike was damaged.

Always check your bike before riding it and cover every inch of your body. Maybe its just me but I think a leather motorcycle jacket and helmet are way cooler than roadrash and brain damage.
Old November 13th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Saw my mother on Tuesday. She told me the news that one of my older brothers bought a motorcycle.

I'm hoping he stays safe. We're not and have never been a motorcycle family. Why now? All I can do is hope he rides safely.
Old November 13th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

A guy got killed literally 1 block from my house last week. There's still paint on the road from the investigation.

Apparently a guy was riding (helmet on) south on Hwy 16 and a bus was heading north. The bus stopped to make a right and the F350 Dualie with the 26' trailer holding an excavator couldn't stop in time so he swerved onto incoming traffic to avoid hitting the bus (apparently he was hoping to get into the big grass area on the west side of the street) and hit the biker head-on at 45 MPH or so. Life-Flight landed at the local shopping center a block from where the accident happened, but the poor guy was KIA.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 13th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Saw my mother on Tuesday. She told me the news that one of my older brothers bought a motorcycle.

I'm hoping he stays safe. We're not and have never been a motorcycle family. Why now? All I can do is hope he rides safely.
Send him HERE!

Encourage him to get training! Aside from wearing proper gear, it's about the best thing one can do to better their chances on the road.

The class fees may sound expensive, but there are a lot of advantages. Learning on your own can be much more expensive . Bikes are provided - better to find out what you don't know on someone else's bike than to drop your new pride'n joy! In many states, passing a BRC (Basic Ridercourse) will get you out of the riding portion of your motorcycle endorsement test. If he bought new, several motorcycle manufacturers (and some dealerships) provide incentives for taking a course. Getting your completion card may also lower your insurance rates. Tell him to check it out!
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahrma View Post
Quote:

Send him HERE!

Encourage him to get training! Aside from wearing proper gear, it's about the best thing one can do to better their chances on the road.

The class fees may sound expensive, but there are a lot of advantages. Learning on your own can be much more expensive . Bikes are provided - better to find out what you don't know on someone else's bike than to drop your new pride'n joy! In many states, passing a BRC (Basic Ridercourse) will get you out of the riding portion of your motorcycle endorsement test. If he bought new, several motorcycle manufacturers (and some dealerships) provide incentives for taking a course. Getting your completion card may also lower your insurance rates. Tell him to check it out!
When my brother finds a new interest, he does it all the way. I'm sure he's preparing himself best as he can, but I'm still sending him the link.
Much thanks, Kahrma

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General