Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM

Captain_Gerbil Woo who?
Question concerning Special glyphs from base set

Hey all, I'm new to the forums and to Heroscape (just bought the Marvel and Base set last weekend as well as the extra packs of Orcs and some Heroes).

My friends and I have been playing the hell out of the game (and it is so fun), and we have run into some questions on how the special Glyphs work, as in the Glyph of Kelda (Healer), Glyph of Erland (Summoning), and Glyph of Mitonsoul (Massive Curse). The way we used to sort of interpret them is that they can be used infinitely for the whole game, as we have not seen or may have skimmed over rulings as how these glyphs actually work.

One of the house rules we have started, to combat this (seems like it will ruin fun if someone has a teleport rune near a heal rune to slowly pick off another persons army) is that once the glyph has been turned face up, each team, or person playing, may activate the special glyph once for the duration of the game, so as to prevent exploiting heal runes plus teleport runes.

So my question is, how do you guys/gals in the forums interpret the use of these unique glyphs? Is there a more official ruling I have overlooked either on the forums or the manual?

Thanks, I'm on work lunch break at the moment, so I should be able to recheck this before I leave work
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:02 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Those 3 glyphs are all temporary glyphs.

The moment they are used, they are removed from the game.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:04 PM

Captain_Gerbil Woo who?
is that referenced in the rulebook so I have something to show my roommates?
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:07 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Yes, page 15.

I'm not sure how you missed it the first time.

They are explained in 2 sections. Permanent and Temporary glyphs.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:10 PM

Captain_Gerbil Woo who?
alright thanks a ton, i'll be sure to check out the rule book when i get home
Old August 10th, 2007, 03:15 PM

Bazooka has disabled reputation
This was one of our first houserules

Playing with unrevealed glyphs:Glyph of Sturla or Kelda was not immediately activated when a figure ended its movement on it, revealing the glyph for the first time. Once it was revealed activate the glyph per the rules.

I think this was borne of the my group of regular players preferring chances for longer games.

Myself, I prefer the boobytrap-goodness of glyphs like Mitonsoul,Erland and Rannveig. "waste of healing" be damned

Old August 10th, 2007, 03:24 PM

Captain_Gerbil Woo who?
lol funny pic too. Thanks, we have it where units that trigger the heal rune and are not able to be healed (they have 1 life point), they don't trigger the ability, so it sits there.
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Gerbil
lol funny pic too. Thanks, we have it where units that trigger the heal rune and are not able to be healed (they have 1 life point), they don't trigger the ability, so it sits there.
2nd ed. rules, p. 15:

Glyph of Kelda (Healer)
Only figures with one or more Wound Markers may stop on this Glyph. ...This glyph cannot be placed symbol-side up in any scenario you may create.

(That means you always know what it is before you step on it.)
Old August 10th, 2007, 06:18 PM

Xaqery is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka
OMG that is very funny!

Reality is the fantasy of the majority
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:06 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka

Bazooka, you are now King.

Old August 16th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, Captain_Gerbil!

On behalf of our teleporting and healing community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, whistling the theme of Mission Glyphpossible

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's