Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 12th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Glyph of Fear Gas Canister - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Other potential issues with the Glyph idea.

If he carries 6, how many does he lose when he takes a wound?

If he can carry 6 Glyphs at the beginning of the game, is he able to carry 6 total Glyphs, meaning after he uses one or more, he can go pick up different Glyphs?

Just things to consider . . .
I think you missed the part where I suggested that they be Permanent Glyphs, like Temporal Markers.

After a few hours, his is what GP and I came up with on Skype, and I think it is perfect and ready to go personally.

GLYPH OF FEAR GAS CANISTER
(Fear Effect)
PERMANENT GLYPH

All figures within 2 spaces of Glyph of Fear Gas Canister roll 1 fewer attack and defense die. Androids and figures with the Insane personality are not affected by Glyph of Fear Gas Canister. At the end of each round remove all Glyphs of Fear Gas Canister from the battlefield.

-------------------------------------

NAME = SCARECROW
SECRET IDENTITY = JONATHAN CRANE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 150

FEAR GAS MARKER 6
Start the game with 6 Glyphs of Fear Gas Canister on this card. After moving and before attacking, you may place up to one Glyph of Fear Gas Canister from this card power-side up on an empty space within 4 spaces of Scarecrow. Any figure within 2 spaces of a Glyph of Fear Gas Canister rolls 1 fewer attack and defense die against Scarecrow. Figures with the Insane Personality and Androids are not affected by Fear Gas Marker 6.

FIGHT OR FRIGHT
Immediately after any opponent's numbered Order Marker is revealed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, all figures within 2 spaces of a Glyph of Fear Gas Canister may not move, attack, or use any special power this turn. You may then choose a figure adjacent to one affected figure to receive one wound. Figures with the Insane Personality and Androids are not affected by Fight or Fright.
Old March 12th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That title for Fear Gas Marker 6 doesn't make any sense ... I'm guessing that's a hold over from a previous version. Just "Fear Gas" works fine, IMO.
I'd be in favor of deleting the last two lines from that power as well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 12th, 2011, 01:46 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

I really think an equipment glyph that is "on" all the time (aura like Kryptonite), can work if he has just one glyph of Fear Gas Canister. If it is negatively affecting your own figures too it will stay balanced in how it's used and where you place Scarecrow on the board. Included on the glyph will be be the ability to throw it.

I know you guys didn't like the idea of Scarecrow getting a Fear Gas Canister returned to his card, but for practical purpouses it works. He can start the game with just one glyph and so stacking auras won't be an issue. The theme of a glyph returning to him doesn't have to be a refill of the old used canister, but rather him having a stock of more canisters on him.

-------------------------------------------------------

Glyph of Fear Gas Canister
(Reduced Attack)
Equipment Glyph

All figures within 2 spaces of Glyph of Fear Gas Canister roll 2 fewer attack dice. Androids and figures with the Insane personality are not affected by Glyph of Fear Gas Canister. After moving and before attacking, a figure equipped with Glyph of Fear Gas Canister may place it power-side up on any empty space within 5 spaces. Only figures with the Insane Personality may equip Fear Gas Canister. At the end of each round remove all Glyphs of Fear Gas Canister from the battlefield.

Scarecrow's powers

Fear Gas Supply
Scarecrow starts the game with Glyph of Fear Gas Canister on this card. At the beginning of each round, if Glyph of Fear Gas Canister is not on this card, place it on this card.

Fight Or Fright
Figures affected by Glyph of Fear Gas Canister roll 2 fewer defense dice against Scarecrow. After attacking with Scarecrow you may choose up to 3 different small or medium figures affected by Glyph of Fear Gas Canister within clear sight of Scarecrow. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure. If the chosen figure is a common figure and you roll 11 or higher, or a Unique figure and you roll 16 or higher the chosen figure receives a wound and you may randomly remove an Order Marker from the chosen figure's Army Card.

Playing him in some heavy hitter match ups with 6 permanent glyphs it feels wrong to be able to douse the entire board in Fear Gas in a single round and you have to start doing math to add up which auras are stacking and affecting which figures. I definitely like the glyph mechanic of him, but think he should only get one and have it be an equipment glyph. Having it as an aura while equipped on Scarecrow gives him some protection against melee attacks while he has it equipped, but it gives you the option to decide if and when you want to throw the Fear Gas Canister at your opponent to proactively reduce their stats or assault them. I also created a different version of Fight Or Fright for you to consider. It would allow Scarecrow to proactively prey on his victims rather than reactively wait for them to reveal OM's.

There is a lot of changes going on here, but I've tested the version we had and this new version some and think this latest one will work.
Old March 12th, 2011, 01:54 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's a little confusing right now ... the glyph's power is activated even while it's equipped, right? Is it activated when it's not equipped and is on the battlefield? If it's active when it's equipped, why would you ever want to "throw" it on to the battlefield?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 12th, 2011, 02:12 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

You could throw it to get first strike on your opponent.
Old March 12th, 2011, 02:16 PM

Are power side up Equipment Glyphs considered activated by the Equipment Glyph rules, though?
More and more, I think I'm preferring it as a permanent glyph that you have to place on the battlefield to activate ... but permanent or equipment, we'd need to have text letting people know the glyph is activated whether it's occupied or not.
I'm starting to think that we should revert back to my last suggestion with the markers and scrap this glyph idea ...

Old March 12th, 2011, 03:27 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

The write up I posted is tight as hell... I see no reason to change it honestly, and that has nothing to do with the fact I posted.... I posted it because it is tight. The "Marker" power is based on Chronos and Kang, and the Fight or Fright power is based on Spider-Girl who had similar problems. I just mimicked already set precedents that have proven to work for us.... I prefer post #13 over any other direction x10, and I playtested the original version, which I did in fact like, but post #13 is infinitely better. It is clearly based on our already set precedents and standards, and I am starting to lose any interest in this design if we continue to beat around the bush any longer. Clearly, IMO, post #13 IS a C3G design.
Old March 12th, 2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Are power side up Equipment Glyphs considered activated by the Equipment Glyph rules, though?
More and more, I think I'm preferring it as a permanent glyph that you have to place on the battlefield to activate ... but permanent or equipment, we'd need to have text letting people know the glyph is activated whether it's occupied or not.
I'm starting to think that we should revert back to my last suggestion with the markers and scrap this glyph idea ...
The glyph of Green Kryptonite works while equipped and on the battlefield. This wording could be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
The write up I posted is tight as hell... I see no reason to change it honestly, and that has nothing to do with the fact I posted.... I posted it because it is tight. The "Marker" power is based on Chronos and Kang, and the Fight or Fright power is based on Spider-Girl who had similar problems. I just mimicked already set precedents that have proven to work for us.... I prefer post #13 over any other direction x10, and I playtested the original version, which I did in fact like, but post #13 is infinitely better. It is clearly based on our already set precedents and standards, and I am starting to lose any interest in this design if we continue to beat around the bush any longer. Clearly, IMO, post #13 IS a C3G design.
I sincerely appreciate all the help you've given me with this design. When testing it on the battlefield having 6 glyphs felt clunky and the ability to stack is nuts.

I really like the idea of a Fear Gas Canister being equipment, more so than the Temporal Displacement Glyph - because it's an item. I agree we can do whatever type of glyph we want, but I think this one should be an equipment glyph and only be a quantity of one on Scarecrow.

For now let's set aside any powers Scarecrow has that interact with the glyph and just focus on the glyph itself. What i posted for the glyph is also based almost completely on existing C3G design precedents:
Kryptonite Glyph - area effect while equipped or on the board
Smilex Glyph - only equipped by Insane figures
Temporal Marker - a figure placing the glyph on the board

The only new mechanic would be the removal of the glyph at the end of the round. This would help to relay the theme of the gas dissipating and also keep it in check for other insane figures who could equip/use the glyph.
Old March 12th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

You can't just have a glyph on the battlefield and have it affect units though. Glyphs, per the rules of the game, have to be occupied to be active.
Old March 12th, 2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
You can't just have a glyph on the battlefield and have it affect units though. Glyphs, per the rules of the game, have to be occupied to be active.
Have you read the Glyph of Kryptonite?
Old March 12th, 2011, 04:45 PM

With the Green Kryptonite wording

Glyph of Fear Gas Canister
(Reduced Attack)
Equipment Glyph

Any figure within 2 spaces of this Glyph, or a figure equipped with this Glyph, rolls 2 fewer attack dice. Androids and figures with the Insane personality are not affected by this Glyph. Only figures with the Insane Personality may equip this Glyph. After moving and before attacking, a figure equipped with this Glyph may place it power-side up on any empty space within 5 spaces. At the end of each round remove all Glyphs of Fear Gas Canister from play.
Old March 12th, 2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Rules are meant to be broken though, special powers are simply powers/rules that break the normal rules of the game, like disengage.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library