Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 7th, 2011, 07:59 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Hawkeye - Design Phase

Thanks guys! We don't get a rain here (and with the wildfires we could really use it!) but I got a Brain Shower! (not potent enough to be a storm )

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:35 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Good stuff Spidey

My next question for the glyph route was going to be, if Green Arrow snagged that glyph could he stack the glyph effect on top of his Trick Shot.
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Good stuff Spidey

My next question for the glyph route was going to be, if Green Arrow snagged that glyph could he stack the glyph effect on top of his Trick Shot.
Yeah, that's one of the things that concerned me with the glyph is that unless each arrow was a special attack on the glyph, it would have different affects for different Archers based on their base attack and range. The other Archers already have their niche special bow attacks and if they could equip with this glyph too, it would diminish the value of Hawkeye for sure. I mean you could have Hawkeye and both GA's in your army and put final wound on Hawkeye just to get the glyph on either GA. Now you are making either of these guys a whole lot better than Hawkeye was with the same glyph and that wouldn't seem right to me.

I like the direction Spidey went with it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; September 7th, 2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:50 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

I think we all gravitated towards it because that's how you structured the power on Boomerang's write-up and seems to fit the bill here too.
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great call, Spidey. That's clearly the right direction. In a minute I'll post a take on altering some of the wording (for instance, I don't think the Grapple Arrow should require an Order Marker to work). Thanks for saving me the trouble of going the glyph route, though. I'm OK losing the theme of the different power titles (though a bit sad to see them go). At least we're keeping the Grapple title, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 7th, 2011, 08:54 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks, David! Good call on needing to specify on the leaving engagement for the Grapple Arrow. I'll take a look at the Bat-Grapple text as well and see if there are any adjustments we can make.
This is getting shifted around a bit, though, so I'll probably send it out to you once we make a few adjustments.

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Hawkeye

Hey, you're now doing customs for M*A*S*H! Cool! Can't wait to see your write-up for Henry Blake. What? Oh, there's a superhero Hawkeye.

Never mind!

Close Combat Expert
Just like Green Arrow (Connor Hawke). Hey, I haven't played him in a game yet! I'm such a slacker!

Trick Arrows

One theme check I'd like to run by you: Would you want this ability to be available if Hawkeye is engaged to Major Hoolihan? For example, Acid Arrow would create 5 skulls if you rolled 3 skulls with 3 dice (3 from roll + 1 from Close Combat + 1 from Acid Arrow). There's no mechanical problem with allowing this with engaged figures, but I thought it'd be best to confirm it.

What I'm really digging about this design is you've presented four very good options, with each useful in specific situations.

Grapple Arm: I'm assuming he'll take leaving engagement strikes. This will give him a move of 10 in a turn in which he doesn't attack. This will, however, allow him to "teleport" through obstacles or into/from a castle. That might be a theme break. I do understand you're trying to keep text to a minimum, as there isn't enough room for the formal Grapple text you see in Batman (Bruce Wayne). One possibility might be to cut the grapple to 1 and use Sgt. Drake Alexander (RotV)'s Grapple Gun 25 as a guide, but that might be a theme break if he actually grapples farther. Drake II does Grapple 4

Acid Arrow: This is really cool. I love extra stuff when you roll something specific, such as a blank for Flash, or a skull for Harley Quinn. I could never make my Maul roll for Deathstalkers, though.

The other two are great as well, but are straightforward enough that I can't really add anything.

Final Thoughts

Very nice design. I like the options you've presented for Trick Arrows, though the necessary brevity in Grapple Arrow might create a teleport effect I've mentioned above.

Old September 7th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
I think we all gravitated towards it because that's how you structured the power on Boomerang's write-up and seems to fit the bill here too.
True enough, though after looking back at it just a bit ago to update the legacy text, I realized I didn't have specific Boomerang Types listed, like Shatterang for the exploding first one or Screamerang for the sonic second one. I kind of dig the specific names too, but I guess without the names, people can use their imagination as to which type of Boomerang or in this case Arrow was being used.

I have the first 26 or so West Coast Avengers issues where Hawkeye is the Chairman, I also have a couple different solo series of Hawkeye, a series with him and Black Widow, and a couple different series with him and Mockingbird. Needless to say, he's one of my favorite characters in comics and I've seen him use a ton of different arrows, so I can imagine all kinds of ones he's using without the specific names on the powers.

He also uses them in melee combat sometimes as he has compartments in his tunic with different specialized arrowheads. In fact, I was just reading an issue where he was sparring with Steve Rodgers (new one using his phonic shield) and they were doing well against each other when all of a sudden with Steve in front of him, a shield hits Hawkeye in the back. It ended up being Captain America (Bucky) throwing the shield and he and Steve were getting a kick out of it. So when Cap (Bucky) offered Hawkeye a hand to get up, he offered his bionic hand/arm and Hawkeye had snuck an electric arrowhead into his hand and jabbed Cap (Bucky) with it and kind of gave him a nice jolt and knocked him on his butt. He got a laugh at that.

Last edited by Hahma; September 7th, 2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old September 7th, 2011, 09:17 PM

OK, this is where I'm at. Please let me know if there should be any changes before I update the SP:

NAME = HAWKEYE
SECRET IDENTITY = CLINT BARTON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = PRECISE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 9
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 150?

GRAPPLE ARROW
Once per turn, instead of moving or instead of attacking, you may use Hawkeye’s Grapple Arrow. Choose an unoccupied space within 4 spaces of Hawkeye and no more than 25 levels above or below his height. You may place Hawkeye on the chosen space. When Hawkeye uses Grapple Arrow, he takes leaving engagement attacks.

CLOSE COMBAT EXPERT
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

TRICK ARROWS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 8. Attack 3 + Special.
Trick Arrows Special Attack can only be used to attack non-adjacent figures. Before attacking with this special attack, choose one of the following effects:
•Choose up to two figures adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by this attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
•The defending figure subtracts 1 from its defense dice; or
•If you roll a skull on every die, add 1 automatic skull to this attack.

Old September 7th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

I like it

Old September 7th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Looks good Bats. I like this direction.
Old September 7th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I am liking it a lot, though I much prefer him to be an actual Archer than Agent. I know he is both, but compare how many Agent options we will have for the scope of the project to Archer options. Maybe the flying scooter Hawkeye could be an Agent.
Old September 7th, 2011, 10:22 PM

I much prefer Agent. We can go with a poll, if you like.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library