Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old August 25th, 2007, 11:15 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think a geek movie can have both the wow factor as well as great plot and character as Batman Begins so ably proved.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
There's one thing I'm sure of for this movie - if it suceeds, a crossover with Transformers WILL happen. It's not even a question. And that would actually be kinda cool.

And yes, I have seen Back to the Future. The first one, not the sequels.
Old August 25th, 2007, 12:00 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
There's one thing I'm sure of for this movie - if it suceeds, a crossover with Transformers WILL happen. It's not even a question. And that would actually be kinda cool.

Hmm... Alright, maybe a MODERN cave...

FINISH HIM!
Old August 25th, 2007, 03:24 PM

jaques has disabled reputation
It's sad to hear all you whippersnappers talking about the '80s cartoon and whether it will be faithfully adapted ...

Now, if they were making a movie about the 1970s "Adventure Team" G.I.Joe, that would be rockin'!
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:19 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
I've been a GI Joe fan and collector since 1982. I have the aircraft carrier and everything.

I'll go see this on opening night, no matter what... EXCEPT for one big issue. And there's already a rumor that it might be true.

To me, GI JOE is "a real American hero." That's the theme song, that's the focal point, that's the whole thing. But there's already a rumor that the movie won't be. Instead of an American anti-terrorist team, it'll be some international nonsense based in BRUSSELS, of all places.

That's the one issue that could keep me away from the theater...
Old August 26th, 2007, 12:01 AM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod
I've been a GI Joe fan and collector since 1982. I have the aircraft carrier and everything.

I'll go see this on opening night, no matter what... EXCEPT for one big issue. And there's already a rumor that it might be true.

To me, GI JOE is "a real American hero." That's the theme song, that's the focal point, that's the whole thing. But there's already a rumor that the movie won't be. Instead of an American anti-terrorist team, it'll be some international nonsense based in BRUSSELS, of all places.

That's the one issue that could keep me away from the theater...
I totally agree with you. The G.I.Joe's from the 70's were just Ken dolls in camo.

Old August 26th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
It will be based in the NATO headquarters, which is in Brussels.

I read somewhere that the team will be MOSTLY American, but with some foreign help. I mean, would it hurt for the ninja to actually be, you know, Japanese?
Old August 26th, 2007, 12:43 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
The Ninja IS Japanese! Except the American one, who TRAINED in Japan with ANOTHER Ninja, who works for Cobra but is STILL Japanese.

- ah, the silliness.

G.I. Joe rocks.
Old August 26th, 2007, 12:49 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Say Finrod, have you seen the new 25th anniversary collection Joes? They're pretty cool.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:45 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I hope that they do make the movie for the original geneartion of fans....if they make a kiddie movie I'll be really dissapointed. Any 80's cartoon being made into a movie needs to have aged with its fans. I think Transformers did that to an extent without sacrificing kid-friendliness. Hopefully GI Joe will do the same.

I want to see Destro and the Baroness and Duke and Scarlett and Snake Eyes and Stormshadow.

I'd love to see Eva Green play the Baroness.
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:28 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
Say Finrod, have you seen the new 25th anniversary collection Joes? They're pretty cool.
Which ones? The five packs, which are on my dresser at home?

Or the single pack figures, which are looking down at me from the top of m desk here at the office?
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:05 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139

You need to see the sequels. The great thing about the Back to the Future movies is how great they integrated all three movies into one story and how detail-oriented the movies are. Each part has it's own pros and cons, but they all fit together well.

Part one is a great movie about time travel and about how you can change the past to change the future.

Part two is just a wacky story about time paradoxes and alternate timelines and really exploits the time machine to the fullest.

Part three is a pretty fun western and makes a nice epilogue for the whole trilogy.

I really recommend renting the lot and watching them over three consecutive nights.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media