Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 21st, 2015, 10:22 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Jackal

EPB

(1) Wave Title - I was basing the "Sidekick Sanctum Exclusive 2" on the prior Sidekick release, but it may be named "Sidekick Wave 1". Also, I'm not certain what'll be used for the subtitle of the entire release.

This will need to be determined before release and updated on all the Books. I'll simply state "Wave Title undetermined" in all future EPB scans.

(2) Not certain if it's just me, but Initial playtest/Fifth playtest links don't go anywhere when I click on them. Here they are:

Initial playtest: Karat (you'll want to preserve red comment, though you might want to correct spelling of "unblockable")

Fifth playtest: Tornado

(3) Cellular Degeneration: "after taking a turn with Jackal's Experiment"

It's entirely possible for you to choose an opponent's Hero to be Jackal's experiment. Does the quoted wording only apply to when you (person who controls Jackal) takes a turn with the Experiment, or does it also apply to when the opponent takes a turn with it?

"at the end of each round, place one Wound Marker" would seem to apply regardless who controls the Experiment.

Also in both cases, these conditions will be triggered even before the Experiment is initially destroyed in battle (before it gets Cloned).

Spoilers

Old January 22nd, 2015, 01:07 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

The figure becomes an experiment by you taking control of it and its card, but yeah, it would be whenever anyone takes a turn with the experiment.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 07:16 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
The figure becomes an experiment by you taking control of it and its card, but yeah, it would be whenever anyone takes a turn with the experiment.
Actually, the figure is considered an Experiment at the beginning of the game when you choose it, which could be one of your opponent's figures:

"At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Human, Mutate, or Clone Hero on the battlefield to be Jackal's Experiment."
Old January 22nd, 2015, 11:05 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

David brings up an excellent point. As currently written, the chosen unit takes wounds from the very beginning of the game, rather than only after the are cloned. I don't think that's the intention, and I know that's not the way I tested it.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 22nd, 2015, 11:48 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Perhaps:

EXPERIMENTAL CLONING 15
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Human, Mutate, or Clone Hero on the battlefield. Before placing Order Markers each round, if the chosen Hero is destroyed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the chosen Hero becomes Jackal's Experiment. Remove all Wound Markers from the chosen Hero’s Army Card and place the chosen Hero on any empty space adjacent to Jackal. You now control the chosen Hero, and it has the species of Clone instead of what is listed on its card.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 11:53 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

That would make it a lot more powerful as they would get to keep their class. The upper portion is golden though.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 11:57 AM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
That would make it a lot more powerful as they would get to keep their class. The upper portion is golden though.
They currently get to keep their Class. The power doesn't say anything about Class.

Old January 22nd, 2015, 12:00 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Perhaps:

EXPERIMENTAL CLONING 15
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Human, Mutate, or Clone Hero on the battlefield. Before placing Order Markers each round, if the chosen Hero is destroyed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the chosen Hero becomes Jackal's Experiment. Remove all Wound Markers from the chosen Hero’s Army Card and place the chosen Hero on any empty space adjacent to Jackal. You now control the chosen Hero, and it has the species of Clone instead of what is listed on its card.
Looks perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
They currently get to keep their Class. The power doesn't say anything about Class.
Yeah, it looks like the Class changing bit was removed along the way. I don't remember if it was intentional or not, but the passed version certainly doesn't have it.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 22nd, 2015, 02:02 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Yeah, it looks like the Class changing bit was removed along the way. I don't remember if it was intentional or not, but the passed version certainly doesn't have it.
Huh, must've missed that. That was the intention and how it was tested though, So that is how we should word it.

EXPERIMENTAL CLONING 15
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Human, Mutate, or Clone Hero on the battlefield. Before placing Order Markers each round, if the chosen Hero is destroyed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, remove all Wound Markers from the chosen Hero’s Army Card and place the chosen Hero on any empty space adjacent to Jackal. You now control the chosen Hero, and it has the species of Clone and class of Experiment instead of what is listed on its card.

Shortens it a hair too. If everyone is alright with this wording I'll update the SP.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 05:34 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Actually, looking back through the thread, the last three reports were with the version currently in the SP, meaning at least some of the testing was done with it not altering class. Personally, I still like david's suggestion best.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 22nd, 2015, 06:06 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Let's ask and see how they played it. I played it as though it changed the class. I'll ask Hidicul when I see him later, which just leaves hiw @TrollBrute played it.

Last edited by Karat; January 22nd, 2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:29 PM

I didn't have it change the class, but it didn't matter for any of my games.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library