Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 12th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Thor (Avengers)

The Book of Thor (Avengers)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 43
EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor set.
Its model number and name are #016 / Thor.
Its model number and name are #105 / Thor, the Reigning.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor: Warriors of Asgard Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #005 / Thor.

NOTE: Thor requires 1x Glyph of Mjolnir

Character Bio - Thor joined the group of heroes that would be come to known as the Avengers during their first mission in order to combat his villainous brother Loki. Over the years, Thor has proven to be one of the mightiest of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Does Thor start the game with the Glyph Of Mjolnir on his card?
    A: No. The Glyph of Mjolnir only appears in the game once Thor is destroyed.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; February 11th, 2022 at 04:52 PM.
Old February 12th, 2021, 03:04 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Thor (Avengers) (Hammer Time)

NAME = THOR
SECRET IDENTITY = THOR ODINSON

SPECIES = ASGARDIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 8

POINTS = 440

AVENGING ASGARDIAN
At the start of the game, place a white Avenger Marker on the card of another Unique Hero you control. Once per player turn, after a friendly Unique Hero within clear sight of Thor with an Avenger Marker on its card receives 1 or more wounds or is destroyed by an enemy figure's attack or special power, you may immediately move Thor up to 6 spaces, as long as he ends his move adjacent to that enemy figure. If he does, roll 2 unblockable attack dice against that enemy figure.

THUNDERSTORM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
Thor may attack normally before using this special attack. You may only use this special attack if there are 4 or more Wound Markers on this card. Choose up to 4 figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Thor to be affected by this special attack, even if Thor is engaged. Figures occupying water spaces subtract 1 shield from whatever is rolled when rolling defense dice against this special attack.

HAMMER OF THOR
When attacking an adjacent figure with Thor's normal attack, add 4 to his Attack number. When Thor is destroyed, place a Glyph of Mjolnir on an empty space within 4 spaces of the space he previously occupied.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by MrNobody; April 18th, 2021 at 11:13 AM. Reason: FE wording update
Old February 12th, 2021, 03:05 PM
Just A Head

*snip*

Last edited by MrNobody; April 18th, 2021 at 09:32 AM. Reason: *snip*
Old February 12th, 2021, 03:05 PM
Just A Head

Comic Art
Spoiler Alert!

Mini Pics
Spoiler Alert!

Background
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; April 17th, 2021 at 02:25 PM.
Old February 12th, 2021, 03:13 PM
Just A Head

Incorporated the LCW feedback. Made him a Warrior for now, but if we can't get the Asgardian change through I want to switch him back to Champion.

Other changes I want to feel out before/during the initial;
-Having Thor unable to recall Mjolnir if an opponent's figure has it. This just makes sense to me, he can't call it back if someone else has equal sway over it. But if an allied Cap has it and Thor wants it back, I don't see any reason why Cap wouldn't oblige.
-Making Mjolnir Protection trigger on all attacks.
-Making it so every player has to pick a "Worthy" figure from their pool of Valiant figures. If the optimal strategy here is to draft only Valiant figures, I don't think that feels quite right.
Old February 12th, 2021, 03:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I know it would take up space and he can just have the hammer return to him whenever he wants, but it seems really weird to me that he would have the hammer knocked out of his hands when punched/shot. So if it fits, I'd want to see the 'can't lose this glyph from taking wounds' stuff added in.
Old February 12th, 2021, 03:15 PM
Just A Head

That makes sense. He doesn't usually lose it.
Old February 12th, 2021, 03:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Incorporated the LCW feedback. Made him a Warrior for now, but if we can't get the Asgardian change through I want to switch him back to Champion.

Other changes I want to feel out before/during the initial;
-Having Thor unable to recall Mjolnir if an opponent's figure has it. This just makes sense to me, he can't call it back if someone else has equal sway over it. But if an allied Cap has it and Thor wants it back, I don't see any reason why Cap wouldn't oblige.
-Making Mjolnir Protection trigger on all attacks.
-Making it so every player has to pick a "Worthy" figure from their pool of Valiant figures. If the optimal strategy here is to draft only Valiant figures, I don't think that feels quite right.

We've seen other figures pick up and swing Mjolnir, but only Thor can summon it right? It's bonded to him in a way it doesn't bond with random people it deems worthy. So summoning it right out of someone else's hands makes sense to me.
Old February 12th, 2021, 03:22 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
We've seen other figures pick up and swing Mjolnir, but only Thor can summon it right? It's bonded to him in a way it doesn't bond with random people it deems worthy. So summoning it right out of someone else's hands makes sense to me.
Pretty sure Bill and Jane have that level of control over it too, and then there's also mirror matches to consider where you have 2 Thors yanking the hammers out of each other's hands.
Old February 12th, 2021, 03:27 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Feels a bit odd how similar his first power is to Black Widow’s. Would prefer something more unique.

I think he should be able to call Mjolnir back after moving, rather than having to give up his movement. Secondly, I’d like to see a mechanic that has you actually choosing the path it takes to return to him, and rolling an unblockable for any enemy figures it moves through on its ways back. That would be much more visually/mechanically/thematically satisfying IMO.
Old February 12th, 2021, 03:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Couple of general thoughts since I wasn't part of the earlier discussion on him. The two different auto-wound powers associated with the Mjolnir seems a bit redundant to me. The last power I'm not sure exactly what is going on from a theme stand point. If the one that is part of the Hammer of Thor power is him throwing it, then that is where I would place the Mjolnir on the ground to later be recalled. If you went that route, then I'd consider dropping the last power for a lightning themed power (that is different than the previous one). If you are not interested in lighting powers for this card and want to gl all in on the hammer, I'd create a clearer picture of what the Mjolnir is doing there with the last power. In the Avengers game you can have Thor throw it at someone and pin them to the ground or up against a wall, that would be a neat thing to have here. So add in a can't move mechanic along with -2 reduced defense and now it paints a better picture for me as to what you are doing there.

PINNED BY MJOLNIR
Instead of moving, you may choose an opponent's figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Thor. If Mjolnir is on this card, you may immediately place Mjolnir on the same space as the choosen figure, then roll an unblockable attack die against it. As long as that figure shares a space with Mjolnir, it may not move or be moved normally, rolls 2 fewer defense dice when attacks, and rolls 1 fewer attack die when making an attack.
Old February 12th, 2021, 04:20 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Feels a bit odd how similar his first power is to Black Widow’s. Would prefer something more unique.
I'll admit to being a bit frustrated - this draft existed quite a bit before BW did, and when Bats wrote up BW I mentioned a similar concern and was told the two could totally coexist, now it feels like everyone wants to change this one. Can't be too mad, since Bats did get his design done first, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a tad frustrating. If anyone has ideas for an alternative, I guess I'm open to it.

Thor's role in the Avengers (especially modern stuff) to me is the Big Damn Hero Calvary. He comes in when things are looking dire and turns the tides, so that's the feeling I'm trying to hit. The first version of this draft even reused Raiden's Thunder God, but that was just too much going on in one design.

Quote:
I think he should be able to call Mjolnir back after moving, rather than having to give up his movement. Secondly, I’d like to see a mechanic that has you actually choosing the path it takes to return to him, and rolling an unblockable for any enemy figures it moves through on its ways back. That would be much more visually/mechanically/thematically satisfying IMO.
That could be cool. Lot of power, especially if it's after moving and he can call it back from any range, but it's Thor - a lot of power feels fine. Could make a fun pairing with Hulk as well; throw the enemies so they're in a line, then have Mjolnir go through all of them at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Couple of general thoughts since I wasn't part of the earlier discussion on him. The two different auto-wound powers associated with the Mjolnir seems a bit redundant to me. The last power I'm not sure exactly what is going on from a theme stand point. If the one that is part of the Hammer of Thor power is him throwing it, then that is where I would place the Mjolnir on the ground to later be recalled. If you went that route, then I'd consider dropping the last power for a lightning themed power (that is different than the previous one). If you are not interested in lighting powers for this card and want to gl all in on the hammer, I'd create a clearer picture of what the Mjolnir is doing there with the last power. In the Avengers game you can have Thor throw it at someone and pin them to the ground or up against a wall, that would be a neat thing to have here. So add in a can't move mechanic along with -2 reduced defense and now it paints a better picture for me as to what you are doing there.

PINNED BY MJOLNIR
Instead of moving, you may choose an opponent's figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Thor. If Mjolnir is on this card, you may immediately place Mjolnir on the same space as the choosen figure, then roll an unblockable attack die against it. As long as that figure shares a space with Mjolnir, it may not move or be moved normally, rolls 2 fewer defense dice when attacks, and rolls 1 fewer attack die when making an attack.
The unblockable in Hammer of Thor is meant to be lightning, hence him not "throwing" the hammer when he does it. I think I had an Electrically Charged immunity in there, but we've been mostly consistent that magical lightning gets around that. Could make it 2 unblockables if the chosen figure is in water, to sell the electricity theme better?

Unstoppable "no movement" sounds incredibly rough, especially against melee figures. Just pin down Thing and your ranged allies can blast away at him to their heart's content. It sounds like that would create a lot of unwinnable games in different scenarios. Something in the same vein could be cool though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library