Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 8th, 2010, 04:32 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Re: BattleBall

Here are some pictures of my Battle Ball figures converted for Heroscape--as well as some Havok figures--both games I believe were by the same game developer and I believe Hasbro should still own the rights and molds for both game. I think all of these would be great for Vydar units--as well as any other Alpha Prime type characters for Jandar and Utgar. I believe Havok had some miniatures that could really work well for Vydar Kyries...I'll have to look for a picture.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; August 8th, 2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old August 21st, 2010, 07:38 PM

Games R Us is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

battle ball looks cool but whats it about
Old August 21st, 2010, 09:16 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just got Battleball this week. The wife is 3-0 against me. I've only managed to score 1 time in all three games.

Dice hate me.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 21st, 2010, 09:21 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games R Us View Post
It's like a very simplified, quick-and-dirty version of Blood Bowl. Sort of a football game.

Just for fun, here's a Marro battleball team I made:

Old August 21st, 2010, 09:39 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games R Us View Post
I can't recommend Boardgamegeek.com enough. You can find virtually anything there.

Here's all you need to know about Battle Ball. Trust me when I tell you, it's one of the most frustrating games ever.
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6795/battleball

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 27th, 2010, 01:05 AM

Shingotink is surprisingly tart
Question Re: BattleBall

I just got the game today.

I played 2 games with my nephew (1 Basic and 1 Advanced).
I won both

I was confused on one rule though, maybe someone can clear it up. The rules for Serious Injury state
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBall Rulebook
If a player rolls a "1" during a tackle roll, the tackled player is seriously injured
Does this mean if I am using a Heavy Tackle and I roll a 3 on one die and a 1 on the other that my tackle is seriously injured, even if my opponent rolled a 4+? Or can I choose the 3 and win the roll and save my player?

This did come up and I chose to destroy him since I did technically "roll a 1" as stated in the rules.

Also I am reading up on Mr. Bistro's rules and will likely give them a try this weekend.
Old August 27th, 2010, 02:35 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

Oops... looks like you got that backwards.

When tackling, it is the lower number that wins the tackle. The higher number gets removed from play. So when your Heavy Tackle rolled 1/3, you would choose the 1 for your roll and your opponent (who rolled anything but a 1) is seriously injured and is removed from the game.

Runningbacks are great for movement and passing, but crap when tackling. It's the Tackles who are slow, lumbering monsters that your opponent doesn't want to face, (or you either when you have the ball).

The most frusterating tactic that I have used and abused is to send the Runningback out to get the ball as soon as possable, and then run back behind the rest of my team. Then let my Tackles and Linemen cover the field and destroy whomever gets close. Then when there is a decent enough break in my opponents line, run and pass with the RB's like there is no tomorrow. If I don't roll high enough for movement, I don't make a break for it. This very rarely fails to work, and has always made for an angry opponent.

We've decided to incorperate some Scape rules to make the game more interesting. Order markers, Rounds (5-15 rounds per Quarter scoring points, instead of 3 Halfs of one point each), Squad play. It's made the game much better.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:43 PM

Shingotink is surprisingly tart
Thumbs up Re: BattleBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgophlats View Post
Oops... looks like you got that backwards.

When tackling, it is the lower number that wins the tackle. The higher number gets removed from play. So when your Heavy Tackle rolled 1/3, you would choose the 1 for your roll and your opponent (who rolled anything but a 1) is seriously injured and is removed from the game.

Runningbacks are great for movement and passing, but crap when tackling. It's the Tackles who are slow, lumbering monsters that your opponent doesn't want to face, (or you either when you have the ball).

The most frusterating tactic that I have used and abused is to send the Runningback out to get the ball as soon as possable, and then run back behind the rest of my team. Then let my Tackles and Linemen cover the field and destroy whomever gets close. Then when there is a decent enough break in my opponents line, run and pass with the RB's like there is no tomorrow. If I don't roll high enough for movement, I don't make a break for it. This very rarely fails to work, and has always made for an angry opponent.

We've decided to incorperate some Scape rules to make the game more interesting. Order markers, Rounds (5-15 rounds per Quarter scoring points, instead of 3 Halfs of one point each), Squad play. It's made the game much better.
wow I totally misread that rule, yeah that makes much more sense
Old September 4th, 2010, 11:37 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just for fun, thought I'd share some Gladiatrons I made using Battleball figures.

Old September 5th, 2010, 02:57 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Just for fun, thought I'd share some Gladiatrons I made using Battleball figures.

I like those customs, they're pretty cool, and they look close to official--especially with the introduction of the newer style smaller bases (the Battle Ball bases are still a tad-bit-bigger the the new "official" bases).

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:30 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I've owned Battle ball for about two years now, and finally started playing it for the first time last week. I like your idea of order markers and setting an amount of turns per quarter.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old September 15th, 2010, 02:22 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Quote:
I've owned Battle ball for about two years now, and finally started playing it for the first time last week. I like your idea of order markers and setting an amount of turns per quarter.
Tell us how it was. Better or Worse than the official rules?

Maybe we should all decide on a new rule list for this game? They said they would have more teams, but that never happened. Maybe we could make a few from HS figures with ablilities specific to BB.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games