Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 11th, 2014, 08:54 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Post

Wow, thanks for all the info. Like I said I only know Sam from the cartoon and he has the act on his own tendencies but he does do the lift often. As far as power range what cost should I be aiming for to match up with the comic. Is 160 still appropriate?

I like the idea of a crash power. I'll work on that.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 11th, 2014, 08:57 PM

bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker

Didn't want this guy to be forgotten. I looked some more information to share to come try and come up with another power to help break the comparison between Superman II.

Weaknesses

Due to the fact Prime comes from another dimension the Kryptonite of New Earth has no effect on him. Also the reality-altering powers of 5th Dimension Imps does not seem to work on him. Originally, Prime was entirely resistant to Kryptonite because in his world Krypton was consumed by Rao, it's Sun, and thus Kryptonite never came to be in his reality making the weakness non-existent.Recently however while in the "Threeboot" L.O.S.H.'s version of The 31st Century, he was actually poisoned with a large abundance of Kryptonite Radiation, the reason for this is unknown but it has been hinted that the "Threeboot" version of The 31st Century may actually be a reconstituted version of Earth-Prime.Prior to this his only weakness was Red Sunlight like the other Supermen. Unlike the other Supermen however Prime is completely resistant to magic as shown when he said that it only tickled when Black Adam punched him multiple times with magic-enhanced strikes and also when the 31st Century version of Mordu the Mystical blasted him with a mystical attack.Aside from those weaknesses Prime has many psychological phobias such as a fear of the dark due to the fact that it saps his cells of sunlight and an irrational fear of speedsters that has been deemed "Flash-Phobia", primarily because it was The Flash Family who imprisoned him in The Speed Force and then left him to rot under a Red Sun for approximately four years (Time in The Speed Force runs faster than on Earth.)Prime is also afraid of being forgotten now that he has learned that in The 31st Century, everything he did during both Infinite Crisis and The Sinestro Corps War was incorrectly documented (i.e., Prime was supposedly defeated single-handedly by Kid Flash, Conner Kent and Sodam Yat during his fights with them) and that he has been considered only as having been minor annoyance to Superman whose place in History matters so little that his statue in the Hall of Villains at the Superman Museum was put in a closet and was about to be thrown into a real storage locker once the statue of the villain called Neutron had finished getting it's new paint job.
Old September 11th, 2014, 09:05 PM

bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker

Powers & Abilities

Superboy-Prime possessed just about the same powers as his counterpart Superman although they appear to be more powerful due to his insanity. Superboy-Prime's power levels are reminiscent of the powerful Silver Age Superman, accomplishing such feats as overpowering two Supermen, punching planets with ease and defeating or killing many other DC heroes. Superboy-Prime also wears a yellow sun powered suit of armor to further enhance his power. His body is currently not energized with energy from a Guardian of The Universe, as he had used up his energy during his fight with Monarch.nd a couple other powers

Energy Absorbing

Prime like any Superman absorbs different forms of radiation and draws power from yellow sunlight, but appears to absorb it back faster and reach full power sooner. He has also been able to absorb the energy from a Guardian of The Universe and used it to increase his age, but only temporally.
Old September 11th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Wow, thanks for all the info. Like I said I only know Sam from the cartoon and he has the act on his own tendencies but he does do the lift often. As far as power range what cost should I be aiming for to match up with the comic. Is 160 still appropriate?

I like the idea of a crash power. I'll work on that.
100s is definitely appropriate for the both of them. Sam on the higher end (150-200), with Ava on the lower (100-150).
Old September 12th, 2014, 12:13 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbush7690 View Post
Didn't want this guy to be forgotten. I looked some more information to share to come try and come up with another power to help break the comparison between Superman II.

I posted this in the Sidekick Sanctum for him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
EMOTIONAL EXPLOSION
When another figure you control inflicts one or more wounds on an enemy figure within 6 clear sight spaces, Superboy Prime must move adjacent to the enemy figure, if possible, and attack all figures adjacent to Superboy Prime.

(It is optional to scream in a petulant voice, "I'm the hero!" as Superboy Prime attacks each figure.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 12th, 2014, 09:44 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think some sort of "crash collision" power is a necessity, though, as his general mode of transportation and biggest feature is moving super SUPER fast and either leaving a huge crater upon landing or just straight crashing into an enemy. Some sort of "deal damage upon engaging a figure, extra damage if you use Sonic Flying" would be cool.
This was actually trickier than I thought. I looked at other moving engaging powers such as Rhino, Black Knight, and Juggernaut but they were all increases in attack and since Sonic Flying does not allow attacking when used it would cancel out your last comment above. A variation of Rhino Charge would have been nice since it has the chance of causing a wound on Nova as well but again no Sonic Flying so I went this route.

CRASH COLLISION 14
After moving at least 3 spaces with his Flying special power if Nova is engaged with one or more figures or destructible objects he may choose Crash Collision 14. If he chooses to Crash Collision 14, Nova must immediately roll the 20-sided die once for each figure or destructible object he engaged. If you roll 14 or higher, that figure or destructible object receives one wound. If Nova moved using his Sonic Flying special power, figures and destructible objects receive one additional wound.

It's kind of wordy and it may not be worded right and I will work on it later but I basically want it so that it is all or nothing. So if he lands in the middle of a group and you choose to do Crash Collision all figures even friendly figures are hit. He either comes in gently or crashes in.

Also I didn't want it to work with a "move of 0 is still a move" and figured 3 spaces was a good distance to build up momentum.

Also I thought about adding in "instead of attacking" but didn't know if that would cancel out the Sonic Flying part.

I made it a numbered Power because I could definitely see some form of this getting reuse.

I also debated with myself going the roll 1 unblockable attack die (2 with sonic flying) route but if an engagement attack is still an attack would that cancel sonic flying bonus...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 12th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

That's exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about. I like the choice provided as is. You can move further and Crash, but then you can't attack. You can use Sonic Flying and Crash, getting a bonus wound, but then you can't attack. You can fly in and Crash AND attack, but then you don't get the extra auto-wound and you're engaged. Lots of options!
Old September 12th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

That's one heck of a crash landing! It's more damaging than Warworld. Would it make more sense to use a variant of Brit's Crash Landing?
Old September 12th, 2014, 12:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I would make it "if he began the move at least 4 spaces away from that figure or destructible object" to prevent crash landing from triggering on little back-and-forth movements.
Old September 12th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

What about something more like this?

CRASH COLLISION 14
After moving Nova with his flying special power, if he moved 4 or more spaces, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or Higher, all figures adjacent to Nova receive a wound and Nova may not attack this turn. If Nova used his Sonic Flying special power this turn, add 3 to your roll.
Old September 12th, 2014, 01:51 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

See, I see an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone here. I'd rewrite Sonic Flying into a new power called Blast Flying (that's basically how he and Cannonball do it), and then allow the interactions like Johnny talked about.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; September 12th, 2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old September 12th, 2014, 04:02 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
That's exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about. I like the choice provided as is. You can move further and Crash, but then you can't attack. You can use Sonic Flying and Crash, getting a bonus wound, but then you can't attack. You can fly in and Crash AND attack, but then you don't get the extra auto-wound and you're engaged. Lots of options!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I would make it "if he began the move at least 4 spaces away from that figure or destructible object" to prevent crash landing from triggering on little back-and-forth movements.
Great point. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
See, I see an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone here. I'd rewrite Sonic Flying into a new power called Blast Flying (that's basically how he an Cannonball do it), and then allow the interactions like Johnny talked about.
Interesting...I will need to think on that one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy