Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 16th, 2010, 01:25 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Proxies? - Image Intensive- Over 170 pictures

I use Battleground: Crossbows and Catapults for Knights and Heavy Orcs and for flag bearers. I bought it a couple of years ago on clearance for $10 and it comes with 8 knights, 8 orcs, and one hero of each, but it might be harder to find now. Also comes with good terrain to use as line of sight blockers. Discs that are used to shoot make great bases for the knights/ocs and make them equal height to official ones.

See threads:

Battleground: Crossbows and Catapults is back!
C.bows and Catapults making good customs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc View Post

AC w/the Orc Hero and the Knight Hero.
This is Orc/Knight heroes. Regular ones are smaller.
Old May 4th, 2010, 01:10 AM

Robert is surprisingly tart

I don't like the idea of proxies too much either but what I do like are some of the suggestions.

I think that the suggested Raelin Proxy is actually superior to the official Heroscape mold and I feel the same about Theracus.

I like it so much that I am going to look for them and replace my stock with the new ones and print new cards with the improved pictures. I may keep her spear though and just transfer that to over to the new one.
Old November 4th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Is it time to revive and update this thread?
Old November 5th, 2010, 08:59 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

It is. This thread, or one like it, is going to become more important as the years roll by and figs break, etc.

Perhaps we need to start a new thread like this, but with pics, web addresses, cost etc.

Especailly focussing on the 'hard to get' waves.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old November 13th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Is it time to revive and update this thread?
Working on it. I'm going to try to search out as much as possible and give options as well as a list of things to go along with them. Might even make replacement cards with new pictures for pseudo official proxies.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 13th, 2010, 10:02 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd like to make it so that Warforged could be used as proxies for Gladiatrons in tournaments. My Blastatrons are dying to be used.
Old November 13th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

After realizing I'd never be able to afford 3+ squads of Zombies and Shades, I found some figures that work just fine. Horrorclix has several Zombie characters.

For the shades, I found some Mage Knight phantoms and some Horrorclix Asylum Spirits. These I went ahead and painted, but the sculpts looked decent unpainted.

I renamed mine since I don't have any of the official ones, anyway.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:02 AM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Solid designs there Mac. Those will definitely go on the list.

Old November 21st, 2010, 02:18 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Lord of the Rings miniatures game has some great stand-ins. The scale is nearly identical to Scape, particularly if you rebase the figure. I've listed a few here, but there are many more that would work well for Orcs, Knights, Samurai, Elves, etc. See here for a comprehensive listing of figures with images:
http://home.messiah.edu/~gdaub/lotrtmg/

There is an eBay seller who sells these figures as singles at very reasonable prices, particularly figures from the Base Set (BS) and the Fellowship Set (FE). The later sets, Two Towers and Return of the King, are more rare because the company was apparently bought by GW who then shut down the product line because it competed with their own product line. So the RK figures, in particular, are quite expensive because not many were produced prior to the shut down. Go Go GW!

Aubrien Archers:

Figures are: FE 47/48/49, BS 94/95/96, BS 91/92/93.

Heavy Gruts:

Figure is: Orc Spearman, BS 16/17/18.

Hatamoto Taro or Sir Gilbert:

Figure is: Easterling Soldier, PR 65

Laglor:

Figure is: Haradrim Champion, TT 21/22/23.
Old December 1st, 2010, 06:25 PM

Just a couple tidbits to add to this thread before I restart a more expansive and definitive list of proxies.

.68 has come up with some great mods and repaints to work with very hard to come by units going forward. Certainly will be on the list of options for proxies.

Also want to reference Aeston's Before Heroscape thread as it has a few options that while they may be hard to find will be great for use as proxies.

Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:05 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

soon as I finish updating the guide was planning on revamping this list too, and splitting it by waves
If you want to merge our two list that would be great, or I can give you the script of this one if you wish to use it and add to it
Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:34 PM

Hey Rocktroll,

My objective was to make a somewhat "official" proxies list for use but I was also going to make a generalized list of overall options. One of my big concerns for proxies of course are the availability of the proxy figures. If a proxy is as hard to get or come by as the real thing it doesn't help much. That is taking some time and research to do. If you plan to keep this thread updated what we could do is reference each other's threads. Let me know what you think as I have said many times that keeping the game going will require proxying going forward and players will need all the help they can get.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion