Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old June 15th, 2016, 09:07 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: X-Wing

No, not really.

Although Dengar (Scum faction - Jumpmaster 5000 ship) has an ability that lets him shoot back at the attacker with his primary weapon once per round. That may be as close to counterstrike as there is.

Of course, MegaSilver will probably come in here and totally correct me and be like "well, rym, there's actually 5 ships that counterstrike...."

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old June 15th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
No, not really.

Although Dengar (Scum faction - Jumpmaster 5000 ship) has an ability that lets him shoot back at the attacker with his primary weapon once per round. That may be as close to counterstrike as there is.

Of course, MegaSilver will probably come in here and totally correct me and be like "well, rym, there's actually 5 ships that counterstrike...."
Dengar can only trigger his ability while he has them in his arc, but yes. And he's awesome like that.

But rym's right. No counterstriking in this game. Yet, anyway.
Old June 20th, 2016, 08:24 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
No, not really.

Dengar can only trigger his ability while he has them in his arc, but yes. And he's awesome like that.

Really, Mega, you didn't think of R5-P8? That's a Scum droid that rolls a die after its ship is attacked: hit deals 1 damage to the attacker, crit deals 1 damage to both the attacker and your ship.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 20th, 2016, 08:32 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Quote:
No, not really.

Really, Mega, you didn't think of R5-P8? That's a Scum droid that rolls a die after its ship is attacked: hit deals 1 damage to the attacker, crit deals 1 damage to both the attacker and your ship.
Eh, though I suppose so.
Old June 20th, 2016, 09:25 PM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker

I have a tournament on Saturday. What should I fly? I like Rebels so most likely that.
Old June 24th, 2016, 03:10 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Ok I could use more advice for my next purchase. Currently my small collection consist of :

2X TIE/FO
2X TIE Fighter
1X TIE Interceptor

1X X-Wing T-70
1X X-Wing
1X B-Wing

I play this game with my son, who has apparently decided, to my dismay, on the Rebel faction. This means that I am stuck with the Empire, which I do not like so much. We both want to get a medium sized ship each, to go with our respective factions. For the Rebels we are going with the Millennium Falcon because, well, it’s the Millennium Falcon. For the Empire though, the decision is not so easy. Should I go with Slave I or the Lambda-Class Shuttle? As far as looks goes I much prefer the Shuttle, and I know that @Matthias Maccabeus loves them. But would it go well with my current small collection?

What do you guys suggest, keeping in mind that I can’t buy multiples of either for now?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 24th, 2016, 04:04 PM

I'd actually go with the Falcon's counterpart in the game, the Decimator.

though I will say, it looks like your Rebel faction is lagging behind ship-wise.
Old June 24th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Shuttle is fun. It may not have the survivability or dial that that the Slave I does, but it is iconic and comes with some pretty cool pilots. For playing primarily with your son (as do I), I think fun should trump competitive, and the shuttle is definitely fun.

Plus the wings move. How cool is that?!

Old June 24th, 2016, 05:24 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I'd actually go with the Falcon's counterpart in the game, the Decimator.

though I will say, it looks like your Rebel faction is lagging behind ship-wise.
Somehow I was not even aware of the Decimator expansion or that it was the Falcon's counterpart. That is a sweet ship. Why does it cost so much more than the other same-sized ships though?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 25th, 2016, 12:07 AM
Who Bummed Woo

I think it has to do with the actual size of the miniature, and not just the base - much like the TIE Punisher, (or the K-Wing, for that matter) - costs more to purchase than a TIE Bomber or a TIE Fighter.

The Decimator is a much bigger model in comparison to some of the other large-based ships, and I think the cost is reflected in this. Then again, it could be a popularity thing, based on supply and demand (though there seem to be plenty of these ships sitting on the shelves - at least at our local GS anyway).

Old June 25th, 2016, 08:42 AM

It's based on the miniatures's size. It's the largest Imperial ship of the large ship size.
Old June 25th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Ok I could use more advice for my next purchase. Currently my small collection consist of :

2X TIE/FO
2X TIE Fighter
1X TIE Interceptor

1X X-Wing T-70
1X X-Wing
1X B-Wing

I play this game with my son, who has apparently decided, to my dismay, on the Rebel faction. This means that I am stuck with the Empire, which I do not like so much. We both want to get a medium sized ship each, to go with our respective factions. For the Rebels we are going with the Millennium Falcon because, well, it’s the Millennium Falcon. For the Empire though, the decision is not so easy. Should I go with Slave I or the Lambda-Class Shuttle? As far as looks goes I much prefer the Shuttle, and I know that @Matthias Maccabeus loves them. But would it go well with my current small collection?

What do you guys suggest, keeping in mind that I can’t buy multiples of either for now?
I do love the shuttles but they are pretty difficult to master to fly (unless you're a girl and put Palpatine on it and just fly around doing nothing).

I would go with the Deci or Slave unless you want a challenge, then definitely go with the shuttle!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; June 25th, 2016 at 11:22 AM. Reason: 7-2 With my 4 shuttle list so far

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures