Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 6th, 2021, 11:38 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Superman (Billy Batson) (Public Testing)

Think a 10 point increase or think he needs a little more than that?
Old November 6th, 2021, 11:41 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Think a 10 point increase or think he needs a little more than that?
I think a 10 point increase and better defensive rolls by his opponents would probably be a good start.

(i.e. bump him 10 and see how the other tester does, lol).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 6th, 2021, 11:43 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool that's what I was kinda thinking. Updated.
Old November 6th, 2021, 11:52 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, though big picture it might be worth considering how he compares to Superman (JL-I). Right now I think you could make a solid argument that he's clearly better for 10 points less and slots in to the same role pretty well. Only things Kal has over him are Trinity theme and JL Markers that Batman (JL-I) can move.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 6th, 2021, 11:58 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Superman (JL I) also isn't a competitive bastion though.
Old November 6th, 2021, 12:01 PM
Book Wyrm

Personally I think some of that is on JL-I Supes not being that great. Tying his blanks to shields to the number of markers on his card never made sense to me. That Kal, and how he plays is weird. He's like, all defensive powers for allys but one of the main ways he gets played is as a shark out there killing stuff until Batman saves his markers to start activating someone else. Billy seems "better" because of how the powers play out in context I'd say, especially against more melee armies that can't exploit Heroic Duty.

His statline is identical to Superman I, except you're trading ongoing defense for himself for a 1-time block for an ally, and a niche power for an, admittedly quite good, offensive power.
Old November 6th, 2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Superman (JL I) also isn't a competitive bastion though.
Is the goal here to make a limited edition character (Billy as Superman) a competitive bastion? If so, by all means, supplant Superman (JL I). If not, then it seems like a reasonable comparison point to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Personally I think some of that is on JL-I Supes not being that great. Tying his blanks to shields to the number of markers on his card never made sense to me. That Kal, and how he plays is weird. He's like, all defensive powers for allys but one of the main ways he gets played is as a shark out there killing stuff until Batman saves his markers to start activating someone else. Billy seems "better" because of how the powers play out in context I'd say, especially against more melee armies that can't exploit Heroic Duty.

His statline is identical to Superman I, except you're trading ongoing defense for himself for a 1-time block for an ally, and a niche power for an, admittedly quite good, offensive power.
I would argue that Billy seems better because his statline is the same, his defensive power for allies is more reliable and useful, and he trades all the other niche and usually not terribly useful stuff Superman does for reliable auto wound opportunities and bigger auto wound opportunities against some difficult to dispatch figures.

I'm not saying he can't be or shouldn't be better than Superman (JL-I). I am saying that he seems pretty clearly better by a decent margin so it seems odd to cost him 10 points less.

Old November 6th, 2021, 12:41 PM
Book Wyrm

ITs reliable and useful in that its a one time use. If we'd prefer I can make the turn ending only trigger if a wound is dealt. Doesn't matter that much to me. I don't feel good upping cost on something just because of another unit is similar that I feel is overcosted. If we do feel he starts meriting going up more, sure. I'd rather the gameplay show it rather than just a comparison to a unit who was designed early in the synergies. But he has lost at an even lower value, and hasn't been getting his weakness (Heroic Duty) exploited at all really.
Old November 6th, 2021, 12:50 PM

I don't think the figure turn ending is driving his cost at all, so that tweak doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.

The Superman (JL-I) comparison wouldn't matter to me if it weren't so much the case of a more niche character filling an almost identical role in the same armies at a lower cost and doing it better. I think we usually at least try to avoid making previous figures irrelevant in their own faction even when those previous figures aren't A-level.

Old November 6th, 2021, 12:55 PM

Though I guess making the figure's turn end reliant on hitting the unblockable does at least make his protection less reliable (i.e. if the attacking figure is adjacent to their target, they'll still be able to attack 50% of the time), which makes him less clearly better at Superman (JL-I)'s intended role in the faction (other than being a beatstick, which Billy debatably does better since he can teleport into an advantageous position to hit the vulnerable pieces and can add auto wounds to the mix).

Old November 6th, 2021, 01:03 PM
Book Wyrm

And I think that combo is where my concern lies. Superman JL-1's best play is literally to ignore half his card in most of the cases where he's getting played. So like, him one upping that Superman in an area he basically ignores already is a weird problem to contend with. Same with a problem of too much of a beatstick for outgoing a beatstick not kitted out for it.

I'll edit to make auto turn end contingent on the wounding.
Old November 6th, 2021, 01:42 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Would something like this make sense as well?
Quote:
Start the game with Superman on his card instead of the battlefield. When a friendly figure is targeted for an attack, if Superman is on his card you may place him adjacent to the attacking figure, rolling one unblockable attack die against that figure. The attacking figure's turn immediately ends, then you may move any unrevealed Order Markers on Champion or Kryptonian Army Cards in your Army to this card.
Once you get JL Supes his markers, he cares way more about counterstrikes/weird defensive things than hanging with other Champions. Could be a little tweak to just give them a little more difference? (Then again, I could be biased by my JL tendencies.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library