Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 26th, 2018, 10:05 PM

Dasanteki is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
New custom, playtesting needed.

CARD EDITED AND READY TO PLAYTEST!

As before, advice and suggestions are always welcome!

Last edited by Dasanteki; March 27th, 2018 at 07:49 PM.
Old March 26th, 2018, 10:31 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: New custom, playtesting needed.

This looks like a pretty neat custom, and I appreciate the attempt to buff the Roman Archers a little! Just a couple of quick notes:
  1. Boosting Special Attacks (by any means) outside of the power on the card is a big no-no. I don't think that you can reasonably change the Roman Archers' Special Attack at this point without breaking the rules of HeroScape.
  2. I wouldn't mind seeing this guy not be a Warlord, since that would mostly just help the Roman Legionnaires (and he wouldn't be a good choice for them anyways, unless he was much cheaper), who don't need the extra option in all honesty. Making him a class without any synergy for other factions could help keep his price a bit lower, and keep his focus on the Roman Archers.

Overall, I'm intrigued by this design. I'd look forward to revisions if you decided to take him further!
Old March 26th, 2018, 10:50 PM

1 sec
Old March 26th, 2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
This looks like a pretty neat custom, and I appreciate the attempt to buff the Roman Archers a little! Just a couple of quick notes:
  1. Boosting Special Attacks (by any means) outside of the power on the card is a big no-no. I don't think that you can reasonably change the Roman Archers' Special Attack at this point without breaking the rules of HeroScape.
  2. I wouldn't mind seeing this guy not be a Warlord, since that would mostly just help the Roman Legionnaires (and he wouldn't be a good choice for them anyways, unless he was much cheaper), who don't need the extra option in all honesty. Making him a class without any synergy for other factions could help keep his price a bit lower, and keep his focus on the Roman Archers.

Overall, I'm intrigued by this design. I'd look forward to revisions if you decided to take him further!
Alright, quick tweak then.

I did have him as a warlord before since Gallus one, but I get it.
Old March 27th, 2018, 01:24 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasanteki View Post
No clue if I'm supposed to put this somewhere special, so apologies if that's the case.

I designed this guy to give the Roman Archers a bit of a leg up. I have no time for play testing him, so I respectfully ask for the help of the community!

Oh, and suggestions for improving him are most welcome!

PS: The price is MASSIVELY placeholder.
How the card is currently.worded it does not change their special attack but does add an attack die to each of their normal attacks. I would make this guy a soldier though to fit in with marcus decimus for the added synergy there. Essentially handing them an extra attack and moving a bunch of them is pretty powerful though. If they are moving in groups of 6 they will quite possibly gain faster development on high ground plus the extra attack die from him. You are also giving another figure a turn on top of that with him activating as well. I like the idea of helping out characters recieve tabletop time. Still some fleshing out to do here. Nice model as well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 27th, 2018, 11:25 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Very cool ideas.

DIRECT FIRE is pretty powerful. Classic Heroscape designs have put a high point value on Attack bonuses - especially when they are an aura that goes multiple spaces. Taelord at 180-points seems pricey but everyone gets + 1 Attack so maybe worth it.

Sextus would only boost Roman Archers but you'd always play them together. They'd have 3 Attack at Range 7 with him and possible 4 Attack if they gained Height Advantage. They do move slow at 4 Move. He also gets to attack so 4 attacks per order marker is pretty solid.

I'd put him at 120 points to start because of that Attack Aura. That might be low by normal standards but the Archers are pretty bad at 55 points and their 1 Defense is going to let the pod survive long.

Army Idea:

Sextus ... 120
Archers x4 ... 340
Romans x2 ... 440
Me-Burq-Sa ... 490
Isamu ... 500

Army Idea:

Sextus ... 120
Archers x3 ... 285
Romans x2 ... 385
Marcus ... 485
Isamu ...495