Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old July 7th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
4x400 Armies

Ok, in this thread people have been listing their picks for worst small expansion. As a "challenge", I thought why not use the these "worst" as a basis for my armies in the 4x400 games.

One that seems to be on just about everybody's list is the Grok Riders.

Army number 1:
260 - 2x Grok Riders
90 - Ne-Gok-Sa
50 - Me-Burq-Sa
400 total

Another one on most people's list is the Greeks/Vipers.

Army number 2:
150 - 3x Sacred Band
150 - 2x 10th Regiment
100 - Marcus
400 total

Two birds with one stone on this one - Gorillas and Hounds and Gladiators and Agents are both on a lot of lists.

Army number 3:
270 - 3x Gorillinators
120 - Nakita Agents
10 - Otonashi
400 total

180 - 2x Gorillinators
120 - Nakita Agents
60 - Izumi Samurai
40 - Deathreavers
400 total

This time I'll use all the figures from one of the "worst" small expansions - Icewind Scourge

Army 4:
140 - Frost Giant Moth
85 - Ice Troll Berserker
140 - Master of the Hunt
25 - Sahuagin Raider
10 - Isamu
400 Total

Last edited by Retlaw; July 8th, 2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Revised army 3 and added army 4
Old July 7th, 2011, 07:32 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
Re: 4x400 Armies

You should make an army with the Knights Templar. That is a set many were mentioning.

240 - 2x Knights Templar
150 - Sir Dupuis
10 - Isamu
400 - Total

This would definately be a hard army to use. :P

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old July 7th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-Bak-Na View Post
You should make an army with the Knights Templar. That is a set many were mentioning.

240 - 2x Knights Templar
150 - Sir Dupuis
10 - Isamu
400 - Total

Well they would probably short games. Either the knights' extra attack dice on the charge would decimate your opponent quickly or if it didn't, their 3 defense would fail (never understood why a knight on foot had higher defense than a knight on a horse).
Old July 7th, 2011, 08:25 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

That Sacred Band/10th/Marcus army actually looks fairly strong.
Old July 7th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
That Sacred Band/10th/Marcus army actually looks fairly strong.
Well, I never said I was going to make "bad" armies, just try to use some of the small expansions people said were "worst". I've used this army before and it does fairly well.

I've also used the Gorillas/Nakita before, but in a higher point army so they had a screen in front of them (rats are fun ). Maybe I should change that one -- delete one squad of gorillas and add 2x rats.
Old July 7th, 2011, 10:15 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Quote:

240 - 2x Knights Templar
150 - Sir Dupuis
10 - Isamu
400 - Total

Well they would probably short games. Either the knights' extra attack dice on the charge would decimate your opponent quickly or if it didn't, their 3 defense would fail (never understood why a knight on foot had higher defense than a knight on a horse).
Yea, if the had 4 defence everyone would love them. Or if they had bonding. If you were lucky enough to go up against an army comprised of small and medium melee units from Utgar, this army would tear it up. Otherwise you gave a pretty fair depiction of how it would turn out.

As for your Gorillanator army I was thinking:
180 2x Gorillanators
120 Nakita Agents
100 Krav Maga(Or the Microcorp as they were also mentioned)
400 Total

This army would be dependant or height and distance, but I recently used a 500 point varient of this army (with 2x Microcorp instead of Krav) and it tore up my friends Marro stinger army.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old July 8th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Quote:
As for your Gorillanator army I was thinking:
180 2x Gorillanators
120 Nakita Agents
100 Krav Maga(Or the Microcorp as they were also mentioned)
400 Total

This army would be dependant or height and distance, but I recently used a 500 point varient of this army (with 2x Microcorp instead of Krav) and it tore up my friends Marro stinger army.
I thought the same thing when I was putting it together -- the Krav would definitely be better than the 3rd squad of Gorillas -- I'm pretty sure I'm going to change the third army drop one squad of gorillas and add either screening squads (maybe a squad of rats and the Izumi Samuri) or the Krav.

Last edited by Retlaw; July 8th, 2011 at 06:22 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con