Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 5th, 2010, 10:32 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Who's quitting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars View Post
If I decided to quit now my wife (who doesn't even play) would probably kill me. After all the countless hours and dollars spent I HAVE to keep playing.

That pretty much sums up my house as well.
Ditto.

Nevertheless - even if I'd have gotten all my Scape for free, I'd still be playing Runa and Venoc Vipers in tournaments for as long as they exist, and playing casual games with friends, too.

And finishing Betrayals of Utgar. I keep mentioning this in my posts because I'm actually back to working on it and I guarantee it will be the biggest campaign that Heroscape has ever seen when it's done (and it's not far from the playtesting phase).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
And finishing Betrayals of Utgar. I keep mentioning this in my posts because I'm actually back to working on it and I guarantee it will be the biggest campaign that Heroscape has ever seen when it's done (and it's not far from the playtesting phase).
Keep me in mind when you get ready to playtest. My son and I would love to give it a whirl.

Old November 5th, 2010, 11:21 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Keep me in mind when you get ready to playtest. My son and I would love to give it a whirl.
Sure thing. Do you have about 20 hours? Because that's what I'm anticipating it will take to play through, at least, and that doesn't really count time to setup the maps and dungeons , or the secrets that the player may find and want to play through...

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; November 5th, 2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: By the way, you don't need 20 hours all at once....
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As long as we don't have to play 20 consecutive hours that won't be a problem.

Old November 5th, 2010, 11:35 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I'm quitting supporting WotC. I was going to buy the Monsters Manual so I could read up on the HS/DnD cross-pollination but theres no point now.
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:37 AM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What would be the point in quitting?

That's like... getting rid of your PT Cruiser (if you have one) simply because they're not made anymore. The car doesn't stop working!

So let's keep playing!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:39 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I won't quit. I just have to buy the last 2 expansion packs, and I will have every unit of heroscape. I'll still play it when I can, but I'm not going to quit playing it alltogether...that's just silly.
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:41 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_r_beej View Post
What would be the point in quitting?

That's like... getting rid of your PT Cruiser (if you have one) simply because they're not made anymore. The car doesn't stop working!

So let's keep playing!
I can give you a hundred other reasons you should get rid of the PT. Its one of the worst cars ever built and Chrysler took some serious moral shortcuts when they produced it, passing it off as a truck to take advantage of CAFE figures and get through loopholes on safety standards.
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:57 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Isn't this kind of like saying, "Everyone who's not here put up your hand!"

Anyone leaving please feel free to send me your McDirks and I'll find a good home for them.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 5th, 2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: No offense meant to anyone.
Old November 5th, 2010, 12:06 PM

wing00superman is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I have had my collection for a good 5 years plus. I haven't played in months and before that, years. The game is soooo amazing and unique every time I play. I kept buying sets even when I wasn't playing. It pains me to think about selling my entire set. Scapers please keep the community alive, the game is worth it. I just don't have time or anyone to play with. I would much rather sell to my fellow scapers than pawn or go thru ebay. I am not looking to get back what i put into it but any generous offer will be considered. I'll post pictures of my collection soon. Everything I own is in mint to near mint condition. I still have the boxes to most of the master sets including road and castle sets. here goes:

1 Master Set, 1 Swarm of the Marros Set, 1 Marvel Set, 1 DnD Set

Complete Expansion set 2
Lawmen & Smamurai / Heores of Trollsland of set 4
Complete Expansion set 5
Heroes of Burgeth set 6
heroes of Elswin set 7
Heroes of Molten Sea / Elves set 8
Heroes of Moon Tribe set 9
Black Vipers and Sir Hawthorne / swog rider pack set 10
Warriors of the Ghostlight Fen set D1
1 Castle set painted (black wash and disterssed for effect)
1 Forgotten Road Bridge set with charcter
1 Orms realm
1 Rankar Vision
1 Einar Flag Bearer complete
1 Jandar Flag Bearer complete
I also have a couple of customs that will be included.

I LOVE my collection but I think it is time to help someone else's collection grow so they can love it like I have. I think there is more, I'll update if need be.
Old November 5th, 2010, 07:19 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker

I'm staying. I have a large collection (which includes 12 ROTV), despite having only played the game a few times over all these years due to my lack of friends to play with. But I'll probably never sell it, and I'll always have it available when the time comes I can actually find someone to play with, since the fun of the game won't die even if the line does.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old November 5th, 2010, 07:29 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

I haven't visted the boards for a few days, so I missed the news. I am staying. Heroscape is a unique game that I will always love. It would be great if custom unit production took off.

That being said, I am extremely disappointed in WOTC for not giving fans who are willing to spend good money on this AND OTHER WOTC products a reason to spend their money with WOTC instead of somewhere else. However, I am grateful they have allowed the development and production of the last few waves.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion