Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old October 6th, 2010, 05:36 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Minecraft

I've been watching videos called X's Adventures in Minecraft I must say, his commentary makes the videos very entertaining.
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:17 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gate Keeper View Post
So is anyone interested in having a server for us to play together on? I'd set in up with the software and we'd have to use hammachi to avoid port forwarding issues but its alot simpler then it sounds.
That could be fun, though my play time isn't consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
I've been watching videos called X's Adventures in Minecraft I must say, his commentary makes the videos very entertaining.
Those are the ones that got me hooked. I sort of have my own "X System" going.

--

You know you're a little too into a game when, at night, you get freaked out for a second becasue a room in your house isn't lit and you think something might spawn.

-insert signature here-
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:18 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

This is funny since it didn't happen to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs

-insert signature here-
Old October 7th, 2010, 06:15 AM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Wow. That looked pretty awful.

On the positive side of Minecraft, you may have seen this video already, but here's someone who built a "working computer" within Minecraft!

Enjoy: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/30/wo...ide-minecraft/

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old October 7th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
This is funny since it didn't happen to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs
"Emmmm, dat wasn't wasn't supposed to happen. Emmm, yeah..."

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 8th, 2010, 04:22 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I bought the game, and now it has given me a reason to be afraid of the dark again.
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:46 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

OK. I am seriously addicted to Minecraft. My wife had a talk with me about it on Sunday (and I've only owned it for a week).

I had to get up into our dark attic through a small square hole the other day and I almost looked around for zombies and iron deposits.

Worst of all, I haven't been to this website since Oct. 8th at 3:46 p.m., AND I haven't planned my army for National Heroscape Day yet. My new addiction (Minecraft) is conflicting with my old addiction (Heroscape). I need an intervention!

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.

Last edited by Sokol; October 13th, 2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:46 PM

You've just described my life for the past two weeks (without the talk, I guess I've hidden it well).

What's really nuts is that my 20+ hours of playing to this point has only resulted in exploring maybe 0.0000001% of my world. So much to do...

Do you find yourself working on one 'project' in the game only to be distracted by another idea, and then before you know it, you have 10 differnt things going on that you want to finish but can't possibly?

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; October 13th, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Do you find yourself working on one 'project' in the game only to be distracted by another idea, and then before you know it, you have 10 differnt things going on that you want to finish but can't possibly?
Oh, I *have* played this game! It's just, it was called World of Warcraft. And I had to quit before I got sucked into the monitor.

Good luck, guys.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 13th, 2010, 03:00 PM

man, I remember getting lost in the game. I had gone out to find wood to rebuild my home (which burnt down when I tried to put in a lava pit) I discovered that I had traveled to far and while trying to find my way back to my home when I stumbled upon a very big underground cave...so I went exploring and found a monster spawner in there... I died in that cave to skeletions and zombies and all of my stuff will remain lost forever in the deep bowls of the cave, (cuz I can't find it again.)
Old October 14th, 2010, 12:44 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
You've just described my life for the past two weeks (without the talk, I guess I've hidden it well).

What's really nuts is that my 20+ hours of playing to this point has only resulted in exploring maybe 0.0000001% of my world. So much to do...

Totally. I just finished a wheat farm and a reed farm. I am currently working on: 1) taking down a hill above my house that drops exploding creepers onto my new reed and wheat farms; 2) putting in a security wall to prevent zombies, etc from reaching my new farms; 3) building a tower I can see from a distance so I don't get lost in my wonderings anymore; 4) exploring a mine I dug under my place; 5-6) exploring several caves near my place; and 7) finishing a tree farm I have been working on for some time.

And when I drive too and from work, I think of additional things I need to do. And when I play, I get sidetracked by caves and other interesting things that keep me from completing my current list of tasks.

I love this game.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old October 14th, 2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol View Post
Quote:

Totally. I just finished a wheat farm and a reed farm. I am currently working on: 1) taking down a hill above my house that drops exploding creepers onto my new reed and wheat farms; 2) putting in a security wall to prevent zombies, etc from reaching my new farms; 3) building a tower I can see from a distance so I don't get lost in my wonderings anymore; 4) exploring a mine I dug under my place; 5-6) exploring several caves near my place; and 7) finishing a tree farm I have been working on for some time.

And when I drive too and from work, I think of additional things I need to do. And when I play, I get sidetracked by caves and other interesting things that keep me from completing my current list of tasks.

I love this game.
by security wall do you mean fences? Monsters and animals cannot jump fences to reach your farms. As for the monsters dropping in from a cliff. You could build a greenhouse and fill the greenhouse with torches so the crops even grow at night.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games