Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old January 4th, 2009, 08:19 PM

SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker
Cool New Heroscape Room (beware...picture heavy)

I finally convinced the wife to let me build a gaming room in the basement. We played in there last night for the first time. I still need to add a fridge and a couple other amenities, but overall I'm very happy with it. I thought I'd share.....

This first picture is of the guy who helped me build the room and my boys. They're playing in our first battle in the new room. There are two gaming tables in the room--this being the larger of the two. Behind them would be the southeast corner of the room.

Here's the northeast corner. The cabinets were hijacked from my wife's scrapbook room. Don't feel too sorry for her; she got new storage for her new scrapbook room upstairs. We keep a lot of our boardgames, snacks, cups, etc here. You can also catch a glimpse of the small playing table in the bottom of the picture.

Here are the units' storage bins, mounted on the west wall.

Here's a view from the doorway looking in at the south wall.

This is the southwest corner where most of the Heroscape accessories are kept. The CD cases hold the army cards (color coded by general); the magazine rack has all of our player manuals, FAQ printouts, etc. The tops of the terrain storage units can be seen under the shelving units. That's our Horrorclix collection mounted on the west wall.

Here's a close-up of those same terrain storage units on the south wall.

I put a set of shelves behind the door in the northwest corner for our Star Wars minis and Haloclix tackle boxes.

Another view of the southwest corner.

"If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?"

Special Thanks to: stay_golden_PONYBOY, Browncoat, Onacara, King's Knight, Grishnakh, and Kenjib

Good Traders: capnfrank, heroscaper314, R˙chean
Old January 4th, 2009, 08:55 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New Heroscape Room (beware...picture heavy)

Wow, awesome digs! I know you posted it just to make us jealous...so mission accomplished Have fun 'Scaping in the new game headquarters!
Old January 4th, 2009, 10:01 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

Nice! I wish I had a place to scape like that.

Boise ID Scaper
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:28 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:50 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

Congrats! It's gorgeous and exactly the way I'd do it too.

Question -- any concerns with building a room in the basement? I know nothing of basements currently (I live in CA) but I heard that it's difficult to deal with some elements in that scenario.

My Recent Plays:
Old January 5th, 2009, 12:04 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Whoa! Very impressive!

Just one question...you've got a drawer labeled "Flying Tubes". What the heck is that?

Old January 5th, 2009, 12:33 AM

SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Whoa! Very impressive!

Just one question...you've got a drawer labeled "Flying Tubes". What the heck is that?
Back in the HQ days someone came up with the idea of putting fliers up on top of cylindrical tubes to demonstrate that they're up in the air. I bought a set, and they're stored in that bin. I'll take a picture of one and add it here in a few minutes.

Here it is......

Special Thanks to: stay_golden_PONYBOY, Browncoat, Onacara, King's Knight, Grishnakh, and Kenjib

Last edited by SpiderCoach; January 5th, 2009 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Picture added
Old January 5th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Very cool set up, and ridiculously well organized, which only makes your game room that much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Yeah, I believe the house rule variant was called, "True Flying" or "True Flight." Pretty cool concept to bring air combat to the game and better illustrate a flying dynamic without going too far outside the official rules.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old January 5th, 2009, 10:59 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
Yeah, I believe the house rule variant was called, "True Flying"
Wasn't it mentioned in an early issue of the Codex?
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
Yeah, I believe the house rule variant was called, "True Flying"
Wasn't it mentioned in an early issue of the Codex?
Something to that effect. I started another thread on the flying tubes in particular. Anerrios's original rule set (in codex #2, I believe) is linked in that thread now if anyone's interested.

Old January 14th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That room looks awesome, even more that your kids play with you.

Would love to see more pictures ( for some reason doesnt let me open them up to get a bigger view)
Old January 14th, 2009, 06:20 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Lord, I have not seen those fly tubes forever...those were great back in the day. Almost makes me want to post a thread about the greatest inventions of yore...we had some great stuff back then.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions