Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old January 17th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

Must our protagonist be entirely alone in his/her/it's fight? A little assistance here and there cannot hurt, surely. Then again, it is your prompt...
Old January 17th, 2012, 06:47 PM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Must our protagonist be entirely alone in his/her/it's fight? A little assistance here and there cannot hurt, surely. Then again, it is your prompt...
Asking permission to break the rules?

Pshht.

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.
Old January 17th, 2012, 08:08 PM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire9788 View Post
Quote:

Pshht.
You're right, I just shoulda gone ahead and done it.
Old January 17th, 2012, 08:20 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire9788 View Post
Quote:

Pshht.
You're right, I just shoulda gone ahead and done it.
I don't know, I like the 'one against a thousand' feel. You could maybe make it super epic or something, and then, just as the hero is about to go down under the weight of numbers, help arrives.
True, ti is my prompt, but it is your story. If you feel multiple heroes would work better, go for it, but keep them in single digits at least!
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
You could maybe make it super epic or something
TGRF, how long have you been reading my work for?
Old January 18th, 2012, 01:15 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
You could maybe make it super epic or something
TGRF, how long have you been reading my work for?
I haven't read untitled in awhile. You really should name that thing, btw. I can't very well call it untitled when it gets indexed, now can I?
Old January 20th, 2012, 01:41 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How's this

Spoiler Alert!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; January 22nd, 2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Straight battle story. Doesn't happen often for me.
Old January 20th, 2012, 08:56 PM

Ah, submissions! I am pressed for time at the moment, but I will read that later this evening. In the meantime, get the competition in! We judge Sunday!
EDIT: Well, I judge Sunday anyway.
Old January 20th, 2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Ah, submissions! I am pressed for time at the moment, but I will read that later this evening. In the meantime, get the competition in! We judge Sunday!
EDIT: Well, I judge Sunday anyway.
Oh, ha ha. Thinly veiled jibe. Ha.
Old January 21st, 2012, 12:05 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Hopefully late Sunday. I have work and C3G tomorrow. This one is tough as I have four different characters I am debating using. Must choose one.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 21st, 2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Hopefully late Sunday. I have work and C3G tomorrow. This one is tough as I have four different characters I am debating using. Must choose one.
Four is stretching it, but it'd be fine with me if you used them all. Just make it super-epic-last-standish.
Old January 21st, 2012, 06:35 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

“We’ll never get through!” cried Gorem of Elispen. His face was covered in blood from the previous battle, and he caressed a broken arm, “we’ll never get all the men through the pass!”
“Be not so faint ‘arted Gorem. We live an’ we die.” A large Scott replied. He carried his battle axe over his shoulder with one hand, and helped his friend along with the other.
“I knew this wasn’t a good idea Finn. I knew we couldn’t trust those two mages.”
“Shhh lad, they’ll hear ye. Twasn’t their fault we landed this mess. Coulda easily been worse. We could be dead instead of runin’. Thar wasn’t any way them mages coulda known about them pitfalls thes mangy mercenaries laid.”
“Things can’t get any worse can they?” Gorem asked forlornly.
Finn clapped an enormous hand to Gorem’s mouth, “Net in public ye git. Ye know them words is bad luck.”
“Don’t call me a git, Finn. We may be childhood friends, but I am still your lord.”
Finn began to apologize, but, just then the cliffs around them were swarming with men carrying bows. Foot soldiers rose from where they were hiding amongst the rocks. They did this with help from their attendants because of copious amounts of cumbersome armor. A hundred swords were drawn from a hundred scabbards, and the routed army rose in desperation to do them battle.
“We’re gonna die!”
“Nay lad! Them mages will clear this up in no time.”
Indeed the mages had begun chanting, and some of their attackers were collapsing holding their heads in agony. Then the pursuing force appeared at the other end of the pass less than a mile away. The soldiers of Hanweir advanced relentlessly while keeping a constant pace. Their soul intention was to destroy the last traces of Elispen, the last thing that kept the rival state’s blood-line alive, Gorem, the only living prince of Elispen.
To Finn’s horror the mages disappeared in a thunderclap, thus abandoning the small band to their fate. The enemy drew ever closer, and the other soldiers were preoccupied dealing with the more present threat.
Abruptly Finn shoved Gorem deep into a small cave created by the roots of a large tree. He turned, and knelt on the hard obsidian. He laid his axe down before him, and lifted his hands to the clear night sky.
“Laird, the heavens reflect thine glory, but th’ earth below has not te show fer it on this acurs’d night.” He prayed out loud, “Th’ last of an old an’ faithful line is ‘bout te be destroy’d by evil men. I know th’t ye remain obscure, thet in the nat’ral ord’r ye can better f’rgive us our ev’l doin’s, but now is a tem to grant thy vassal the strength to turn beck the tide of hatred.”
He let his hands fall slowly to his sides before grasping his axe and standing up. He waited patiently for the soldiers to come. Their commander halted the soldiers a short distance away. He looked gravely at the stout armorless man firmly planted between his army and his victims.
“What a pity it will truly be to put a sword through such a stout heart.”
Finn greeted the arrogant words with silence.
“Tell you what. Lay down your axe and grovel, and I shall spare you.”
Finn’s eyes looked directly into those of the Hanweir commander, and the commander became perturbed and restless.
“Ye would kill my Laird?”
“Aye an’ I would make ye the vassal of Hanweir, for is not Gideon a greater Laird?” The commander returned mockingly imitating Finn’s accent.
“Over my dead body,” was all that Finn said in reply.
“Wish granted,” replied the commander. He turned to his soldiers, “Kill him.”

The soldiers of Hanweir surged forward, covering the ground between them and their quarry with the speed of wraiths. Finn shifted his axe. He swung; his darksteel blade connected with the light armor of the first of the Hanweir vanguard to reach him. The man armor crumpled before the blow, and his screams followed his blood into the cold night air. The second man fell on the backswing; he crumpled soundlessly to the obsidian below. Finn swung his axe in an uppercut slicing the third man from the thigh to the collar bone. The fallen soldier was flung bodily into the air, coming down with a crash on his companions. Soon Finn was fighting multiple opponents at once, but always their heads rolled, and their decapitated bodies watered the ground with blood. Soon the entire vanguard lay slain upon the Earth, and the stars watched with constant, calm interest.
Finn stood streaked with blood that was not his own. His heart pounded in his ears, and his long brown hair, darkened with sweat fell over his eyes. He pushed it back, and wiped his eyes. The commander stood in wonder across from him, carefully out of reach.
“Who are you?” The commander demanded.
“I am Finnegan of Scotland, better known as Finn the Cleaver, and who are you, infidel?”
“I am Gideon of Hanweir, Lord of the Seven Provinces.”
Finn looked at him, but his eyes were steely, and did not reveal his astonishment.
“Why have you come disguised as a mere commander?”
“I have a great many enemies, and assassins would not be sent into an army after a commander.”
“Or it could be because you wanted to kill Gorem yourself?”
“Exactly. You’re clever. Here is your last chance; join me.”
Finn glanced around at the corpses of the vanguard. Crows had already descended, and were busy feasting on the carcasses in the brief lull. Finn turned back to Gideon, “…or what?”
“You will fight me.”
“…and you will fall.”
“What have you Finnegan, against a superior being, and elder warrior?”
“My Laird.”
“What, Gorem?” Gideon bellowed with laughter, “Enough talk!”
Gideon launched himself abruptly at Finn, his sword flashing from its scabbard. Finn sidestepped, and Gideon went careening past. Gideon stopped himself with amazing control, and quickly turned to face Finn.
“Amazingly good tactic, my elder cathar, but I’ve seen it before.” Finn smirked.
Gideon gave a roar and charged again this time anticipating a sidestep, and preparing for it. He wasn’t prepared for Finn to stand his ground.
“Think fast!” Finn announced loudly.
A thought flashed across Gideon’s mind, but he never got a chance to act on it for he was already upon his foe. Finn knocked the sword aside, and met Gideon’s charge with his head. Gideon went flying backwards, landing heavily against a stone. He got up slowly.
“I had thought, that you would not be so stout hearted, but seeing as you destroyed my entire vanguard, and can merely toy with me I see this is not the case. I have been proud. I am sorry.”
Finn was disarmed for a moment, but then his enemy was upon him. Gideon’s sword tore through the flesh of his right arm. Finn barely had time to register his injury, before Gideon’s cruel blade flashed through his thigh. Finn roared in pain. He brought up his axe in a parry, but this was not the purpose of his weapon, and he received a jarring jolt through the length of his arm. He switched the axe to his other hand, and swung mightily at his foe, but Gideon dodged backwards. Finn pressed his advantage, time and again throwing his foe off balance. Suddenly, Finn slipped on the wet rocks, and fell tumbling down several boulders before crashing upon the ground. He got up using his axe to help. He heard a cry from above, and looked up. Gideon had launched himself after Finn, and his sword was held high above his head with the point down. Finn had not the strength to move, but there was one thing he could do. He rotated his double bladed axe over his chest. Gideon’s, sword glanced off the slanted edge, and buried itself in Finn’s gut. The following reflexive reaction caused the axe to move perpendicular to Finn’s chest. Gideon, thrown off balance by his sword, fell upon the bared end of the axe. The axe was shoved into Finn’s chest, and Gideon’s head was cleaved from his shoulders.
Finn’s vision blurred, and his hearing dulled. The last thing he saw was the stars in their eternal, silent watch. The last thing he heard was the cries of his fellows as they fell upon the leaderless army of Hanweir.

The army of Hanweir was destroyed that night. Reinforcements who had previously been delayed, arrived to aid their Elispen comrades. Those who had seen the feats of Finnegan the Cleaver, took heart, and followed his example. They fought the enemy to the glorious end. Finn was honored with a special day of the year. All the people of Elispen drank to his name on this day, and told tales of his endeavors. These tales turned into legends. Though many of them became falsified through repetition, the spirit of Finnegan the Cleaver was always accurately portrayed. It is said that in his last moments he said, “Me Laird saved me Laird. Tha’s one fer the books.”

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.

Last edited by Elven Lord; January 22nd, 2012 at 01:53 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction