Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old June 17th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: CURRENT Save Heroscape Petition: Sign it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T-Steff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
JS is right. I concede that Balantai and Batman aren't going to sign the petition and there's nothing I can do about it. You two, concede that we are going to keep fighting without you. Now, let's get back to this tight-knit and fun community we say we are. What say?

El_T, who would like to remind everybody that if you aren't inclined to sign a petition, there's no need to post in this petition thread

EDIT: By "JS is right" I refer to when he said, "peace, guys!"
I think you misunderstood me, E.T. I don't expect you stop trying, and I would encourage you to continue your efforts. You should always stick to your guns when it comes to something you really believe in. Don't let a few nay-sayers get in your way. Life if full of people like us.

~Balantai, molding children since the mid-90's.
Cool. I had just assumed you were trying to deter us because I didn't see any other reasone one'd post in this thread if they weren't with the cause.
I think you assume that Official Heroscape and Custom Heroscape are mutually exclusive. There are some, like myself, that enjoy both equally. I'd love for there to be more mass produced Heroscape, but I also want there to be more custom stuff. That's the beauty of Heroscape. You can translate almost anything into an easily created custom card. There certainly aren't a lack of miniature figures.
Old June 17th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Bats, it's not based on probability, if everything were, then the world would be one sorry place.

No, I won't place a bet, because I don't believe in (probably) wasting wasting my money. The fact is, Bats, the odds are against it, but we're not going to be in any worse shape by signing this petition.
Here's how I think about it. If you go out with a girl for a long time, and you really like her and she really likes you (or so you think) but then she starts treating you worse and worse and eventually decides she's done with you altogether and unceremoniously dumps you, is your best move to gather a bunch of signatures on a petition and beg her to take you back? Or is it to take control of your own destiny and realize you're too good for her?

Feel free to keep pining, guys, but it bums me out that you're trying so hard to get back with the girl who could care less about you.

Quote:
I'll stick to my guns and let Hasbro/WotC know I want this game back.
And I'll stick to my guns and let you and everybody else know that I don't consider it "gone" in the first place.

Quote:
I also noticed you limited your bet to five years, why? Are you scared they'll bring it back in six?
I thought it was a pretty generous time period to let this petition work. Would your answer have been any different if I'd said six years? Ten? If there's no time limit at all, how can I ever call you on it?

And who said anything about money? How about this? If you decide to bet on it, we can give it one year (since your petition should be done and sent in by then) and if there's any legitimate news by then that Heroscape is being officially published again, I'll let you choose any title you want (that follows terms and conditions at least - nothing vulgar) and I'll give it to you - even if it trashes me. Or, if a year passes and nothing happens, I'll give you a really funny and embarrassing title I'll have to think of later.

What do you say? If you say "no," I can only assume that it's because you know, in your heart of hearts, that this is a waste of time.

Quote:
Cool. I had just assumed you were trying to deter us because I didn't see any other reasone one'd post in this thread if they weren't with the cause.
Honestly, although it bums me out seeing folks continue to delude themselves and beg and whine for someone who treated them badly to take them back, I'm really OK with you guys wasting your time. I was happily ignoring it until I saw posts about getting everybody on the site to sign the petition. At that point I figured I'd let you guys know that part just wasn't going to happen. I try not to be like Hasbro, who I'm sure will just ignore your petition, because you don't matter to them.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 17th, 2013, 08:11 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

, that really hits me where I live. Bat's does have a point but I think if over 630 people want it then the "girl" must really be worth it.
Old June 17th, 2013, 08:13 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Bats, it's not based on probability, if everything were, then the world would be one sorry place.

No, I won't place a bet, because I don't believe in (probably) wasting wasting my money. The fact is, Bats, the odds are against it, but we're not going to be in any worse shape by signing this petition.
Here's how I think about it. If you go out with a girl for a long time, and you really like her and she really likes you (or so you think) but then she starts treating you worse and worse and eventually decides she's done with you altogether and unceremoniously dumps you, is your best move to gather a bunch of signatures on a petition and beg her to take you back? Or is it to take control of your own destiny and realize you're too good for her?

Feel free to keep pining, guys, but it bums me out that you're trying so hard to get back with the girl who could care less about you.

Quote:
I'll stick to my guns and let Hasbro/WotC know I want this game back.
And I'll stick to my guns and let you and everybody else know that I don't consider it "gone" in the first place.

Quote:
I also noticed you limited your bet to five years, why? Are you scared they'll bring it back in six?
I thought it was a pretty generous time period to let this petition work. Would your answer have been any different if I'd said six years? Ten? If there's no time limit at all, how can I ever call you on it?

And who said anything about money? How about this? If you decide to bet on it, we can give it one year (since your petition should be done and sent in by then) and if there's any legitimate news by then that Heroscape is being officially published again, I'll let you choose any title you want (that follows terms and conditions at least - nothing vulgar) and I'll give it to you - even if it trashes me. Or, if a year passes and nothing happens, I'll give you a really funny and embarrassing title I'll have to think of later.

What do you say? If you say "no," I can only assume that it's because you know, in your heart of hearts, that this is a waste of time.

Quote:
Honestly, although it bums me out seeing folks continue to delude themselves and beg and whine for someone who treated them badly to take them back, I'm really OK with you guys wasting your time. I was happily ignoring it until I saw posts about getting everybody on the site to sign the petition. At that point I figured I'd let you guys know that part just wasn't going to happen. I try not to be like Hasbro, who I'm sure will just ignore your petition, because you don't matter to them.
As to the girl thing, that's like comparing apples and oranges. A girl obviously wouldn't accept because there's no gain for her, she'd be pretending to love a guy that she doesn't. On the other hand, WotC would profit from the continuation of 'Scape; thus both parties are happy.

As to your bet -- I just might take that, either way, we'd both get a good laugh. I'll give it some thought and get back to you so we can work out the details.

And please, stop calling us deluded; your entitled to your opinion, but your not entitled to tear the rest of us down.

~JS
Old June 17th, 2013, 08:22 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Apples and oranges are actually very similar at a cellular level.

If Hasbro thought they'd profit from it, they wouldn't have cancelled it in the first place. But if you guys really want or need them so badly, have at it.

Would you prefer "misguided"? You can't tell me I'm entitled to expressing my opinion and then tell me not to say what I think. (well, you can, but it's silly ).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 17th, 2013, 08:36 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Apples and oranges are actually very similar at a cellular level.

If Hasbro thought they'd profit from it, they wouldn't have cancelled it in the first place. But if you guys really want or need them so badly, have at it.

Would you prefer "misguided"? You can't tell me I'm entitled to expressing my opinion and then tell me not to say what I think. (well, you can, but it's silly ).
I'm just asking for a little respectful-disagreement, no name-calling.

Something like:

"I wish you guys would realize this isn't going to work, and just focus on other stuff. Hasbro doesn't care, they won't listen to you. I'm sad to see you wasting your time like this."

VS. :

"It saddens me to see folks delude themselves...."

It's just rude go and tell people they're deluded.

....but then again, maybe I'm just a wimp who doesn't like fighting, tension, and feeling getting hurt.

~JS

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; June 17th, 2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: My have went a little over the top there. :-)
Old June 17th, 2013, 08:40 PM

It saddens me to see you guys waste your time and set yourself up for continued heartbreak instead of moving on and embracing all of the fun stuff out there. I disagree with the funeral mentality in general when I consider the game at the best place it has ever been. I respect that others do not, but I continue to disagree with them for it.
I'll leave you guys alone, though. Good luck! You'll need it, but it won't be enough.

Old June 17th, 2013, 08:52 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

We do embrace it, C3G is one of my favorite projects in the community. We do love every project that is being created in the community but I think we also miss when the sets used to come out and when you would unwrap one on your birthday or on christmas. It's just the feeling that you get when you see the real thing. C3V is pretty much the same as "classic scape" to me so really, its not the miniature that matters its the amount of joy that you get when you see one in the store or on the internet. This may not make any sense but thats my .
~NS
Old June 17th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
It saddens me to see you guys waste your time and set yourself up for continued heartbreak instead of moving on and embracing all of the fun stuff out there. I disagree with the funeral mentality in general when I consider the game at the best place it has ever been. I respect that others do not, but I continue to disagree with them for it.
I'll leave you guys alone, though. Good luck! You'll need it, but it won't be enough.
Enough with the patronizing, Batty. My heart's not gonna be broken by them customs anytime soon. Just you watch.
Old June 17th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll chime in here because I am in a unique position among members of this site...

Having worked at Hasbro 50 feet or so from Craig Van Ness for four years (2008 - 2011), and currently go in there twice a week for consulting work, I won't be signing any petitions. I'll also put out there that knowing what I know about Hasbro, a petition is not something I believe will convince them that a product that was costing too much to produce should be produced again, especially after a few years of material cost increases.

That being said, I'm out of this discussion.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; June 17th, 2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: tense is been fixed
Old June 17th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I'll chime in here because I am in a unique position among members of this site...

Having worked at Hasbro 50 feet or so from Craig Van Ness for four years (2008 - 2011), and currently goes in there twice a week for consulting work, I won't be signing any petitions. I'll also put out there that knowing what I know about Hasbro, a petition is not something I believe will convince them that a product that was costing too much to produce should be produced again, especially after a few years of material cost increases.

That being said, I'm out of this discussion.
Alright, alright, so the petition was a bad idea. However this doesn't by any means mean that I'll concede to customs. If official scape isn't coming back, then I will survive just fine on official scape alone. If it means I get bored with the game down the road, so be it. I'll have had my fun.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:06 PM
...Something unique

VC is a good/decent project. If you want to leave it for classic scape then that sounds good.

Last edited by Ninja Status; June 18th, 2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: post was rude.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News