Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > AotV Maps & Scenarios
AotV Maps & Scenarios Forum for Discussion of AotV Maps & Scenarios

Old June 6th, 2021, 12:32 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: New Heroscape Terrain "Quick-Sand" - Collaborate rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Other than the "Weird Tiles," I don't really want to create any scenario-driven unique rules for the basic terrain.
Agreed.

Quote:
Personally, I think that "dunes" already exist with just stacking the existing Sand terrain in certain ways (and a "dune-specific" rule feels strange that it wouldn't apply to the other Sand terrain to me).
Sure, but stacked sand has exactly 0 special rules. Also, do grass/rock/sand even had names officially? I think that's just what we've gotten used to calling them, but since they don't have any special rules they're not actually named in the rulebooks.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
(See also: 3D hexes =/= quicksand. Maybe we should change the thread title, @lefton4ya ?)
Seconded for the title change. Adding the [AotV] tag to the title of the thread should help it be more immediately apparent that this thread is now focused on the project.
Yes. @lefton4ya could you update the thread title to [AotP] Terrain Rules Discussion? That way it covers whatever we end up calling the 3D hexes, and we could do 'weird' terrain here, too (unless everyone would rather have a separate thread for that.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 7th, 2021, 08:50 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Other than the "Weird Tiles," I don't really want to create any scenario-driven unique rules for the basic terrain.
Sure, but stacked sand has exactly 0 special rules. Also, do grass/rock/sand even had names officially? I think that's just what we've gotten used to calling them, but since they don't have any special rules they're not actually named in the rulebooks.
Yes, the Rise of the Valkyrie rulebook specifically refers to Grass, Water, Rock, and Sand tiles.

I want to say that they were also used in one of the scenarios somewhere (something along the lines of Sand becoming mud because of rain in one of the scenarios), but I couldn't find it when looking through my old RotV scenario book and may be thinking of something user-made there instead of an online-exclusive scenario. In that regard, I suppose that I could buy something similar if the added rules are fairly light and thematically intuitive.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
(See also: 3D hexes =/= quicksand. Maybe we should change the thread title, @lefton4ya ?)
Seconded for the title change. Adding the [AotV] tag to the title of the thread should help it be more immediately apparent that this thread is now focused on the project.
Yes. @lefton4ya could you update the thread title to [AotP] Terrain Rules Discussion? That way it covers whatever we end up calling the 3D hexes, and we could do 'weird' terrain here, too (unless everyone would rather have a separate thread for that.
Weird Terrain will eventually need its own thread for special rules, I think, so perhaps we should keep those brainstorming processes separate? Each thread could probably be in the AotV Maps & Scenarios subforum when we get around to it.

Also, the thread tag should actually be [AotV] for Arena of the Valkyrie, not the Arena of the Planeswalkers game that we're using. Perhaps we should have chosen a different acronym.
Old June 7th, 2021, 09:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yes, the Rise of the Valkyrie rulebook specifically refers to Grass, Water, Rock, and Sand tiles.
Interesting, I hadn't quite gotten as far as digging out the rulebook.

Quote:
Also, the thread tag should actually be [AotV] for Arena of the Valkyrie, not the Arena of the Planeswalkers game that we're using. Perhaps we should have chosen a different acronym.
I can't believe I typed AotP.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 7th, 2021, 09:08 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I can't believe I typed AotP.
It happens to us all eventually.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > AotV Maps & Scenarios