Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old May 30th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
Alien Hunt, an AVP Game

THIS THREAD IS WIP, so may not be complete.

I am working on a rules variant for Heroscape that will be designed to allow each player the role of a Predator who is hunting an Alien Queen. The game is for 2+ players, one player must play as the Aliens, all others play as Predators.

The game will play exactly as Heroscape except the following:

This game is presumed to be in a deep jungle or other terrain where visibility is limited, you may not target anything outside of 8 hexes, unless a special says otherwise.

The Alien Player sets up the board and places blip tokens and such at his discretion, he may choose to know or not to know what tokens are placed where.

If you play without hexes, double all range and movements.

Predator Players:
Your Weapon alters your Range and Attack, so if you are using your Shoulder Cannon, compared to your default unarmed, your Range will be higher, as will your Attack. Each player activates only their Predator.
For each Alien you kill, you gain 1 experience point, experience may be spent to add 1 to Movement, Attack, Range, Defense, Life, or to recover all lost Life, you may save your experience for a later date. When adding to your Attack or Range, you must specify which weapon, or your base.
Predators may each take four items, be them weapons, unique trackers, or healing kits, even the self destruct kit!

Alien Player:
When setting up the game, he may position blip tokens face down across the board, but none within 4 hexes of the players starting positions. These tokens are revealed to the players when they are within 4 hexes. The tokens will have a number and icon on the back, this signifies how many and what kind of Alien to place on the table.

Objective:
The first player to kill the Alien Queen is the winner.

Game Notes:
The Alien Queen will be too powerful to be killed without first gaining some experience, therefore it is very useful to first hunt normal Aliens to get some more power. However, once revealed the Alien Queen becomes a target for all players, as that is the objective, there is a careful balance between gaining power and killing the queen. Players may kill each other, but this is discouraged unless they are having fun.

More to be added, comments are appreciated, also, I'd like to see how you'd stat these, I am not concerned with Aliens being Unique heroes so if they play best with multiple wounds, then so be it. An alien should be a decent challenge early on. I'd like to see a handful of different predator designs, but each balanced with each other, none should have and of the standard weapons, though special ones are fine.
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:20 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Alien Hunt, an AVP Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post

The game will play exactly as Heroscape except the following:

Sounds cool but.....How again is this even close to exactly? Especially if the hexes are optional.
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
Re: Alien Hunt, an AVP Game

Core rules mechanics, so yeah, that's about it. But that statement is still correct, there are just a lot of the except part. Whenever I fail a rule, simply check the main rulebook.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions