Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 7th, 2016, 04:48 PM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart
Re: HeroScaper Meet in North East Area (Philadelphia)

Family Fun Hobbies is a nice store. They do not have a huge table section but I'm sure it could accommodate a small group of Heroscapers. They do however have a pretty busy activities list so space still could be an issue. It's definitely worth looking into. It would be by far the most convenient for me as it is only 30 minutes from my house.
Old June 13th, 2016, 05:32 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jromano View Post
I'm relatively new to HS and just introduced the game to some friends this past weekend. I'm definitely interested in monthly meet-ups. I'm in Burlington, Burlington County, NJ.
Welcome aboard @jromano . I can vouch for both @Dad_Scaper 's events in Savage, MD and @Grishnakh 's events near Hicksville, LI, NY . . . they are both great venues, groups of gamers, and opportunities to play some HeroScape. They're just hellacious 3+ hour journeys from Cape May, NJ where I'm currently residing.

It's a shame that All Things Fun in West Berlin closed up. It would be about halfway between my house and Burlington. Ed & Dina still have a shop in the Commissary/PX complex at Fort Dix/McGuire AFB and told me that they would be looking for a new location eventually to re-open their game store. Their rent was about to double and they just couldn't afford that.

I'm not familiar with the other FLGS that you mentioned, other than hearing the names connected with Star Wars: X-Wing events through the FaceBook group: "South Jersey/Philadelhpia area X-Wing, Armada, and Imperial Assault," which I'm a member of also. But I have been to All The King's Men in Pitman, Nerdvana in Egg Harbor Twp., Trotta's Hobbies in Barnegat, and East Coast Games in Toms River, as other options. I would not be adverse to meeting you in the Cherry Hill area, in fact the MeetUp-dot-COM board gaming group called "GOTCHA" has been gathering every Sunday at Qdoba on Rt. 73 and once a month at the CH Library. Maybe we could even drag my old friend @fallow out of retirement, he lives not far from Burlington.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old June 13th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh, jromano knows about how great our events in Savage are, Johngee.

You see, unlike yourself, he came to the last one.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 16th, 2016, 12:33 PM

jromano is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

@Johngee - Thanks for the welcome. I never heard of that group in Cherry Hill (town I happen to work in) so I'll check it out. I have heard of Nerdvana and ATKM but don't know much about them. And I'm keeping an eye out for Ed and Dina's future ventures.
@Dad_Scaper - had a good time at Savage last weekend and learned a lot about the game. Thanks for organizing it!
Old June 16th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yes! Thank you so much for coming!

The army you brought looked very, very much like the army I brought to my first tournament. I'm glad you had a good time and I hope you return, maybe with even more people, for the next one!

= =
Old June 22nd, 2016, 04:37 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

I'm not exactly in the Philadelphia area (try central south MD), but if my new employers can spare me for a weekend, I could go as far as Philadelphia for a mid-day match. If you have any closer to Baltimore that would great as well! I haven't played in ages, and need something to do on this forum other than argue to no one's benefit. Y'all'd be doing a community service!

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 09:03 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

You live in Maryland???!!! Where have you been???!!!

Sheesh.

= =
Old June 23rd, 2016, 02:17 PM

jromano is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I checked with the G.O.T.C.H.A group and the admins didn't have a problem with bringing HS to their monthly meet-up at the Cherry Hill (NJ) library. Looks like the next one is July 9th, which I definitely can't make. Here is their schedule if anyone in the area is interested in the other games/venues:

http://www.meetup.com/gamersofthecherryhillarea/events/
Old June 24th, 2016, 09:01 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the link to the GOTCHA group. I expect that I will get a chance to head out to one of their meetups soon. Let me know when you (or anyone else for that matter) expect to make it out to a meeting and we can hook up for some Scape.
Old June 26th, 2016, 11:28 PM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

I should be able to make the 9th at Cherry Hill. Who else could ?!?!?!
Old June 28th, 2016, 09:20 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You live in Maryland???!!! Where have you been???!!!

Sheesh.

UHHhhhh, alternately playing heroscape with myself and leaping between the tombstones in search of my next meal?

Actually, college though

EDIT: I will actually be in Baltimore for a few weeks August 22-September 9 for sales school. While classes are in session I would want to be focusing on those, but if I arrived a few days early and/or left a few days late I could play some scape. That is, of course, assuming I can find someplace safe and inexpensive within 20 minutes of the inner harbor in the next couple of weeks. If anyone has suggestions please pm me.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old June 28th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Well, we won't be available during that period, but hopefully someone else will. For more broad regional posts, you can always go to the MARS thread.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events