Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 23rd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Is there an app for that?

I dunno Matt, the cards have really fallen my way in our games. In fact, I've noticed a couple of things about my playstyle. I think I'm pretty good when the cards I've been successful with show up and I can create a hand with which I'm comfortable, but when my favorite cards don't show up I seem to really flounder. I don't know what to do when the center row features a couple of 5+ baddies and some purchasable cards that don't let you draw a card or eliminate something in your hand. I tend to buy what's available and if it also isn't a construct, my hand gets bloated and I lose. I'm starting to think that those are the situations where I need to either buy Heavy Infantry or simply pass. I just hate leaving points on the table.

~Aldin, who thinks the game can be cruel to those that want to get the most out of every point

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 23rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I dunno Matt, the cards have really fallen my way in our games. In fact, I've noticed a couple of things about my playstyle. I think I'm pretty good when the cards I've been successful with show up and I can create a hand with which I'm comfortable, but when my favorite cards don't show up I seem to really flounder. I don't know what to do when the center row features a couple of 5+ baddies and some purchasable cards that don't let you draw a card or eliminate something in your hand. I tend to buy what's available and if it also isn't a construct, my hand gets bloated and I lose. I'm starting to think that those are the situations where I need to either buy Heavy Infantry or simply pass. I just hate leaving points on the table.

~Aldin, who thinks the game can be cruel to those that want to get the most out of every point
Don't forget that sometimes it is in your best interests not to purchase something.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old March 26th, 2012, 07:48 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

Don't forget that sometimes it is in your best interests not to purchase something.
This is true... I often forget about it though. I also often try and scoop the banish cards to thin out the weaker stuff, but if I'm late to the party I try and grab something else, which I don't have to, but oddly still do.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:37 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

I know double posting is a no-no, but I thought I'd share some cool finds that support online play. I picked up Dominion for free and iStrategia (Stratego) for a mere dollar. If anyone has those games or plans to pick them up, I'd be happy to play some matches...

Also, if anyone has any games they'd recommend for multiplayer (online matches), let me know.

www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Also, if anyone has any games they'd recommend for multiplayer (online matches), let me know.
As I mentioned in post #4 in this thread: Disc Drivin' and Carcassonne.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
As I mentioned in post #4 in this thread: Disc Drivin' and Carcassonne.
I feel like a dope... I completely forgot about the recommendations people made earlier. stupid, stupid, stupid...

Old March 29th, 2012, 06:46 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

When is chat coming for Ascension...? That would be such a good addition...

BTW, thanks for all the good games... Out of 26 games I'm 14-12... I can't see that ratio lasting..
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:30 PM

Nightfall is now available if anyone is interested or familiar with the game. It was made by Playdek (makers of Ascension app). It supports multiplayer matches as well. I purchased the game if anyone wants to play.

Old April 9th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Monokidnatic

Quote:
Nightfall is now available if anyone is interested or familiar with the game. It was made by Playdek (makers of Ascension app). It supports multiplayer matches as well. I purchased the game if anyone wants to play.
I bought it, but I've never played Nightfall, haven't opened the app yet, and I know that there are color-based icons that may wreak havoc with my color blindness. So first I'll need to learn how to play.

Scaper of the Week #17

Last edited by Jim; April 9th, 2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Mostly bought it to support Playdek. I had dinner at PAX with George, one of the heads of Playdek. Nice guy!
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I bought it, but I've never played Nightfall, haven't opened the app yet, and I know that there are color-based icons that may wreak havoc with my color blindness. So first I'll need to learn how to play.
Too bad Nightfall didn't support chat, because I could've wrote the colors for you based on your hand. The rules are fairly simple to learn, but if you have any questions, let me know as I'm quite familiar with the game.

Old April 9th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Monokidnatic

Quote:
Too bad Nightfall didn't support chat,
It's is in the works for all the Playdek apps. Better to do it right slowly than wrong quickly.

Scaper of the Week #17
Old May 21st, 2012, 10:43 PM

For those you who have the Neuroshima Hex App, an update released today enables online multiplayer matches for the game. If anyone has the game and is interested in playing, let me know and I can send you my email.

Apparently you need to know your opponent's email address to send an invite, instead of the typical Game Center method.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games