Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 27th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Played Black Sheep for the first time with my twins as they got it for their birthday last week. I got smoked as Paige finished with 53, Morgan finished with 33 points and I brought up the rear with a measly 10 points. Though this isn't such a bad thing as Paige is the least interested in games of my girls, so a win here was hopefully good for future plays.
It would not work as a game I would play with my buddies, or with KidScaper.

But as a game with the girl, where I can play recklessly/sub-optimally/whatever and just enjoy playing, it might be the best game I own.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Played Black Sheep for the first time with my twins as they got it for their birthday last week. I got smoked as Paige finished with 53, Morgan finished with 33 points and I brought up the rear with a measly 10 points. Though this isn't such a bad thing as Paige is the least interested in games of my girls, so a win here was hopefully good for future plays.
It would not work as a game I would play with my buddies, or with KidScaper.

But as a game with the girl, where I can play recklessly/sub-optimally/whatever and just enjoy playing, it might be the best game I own.
Yeah, there's not too much strategy or thinking with this one. It's fine for what it is and not something for me to bring to the gaming group. But it was inexpensive and I figured my girls would dig the animal theme, which they did.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:41 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Four games on Saturday

Baltimore and Ohio - I don't know why sitting and tabulating 5 different revenue streams for 7 different railroad companies is fun. I haven't done this much math since high school. I was second in a 4-player game.

Tichu x2 - I was on the losing end of both of these games. The first game my partner needed to do more to help me out. The second game was all my fault.

Merchants and Marauders - This is was one of the most unproductive gaming sessions I've ever had. And I like this game, I just played that poorly. I scored a victory point on the second turn and then proceeded to dance around the same 4 islands for the next three hours and finished with a whopping 3 victory points. Good enough for dead last. My buddy looked at me about two-thirds of the way through the game and said, 'I really don't know what you think your plan is'. Neither do I. Neither do I.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:25 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Finished up TotalCon with the following playlist on Sat/Sun.

Saturday
GOSU
Lord of the Rings TCG
BANG x3
Rune Age

Two player game of LotR with Bengi, we got absolutely destroyed, but it was good to finally get a play in so I can do so myself at home.

First time playing Bang, and it was great. A party game that I definitely need to pick up for our annual family vacation (minus all the inuendo ). I won a four player game as the Renegade, then the table started to grow and we played a 5 and 7 player game, all with plenty of laughs (myself, Onacara, TomCollins, Mombo101, Onacara Jr, Bengi, and random person who was very much a fan of Bang).

Ended the night with another first time play with Rune Age. Liked it a lot but I can see how it may become stale kind of fast... needs expansions (myself, Bengi, Onacara, Onacar Jr).

Sunday
My 6yr old Daughter came with us for the last day and she had a blast.

Survive!
Ticket to Ride
Blood Bowl Team Manager
Castle Keep x2

Survive and TtR were great, playing at full tables including my daughter. She was talking about next year and coming with us more days already.

First time playing BBTM and It was great. I won with 45 fans to Onacara Jr's 37, to Onacara's 33.

I was cooked at this point but the kiddos weren't ready to go, so we ended with two games of Castle Keep. A simple tile placing game where you try to be the first to build your castle before anyone else all while tying to avoid being destroyed and having to start over.

-insert signature here-
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:40 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Feel kind of bad about a game of Smallworld last night. I don't normally get flustered at losing, but sitting in last place, the player in 3rd decided rather than attacking the leader to wipe me off the board. After the second turn of this where I had lost both my active and decline race while another player earned 13+ a turn, I got did what I try so hard never to do, got flustered and went full kingmaker/anarchist on the game by taking Mercenary Gypsies and paying to wipe the board out. Not one of my prouder moments in gaming I'm sad to say.
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:44 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Got some painting done this weekend. Planning to post it all tomorrow when people are actually paying attention, but here's a teaser:

WTF? Is that a periscope coming up out of the snow?
It is! Here's what's hiding underground there: the Pygmy Troll Burrowers!

also finished this week, a Fullblood Troll Impaler:

and two new Warlocks. First of all, the albino leader of the Trollkin, Madrak the World Ender:

and the Trollkin bandit, Jarl Skuld, Devil of the Thornwood:

Old February 27th, 2012, 11:37 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Warhammer Reikland Knights

Warhammer Altdorfer BSB

Warhammer Averland BSB

Warhammer Archlector

Earth Reborn - Monica Vasquez

Dungeonquest - Krutzbeck
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:11 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

Two weekends ago I was able to play three new games at a friends house, Small World, Formula D, and Kingdom Builder.

Small World is fun and easy to play but most likely not something I would buy. I could see with multiple plays that it would become a snorefest to me.

Formula D is a neat game but 95% luck driven. We decided to only play one lap in this game and we didn't use the street car version.

Finally the last game of the night was Kingdom Builder, it was a fun game with various choices to build your houses but it does have a strong luck element especially if you draw only two land types the entire game.

This past weekend I was able to play two games of Runewars. This was the first time playing the game and both games took over seven hours to complete. I'm hoping with future plays the game becomes shorter. There was three of us playing in both of the games and I do own the expansion too. One of the players is very AP prone and that explains some of the 7+ hours of play time.

Besides the long play time length, I really like the game. It has many elements to the game that makes it feel like an adventure and a conquest game all-in-one box. Each of the factions have a different feel to them too. There are still some optional rules that we haven't tried out yet like, Encounter Tokens, Commanders, and Development Cards.
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:37 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Feel kind of bad about a game of Smallworld last night. I don't normally get flustered at losing, but sitting in last place, the player in 3rd decided rather than attacking the leader to wipe me off the board. After the second turn of this where I had lost both my active and decline race while another player earned 13+ a turn, I got did what I try so hard never to do, got flustered and went full kingmaker/anarchist on the game by taking Mercenary Gypsies and paying to wipe the board out. Not one of my prouder moments in gaming I'm sad to say.
Been there Eclipse (this past weekend playing Dominant Species in fact... you listening Bengi? ), unavoidable sometimes. As long as there is no table flip, it's all good.

-----
@Zarovichx

A full compliment of players is the best way for Small World IMO, but it's not for everyone.

Huh, I've never seen a full game of Runewars go more than 4 hours, and most of us agreed that we could cut it to 2.5 once we all knew the rules in and out.

-insert signature here-
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:57 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

[quote=nyys;1567909]
Quote:
-----
@Zarovichx

A full compliment of players is the best way for Small World IMO, but it's not for everyone.

Huh, I've never seen a full game of Runewars go more than 4 hours, and most of us agreed that we could cut it to 2.5 once we all knew the rules in and out.
We had 4 at the table for Small World. I don't remember what the max amount is for the game.

For Runewars, I think the time was heavily influenced by an AP prone player plus both games went the full 6 years. My friend gets AP prone in all games he plays, 7 Wonders, Merchants & Maruaders, Heroscape etc.
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:19 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great work on your trolls Eclipse.
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Got in a bunch of gaming at TotalCon this weekend.

(In no particular order)

Nightfall x2
Thunderstone x2
GOSU
Elder Sign
Cyclades
Bang x3
Battlestar Galactica (Easiest game for the humans you will ever see since not a single Cylon fleet threat came up)
Survive:Escape from Atlantis (with the blue dice, dolphins and giant squid)
Ticket to Ride
Castle Ravenloft/Legend of Drizzt
Panic Station
Rune Age
Blood Bowl Team Manager
Wits and Wagers (my team won the Dice Tower Tournament)
Faces (with Tom Vasel's suped up copy...never laughed so much)
Alcatraz:The Scapegoat x2 (Love this game and glad I finally got to play it)
Capo (Tom Vasel and Steve Avery's prototype game design..loved it)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games